Ex-Thai PM Thaksin Quits As Cambodia's Economics Adviser

webfact

Thaksin Economic Advisor to Cambodia? purely designed to Antagonise Thailand with BS,and keep him high Profile,as a big player worldwide.

The Riot in Bangkok made headlines everywhere. The rest of the world really does not care about him and in the western world no one knows who he is.

Maybe he gets coverage from BBC. I live here have the greatest Thai wife and daughters and wish Thailand well. Thaksin this Thaksin that, someone is sure afraid of him.

To me lets quit beating on a dead horse.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will Taksin still be allowed to travel to Cambodia if he doesn't have any official business there? Still would seem like a slap in the face to Thailand if he can go there and do whatever he does, give money to his supporters etc. Would be nice to see him confined to his new country Montenegro.

I think that not many people know that Thaksin must enter Thai air zone to enter in Cambodia.

Do you guys really believe that Thaksin gave up on doing business in Cambodia solely because Cambodian Government want to reopen the relations??

Nope! Thai military air force is on red alert so if the cheating man without land tries to enter with its jet, he'll be forced to land in Thai territory and jailed!

Better look at the map, from Vietnam no crossing Thailand.

Ok so he has quit there - must be side stepping for something else - who told the 200 or so red shirts to walk up and down walking street in Chiangmai at the weekend shouting and carrying on scaring all the tourists who are here for the first time - AND GUESS WHAT - NO POLICE TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE!!! No suprise there i here everyone say

Is it any surprise that Northern Policemen are supportive of Thaksin, a former senior Police officer..??

it's also no surprise that he has the support of the counter help at KFC...

UPDATE

THAI-CAMBODIA TIES

Thai Ambassador to travel to Phnom Penh tomorrow : Kasit

Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya said Monday that a Thai ambassador to Phnom Penh will go to Phnom Penh tomorrow.

Kasit said Prasart Prasartwinitchai will travel to Phnom Penh tomorrow to resume his works.

Prasart was recalled in October last year after Cambodia appointed Thaksin Shinawatra as the government's economic advisor. Cambodia also recalled its ambassador.

Meanwhile Cambodia's Foreign Ministry spokesman Koy Kuong said Monday that it depended on Thailand when it would reinstate its ambassador as Cambodia will reciporcate. He was responding to reports that former ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has resigned from the position of economic advisor to Hun Sen government.

The appointment of Thaksin in October last year has worsened the bilateral ties, with Thailand and Cambodia recalling their ambassadors.

"If Thailand reinstates its ambassador to Cambodia, we will do the same," he told the Nation in a telephone interview.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-23

Thaksin had stepped down "because of personal difficulties in fulfilling his role completely".

resizedthaksinhunsencam.jpg

Don't take your love away from me

Don't you leave my heart in misery

If you go then I'll be blue

'Cause breaking up his hard to do

Remember when you held me tight

And you kissed me all through the night

Think of all that we've been through

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

They say that breaking up is hard to do

Now I know, I know that it's true

Don't say that this is the end

Instead of breaking up I wish that we were making up again

I beg of you, don't say goodbye

Can't we give our love another try

Come on baby, let's start a new

'Cause breaking up is hard to do

- Neil Sedaka

• Like 1

One of the simple truths must surely be that Thaksin is desperate - and when his moves backfire, he just quits. He bought Manchester City Football Club, seemingly a good PR move. That got him nowhere and so he quit before he was forced out by the Football Association regulations, even though he made a tidy profit from the deal. He became an adviser to Cambodia. That got him nowhere and so he quit. Wait for more news about his next exploit, and then sit back for news that he quits that as well.

will Taksin still be allowed to travel to Cambodia if he doesn't have any official business there? Still would seem like a slap in the face to Thailand if he can go there and do whatever he does, give money to his supporters etc. Would be nice to see him confined to his new country Montenegro.

I think that not many people know that Thaksin must enter Thai air zone to enter in Cambodia.

Do you guys really believe that Thaksin gave up on doing business in Cambodia solely because Cambodian Government want to reopen the relations??

Nope! Thai military air force is on red alert so if the cheating man without land tries to enter with its jet, he'll be forced to land in Thai territory and jailed!

Are you an expert ?

Resigning is all about saving face, I suspect it was suggested, what has Thaksin got to offer Cambodia anyhow, absolutely nothing.

not really 'nothing'; T's information on border disputes including disputed ocean water with oil drilling would be prime and importnat. he had the other team's playbook. If he already gave Cambodia the best strategy for taking Prahear Vihear and coastal waters and oil and got paid it, resigning is too late to stop what 'services' he provided.

Just another pathetic ploy?

Thaksin Shinawatra's first public comments after the Rajprasong arson and looting were to 'speculate' that the Red Shirt protests should continue underground, and after many weeks of keeping a defensive posture, these new bombings in the very same area just a day after Thaksin's recent birthday celebrations seem more likely, to me at least, to be a signal from the birthday boy to begin a new offensive, albeit perhaps merely another pathetic ploy to keep his name in the news.

The Red Shirt movement needs to collectively awake from Thaksin's spell and stop simply denying, complaining and blaming, find a credible leader able to present a coherent policy program alternative and make a public commitment that their protest methods will never again extend beyond civil disobedience into arson, looting and murder.

Of course, for that to happen, the Red Shirt movement would first have to reject Thaksin's twisted leadership and tainted money as well as his long history of unbending efforts to usurp state power largely for his own ends. Indeed, the events of this year strongly suggest that credible leaders with a coherent vision of comprehensive state reform are probably the only way for the Red Shirts to convince the Thai middle class that there really is a 'new deal' out there and that it is therefore in their best interest to support the Red Shirts as a credible political alternative.

• Like 1

Yesterday some Pheua Thai MPs said they were not happy with Chalerm's decision to promise an amnesty for Thaksin as the campaign strategy in the next election, it was better to focus on his previous economic prowess they said.

It was also agreed that Yaowapa and Payap should not feature as representatives of Pheua Thai, they brought more negative results than positives, from now on, only Yinglak should represent the ruling dynasty.

They also agreed that no one should be presented as the next potential PM before the next election as this led to internal disagreements.

Long live the Shinawat dynasty, and please keep the money flowing otherwise we may have to leave you for Newin.

Ok so he has quit there - must be side stepping for something else - who told the 200 or so red shirts to walk up and down walking street in Chiangmai at the weekend shouting and carrying on scaring all the tourists who are here for the first time - AND GUESS WHAT - NO POLICE TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE!!! No suprise there i here everyone say

The North is Red Territory. peasants can stop military trains with no arrests http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/358129-red-shirts-blockade-thai-military-train/page__hl__military+train

The South is Muslim Territory.

The Middle? we will find out sooner or later.

Scaring tourists ? Are there still some left up north ?

As a matter of fact, there ARE.

Of course the 4 and 5 stars are empty, but we have plenty young families and back packers, mainly Europeans, and some guest houses report better business than the same period last year.

And, contrary to scare mongering and extreme leftist remarks in the CM section, reliable eye witnesses report that there was no intimidation and certainly no bad behaviour or "tourist scaring" in Walking Street on Sunday.

I have very limited sympathy with the reds (except those who have genuinely lost family members), but please let's all be real?!!!

Most falangs in CM have lots of sympathy with the reds. So you prefer the Amata over the prae, right?

Most falangs in CM have lots of sympathy with the reds. So you prefer the Amata over the prae, right?

Prae, Schmae ...

CM "far-langs" like the reds, huh? OK, I have a proposal for you. Next time they can do a Chiang Mai Burning instead of a Bangkok Burning, how about that. What, you don't like crapping in your own house?

Edited by Jingthing

PTP may win a majority again next time round, but beware that the international community will be watching for 'irregularities'. K. Thaksin pardoned and returning? Just the way to start war among Thai, I think. Already his 'honest mistake' accepted 8-7 by a court in 2001 was a disgrace, a pardon now would just serve to show people you can get away with almost anything in Thailand. Forget democracy, just take what you want and do it now. Look in that mirror, I'd say.

As for your last few lines, unnecessary insults. No need for that.

Edited by sbk
deleted quoted post removed

Thaksin may have a Cambodian diplomatic passport, if I recall correct. Can Thaksin keep that passport?

good point.. probably he will be retained as an advisor ,{peace envoy ]

along with his diplomatic passport .

For whatever reason that seems to be a very common, very reoccurring theme amongst the Thaksin apologists/Red shirt supporters here.

Edited by sbk

Good publicity move. Waiting for press releases from Robert A. and K. Noppadon. I'm sure it'll say K. Thaksin quit rather than having been dropped by PM Hun Sen. I can't wait to read the spin on the very good reasons K. thaksin had :lol:

In the initial spin, it's altruism and self-sacrifice as the reasons:

Thaksin's legal adviser and former foreign minister Noppadon Pattama said Thaksin's resignation would pave the way for the two countries to restore relations.

"He resigned of his own will so the two governments can normalise relations," Noppadon said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/08/24/politics/Thaksin-quits-as-P-Penh&039;s-economic-adviser-30136460.html

Good publicity move. Waiting for press releases from Robert A. and K. Noppadon. I'm sure it'll say K. Thaksin quit rather than having been dropped by PM Hun Sen. I can't wait to read the spin on the very good reasons K. thaksin had :lol:

In the initial spin, it's altruism and self-sacrifice as the reasons:

Thaksin's legal adviser and former foreign minister Noppadon Pattama said Thaksin's resignation would pave the way for the two countries to restore relations.

"He resigned of his own will so the two governments can normalise relations," Noppadon said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/08/24/politics/Thaksin-quits-as-P-Penh&039;s-economic-adviser-30136460.html

Its hard to resist my tears when I read Noppadon's statement.

China seems to have put a lot of pressure on Cambodia not to rock the ASEAN boat by interfering in another member's internal affairs. I don't think Thaksin will travel there again. It is too risky to trust Hun Sen who could easily turn on him at the drop of a hat, if he sees a better offer. It will be interesting to see whether Hun Sen decides to keep red shirt leaders, such as Jakraphob and Arisman, who are enjoying sanctuary in Cambodia.

What you don't realise is that Thaksin's mob did NOT win the last election. They got the most seats and then got the support of some smaller parties to get a majority to form government.

Those smaller parties no longer support Thaksin's mob, so Thaksin's mob will have a hard time "winning" the next election.

Edited by sbk

what you blokes are all not coming to terms with is that abhisit has to have an election at some stage....that is inevitable...and taksin's mob WILL win....taksin WILL be pardoned, taksin WILL return and lead the government...sorry silvertail ex-pats, you all live in your stupid dreamland thinking your tilac loves you cos you are old, grey and have a fat guts...look in the mirror and get REAL...

sawasdee krap:jap:

PTP may win a majority again next time round, but beware that the international community will be watching for 'irregularities'. K. Thaksin pardoned and returning? Just the way to start war among Thai, I think. Already his 'honest mistake' accepted 8-7 by a court in 2001 was a disgrace, a pardon now would just serve to show people you can get away with almost anything in Thailand. Forget democracy, just take what you want and do it now. Look in that mirror, I'd say.

Either way, nothing would surprise me although I also think that some PTP executives realise what liability T presents. As for ozzieal remark at the end, it is really just pathetic. This kind of generalisation is just typical self righteous bull...