Is It Possible To Obtain The Ed Visa For Studying Japanese?

As the subject says. I see many schools advertising the 1 yr ED visa for students who study the Thai language. I will be moving to Japan next year and would like to start studying Japanese. Is it possible to obtain the ED visa for studying Japanese in Bangkok or is it only for the study of Thai?

Any authorized study can be made and that would include Japanese at some schools. But in most cases a one year visa is not available from my understanding - only a one entry for 90 days and then you may extend stay each 90 days from Immigration with proof of school attendance/payment of 1,900 baht for TM.7

Currently the ED visa seems to be a catch all for various curriculums of study. :whistling: I know people who have them for studying english, thai, chinese, japanese, korean, (and just about any other language you might wanna study), as well as for studying; buddhism, scuba diving & muay-thai fighting. I even know one person who is attending a culinary school, learning to cook thai food whose on an ED visa. So it seems there is quite a broad interpretation of education.

As long as the school is registered/licensed with the Ministry of Education, after you pay your tuition, they (the school) supplies you with documentation to go to any thai embassy or consulate and you could get at least a single entry 90 day Non-Immigrant Type-ED visa.

Then as a previous poster pointed out, you'd get more paperwork from your school and extend the visa every 90 days at your local Thai Immigrations office for 1900baht.

FWIW: There's a school which has branches in both the Times Square Building on Sukhumvit near Soi 12, and the Thaniya Building on Silom near the BTS Sala Daeng station, which I think is called; Thai Language Station. They teach thai, also Japanese and I think Korean too.

They could probably give you the info about what you're wanting to do.

Google Thai Language Solutions Bangkok

Good luck.

Edited by tod-daniels

If you're convenience to go school by BTS.I'd like to recommend you of some Thai language school which is called " Thai Language Station" [11 th floor Thaniya building] because I wanted to learn thai by getting student visa 1 year but I've found out that they also have ED visa for japanese language.You can look it up by this website

http://www.tls-bangk...ai-language-co/

I hope you can study japanese language soon!! :D

Edited by Modori