High Deductable Insurance?

High deductable Insurance?

I am looking for a major medical type insurance that will:

1) Offer zero coverage for below 300,000 baht per year

2) Contractual discounts with private hospitals

Basically, I am happy to self insure but would like some coverage for very serious problems only.

Also if I do have a 150,000 bill to pay on my own I would like to pay the insurance company's discounted rate as is often done with US insurance problems.

i live in Bangkok close to good hospitals and have a wife and two children.

Edited by TravelerEastWest

Under the MaxiCare option as described 20 Million baht Lifetime Limit ain't much ... even at 80 MM, why have any Lifetime Limit at all? BUPA Platinum comes in at about the same premium cost no deductible and no lifetime limit with 5 million per incident as the Ultra 5 million /incident described.

I have just been looking at a policy such as this to upgrade to, it works out 20% off to exclude outpatient, then a further 40% off for a 200,000 baht deductible on a 5 million baht coverage policy, the premium depends on your age.

http://insurance.tha...ts-5m-baht.html

Looks like a fine insurance to me, but ends at the age of 65. Don´t you expect to get older than that?

I have just been looking at a policy such as this to upgrade to, it works out 20% off to exclude outpatient, then a further 40% off for a 200,000 baht deductible on a 5 million baht coverage policy, the premium depends on your age.

http://insurance.tha...ts-5m-baht.html

Looks like a fine insurance to me, but ends at the age of 65. Don´t you expect to get older than that?

The LMG Mega plans will guarantee renew-ability for Life once accepted :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great answers - thank you.

Thai Visa,

I am wondering:

Do private hospitals in Bangkok contractually use your rates for medical care or is it optional on their part - I refer to the hospitals that are in your program. 

So for example if I sign up for your policy with heavy deductions I will most often pay everything out of pocket will this be at normal public rates or at your discounted rates as it works in America? Currently I use Samtivej

Great answers - thank you.

Thai Visa,

I am wondering:

Do private hospitals in Bangkok contractually use your rates for medical care or is it optional on their part - I refer to the hospitals that are in your program.

So for example if I sign up for your policy with heavy deductions I will most often pay everything out of pocket will this be at normal public rates or at your discounted rates as it works in America? Currently I use Samtivej

Unless the amount to be billed has to be co-paid with the insurance company, you will be treated as any other private (i.e. cash paying) customer - this is standard throughout Thailand.

However the good news : you can ask the insurance company to negotiate on your behalf - which they will do - to lower the amount payable.