How To Go To Pattaya?

gate7

Fix price before travel - 800-1,500 baht range with or without toll fees. I would try for 1,200 as that should be fair to everyone and keep all happy. Taxi rates are really cheap here so no need to bargain too hard.

If you PM me your details, Mrs TizMe can organise a taxi for you.

I assume that you are coming from the airport? If so there will be a guy waiting at arrivals with a sign with your name on it.

You pay 1200 baht plus toll charges (about 180 baht)

Could always take a bus direct from Mochit Bus Station if you want to be a tight wad - taxi to Mochit plus bus will be about 200 baht. There are a couple of quick buses that use the main highway. If I was just on holiday for a few weeks I'd do the taxi :o

The cheapest way is to take the A3 Sukhumvit airport bus (you buy a ticket and pick it up by the taxi queue just as you exit the terminal) get off at the Elkhami bus station Soi 63, then buy a ticket for an air-con bus to Pattaya (ticket window is the first one on the right side as you enter the terminal), then a baht bus to your hotel.

Seems like a lot of transfers but not a big deal. Costs (may have gone up a little) are 100bt for the airport bus, 90bt for the bus to Pattaya, and 20bt for the baht bus, total 210 bt. Total travel time about 2.5-3 hours depending on traffic. Very easy to do.

Edited by Paul3456

Thai airways still have a mini bus 3 times a day direct to Patti for about 250 bts.

Good service and very quick.

Last time i got it left at @6-30 pm and got to Pat just after 8-00pm but as said only 3 x days ....

Thai airways still have a mini bus 3 times a day direct to Patti for about 250 bts.

Good service  and very quick.

Last time i got it left at @6-30 pm and got to Pat just after 8-00pm but as said only 3 x days ....

I think this has been discontinued.

Edited by spacebass

Could always take a bus direct from Mochit Bus Station if you want to be a tight wad - taxi to Mochit plus bus will be about 200 baht. There are a couple of quick buses that use the main highway. If I was just on holiday for a few weeks I'd do the taxi  :o

I was sure that da dude was lookin' to avoid mules. Going to da bus terminal is very mule-like. Just take da taxi man. Who wants to tool around to da bus on a mule and delay your arrival in Patt. Da cheap Charlies'll go threw ###### to save a couple o' baht. it aint worth it

The cheapest way is to take the A3 Sukhumvit airport bus (you buy a ticket and pick it up by the taxi queue just as you exit the terminal) get off at the Elkhami bus station Soi 63, then buy a ticket for an air-con bus to Pattaya (ticket window is the first one on the right side as you enter the terminal), then a baht bus to your hotel.

Seems like a lot of transfers but not a big deal.  Costs (may have gone up a little) are 100bt for the airport bus, 90bt for the bus to Pattaya, and 20bt for the baht bus, total 210 bt.  Total travel time about 2.5-3 hours depending on traffic.  Very easy to do.

Baht bus to your hotel for 20 Baht??????

Last time I went to Pattaya, baht buses wanted 200 Baht to take me to Soi Bheakhow (South) and motorbike taxi 50 Baht per person.

I'm afraid that the Baht buses really take the p**s nowadays. Air conditioned taxi meter in Bangkok from Morchit bus station to Sukhumvit cost me 100Baht 6oclock in the morning last thursday, But baht bus wants 200 Baht from Pattaya north bus terminal to south Pattaya. Unbelievable, the difference. Incidenrtly taxi meter Friday night 9pm from Sukhumvit to airport cost me 220 Baht plus 60 Baht tolls. Traffic was at virtual standstill and had to cross Sukhumvit and start off in the wrong direction. Taxi driver knew his way around, if I had used AB3 bus, would have missed flight for sure.

I would NEVER recommend that anyone going to Pattaya from the airport go via Ekkami bus station, traffic can be terrible. Go to Morchit. Taxi to Morchit around 120 Baht ( get taxi at departure level (3rd floor) if you want to avoid 50 Baht airport surcharge and sometimes long wait). Morchit to pattaya same price as from Ekkami and much quicker.

Personally, after flying to Thailand, I cant be bothered with messing around and wouild rather pay for a taxi straight to my hotel. Usually 1200 Baht, but often can find someone to share if you want to keep down the price. Last time I used taxi, it cost 500 Baht total for me and gf for drop off at my hotel as tried to grab taxi at the same time as some Germans and driver was happy to take us all for a little extra as he had to do 3 drop offs. That can't be bad.

If you want to save money and this is not something that I have tried.Why not write a small placard, Something like " ANYBODY WANT TO SHARE TAXI TO PATTAYA?" and walk up and down the airplane b4 it lands. I would think that you would have a good chance of finding another 2 or 3 single travellers to share. Would then be similar cost to using buses and a lot more convenient.

Looking for the easy way there guys.

Dont want to take 3 buses, 2 trains, and one mule.

Anybody knows how?

Taxi door to door - metre taxis are slightly cheaper than limos.

Check the actual vehicle you are going in some are brand new and others leave a lot to be desired.

Price about 1200 to 1800 going to Pattaya, 800 coming back.

Check if the price includes motorway tolls (about 150 baht).

Check which route he is going to take if you can.

If you want ot save money see if anyone on the plane is going your way and wants to share a taxi, there is usually someone. Allow room for luggage!

Alternatively there is a minibus service (250/300 baht o/w), check at an info counter. the problem I've found with them is they don't usually start until after 9.00 am.

Seems like a lot of transfers but not a big deal.  Costs (may have gone up a little) are 100bt for the airport bus, 90bt for the bus to Pattaya, and 20bt for the baht bus, total 210 bt.  Total travel time about 2.5-3 hours depending on traffic.  Very easy to do.

About the same price as the Mochit trip but the Ekamai involves a drive down busy Sick and Vomit road. There are a couple of fast highway buses that go from Mochit to Pattaya daily.

Could always take a bus direct from Mochit Bus Station if you want to be a tight wad - taxi to Mochit plus bus will be about 200 baht. There are a couple of quick buses that use the main highway. If I was just on holiday for a few weeks I'd do the taxi   :D

I was sure that da dude was lookin' to avoid mules. Going to da bus terminal is very mule-like. Just take da taxi man. Who wants to tool around to da bus on a mule and delay your arrival in Patt. Da cheap Charlies'll go threw ###### to save a couple o' baht. it aint worth it

I agree but just giving the alternatives.

Intersting choice of dialect btw

:o:D

Could always take a bus direct from Mochit Bus Station if you want to be a tight wad - taxi to Mochit plus bus will be about 200 baht. There are a couple of quick buses that use the main highway. If I was just on holiday for a few weeks I'd do the taxi  :o

Quick is the key word here. If you get the right bus it is virtually expressway right into Pattaya, but there are some that go via the cape and take over 4 hours.

Very important to check at Morchit how long the journey will take before youy buy the ticket.

Its still advertised on their web page but of course TIT :o

In Bangkok, THAI operates a reliable airport/city transfer service.

An air-conditioned limousine costs between B500 and B650 depending on the model, to any destination in the city.

A regular free shuttle bus operates between Bangkok's International and Domestic air terminals.

A THAI limousine from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya costs B1,500 one-way and from the airport to Hua Hin B2,500. THAI also operates a bus service, daily, form the airport to Pattaya: fare is B200.

In Bangkok a multi-route Airport Bus service Operates to key points in the center of the city, fare B100. All airports offer free baggage trolleys.

Airport departure tax is B500 for international flights, B50 for domestic

http://www.thaiair.co.kr/eng/roh/roh_thai.html

An air-conditioned limousine costs between B500 and B650 depending on the model, to any destination in the city.

A regular free shuttle bus operates between Bangkok's International and Domestic air terminals.

A THAI limousine from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya costs B1,500 one-way and from the airport to Hua Hin B2,500. THAI also operates a bus service, daily, form the airport to Pattaya: fare is B200.

In Bangkok a multi-route Airport Bus service Operates to key points in the center of the city, fare B100. All airports offer free baggage trolleys.

That website it totally outdated. The current limo rates are HERE (1,500 baht to Bangkok city). The Domestic departure tax has been included in ticket price for some time now.

Edited by lopburi3

Baht bus to your hotel for 20 Baht??????

Last time I went to Pattaya, baht buses wanted 200 Baht to take me to Soi Bheakhow (South) and motorbike taxi 50 Baht per person.

I'm afraid that the Baht buses really take the p**s nowadays. Air conditioned taxi meter in Bangkok from Morchit bus station to Sukhumvit cost me 100Baht 6oclock in the morning last thursday, But baht bus wants 200 Baht from Pattaya north bus terminal to south Pattaya. Unbelievable, the difference. Incidenrtly taxi meter Friday night 9pm from Sukhumvit to airport cost me 220 Baht plus 60 Baht tolls. Traffic was at virtual standstill and had to cross Sukhumvit and start off in the wrong direction. Taxi driver knew his way around, if I had used AB3 bus, would have missed flight for sure.

I would NEVER recommend that anyone going to Pattaya from the airport go via Ekkami bus station, traffic can be terrible. Go to Morchit. Taxi to Morchit around 120 Baht ( get taxi at departure level (3rd floor) if you want to avoid 50 Baht airport surcharge and sometimes long wait). Morchit to pattaya same price as from Ekkami and much quicker.

Personally, after flying to Thailand, I cant be bothered with messing around and wouild rather pay for a taxi straight to my hotel. Usually 1200 Baht, but often can find someone to share if you want to keep down the price. Last time I used taxi, it cost 500 Baht total for me and gf for drop off at my hotel as tried to grab taxi at the same time as some Germans and driver was happy to take us all for a little extra as he had to do 3 drop offs. That can't be bad.

If you want to save money and this is not something that I have tried.Why not write a small placard, Something like " ANYBODY WANT TO SHARE TAXI TO PATTAYA?" and walk up and down the airplane b4 it lands. I would think that you would have a good chance of finding another 2 or 3 single travellers to share. Would then be similar cost to using buses and a lot more convenient.

hey. that's a good idea. that "ANYBODY WANT TO SHARE TAXI TO PATTAYA?" sign. you might also want to consider using "www.craigslist.com" to schedule a share with someone.

there is a craigslist in bangkok now. ..look for the "share rides" section in craigslist.

I used to use craigslist in the states all the time to travel up and the down the west coast. saved a lot of money.

/quote]

Baht bus to your hotel for 20 Baht??????java script:emoticon(':D')

From the Pattaya/Ekamai bus station:

The "Baht Bus" (pickup truck with seats in the back) is 20 baht to the beach area. The taxi truck leaves when it's full. It is one of the trucks closest to the bus drop off spot. A sign will verify that cost. These 20 baht "taxi trucks" just drop you off somewhere on the beach road or near it. If you know what you are doing you can reach Soi Buakhaw for another 10 baht by switching trucks.

Just like at the airport, and the Ekamai bus station, the taxi trucks waiting (stopped) on the road nearby will be more expensive than a taxi you stop passing by.

Another way to get to your hotel is by crossing the street and hail a taxi truck going toward the beach, cost is 10 baht for an "ordinary" ride. Flag the taxi truck down, then you get on the taxi truck, sit down and when you want it to stop you ring the buzzer/bell attached to the roof or side pillar. Pay the 10 baht when you leave. The taxi trucks drive a set route, when you need to change directions get off and switch to a different truck.

If you stop a truck taxi and ask the driver to take you to Soi Buakhaw it will be probably be 60 baht (Farang price) for a destination OFF his normal route.

I usually end up switching taxi trucks a couple times, my cost to Soi Buakhaw is usually 20 baht (if I am lucky) or normally 30 baht.

Or you can take a motorcycle taxi for 40 to 50 baht for most places on Soi Buakhaw, normal Farang price.

Have fun.java script:emoticon(':o')

Karazyal

I refer you to the original posting

Looking for the easy way there guys.

Dont want to take 3 buses, 2 trains, and one mule.

Anybody knows how?

Gate was looking for an easy way without constantly changing and you are recommending around 2 changes just from Pattaya North bus terminal. He would also have to know his way to the hotel and probably have to do some walking (with luggage?)

You also quote me as

Baht bus to your hotel for 20 Baht??????java script:emoticon(':o')

Last time I went to Pattaya, baht buses wanted 200 Baht to take me to Soi Bheakhow (South) and motorbike taxi 50 Baht per person

I was responding to the previous poster who had written that a Baht bus would take you to your HOTEL for 20 Baht. Unless your hotel is on his route, this is of course impossible.

Also, last time I arrived at the bus terminal, the usual sign that informs you about the 20 Baht ride to the beach road was not there and the 2 Baht buses that were there were only interested in chartering for 200 Baht. This is double what they used to charge. Much more expensive than a Bangkok taxi meter for the same distance You can get from Sukkhumvit to the airport for similar money.

Incidently the charges for the SongTaow (Baht Bus) have recently increased, so I'm not sure if 20 Baht will get you from North Pattaya to South Pattaya now. I find the charging system confusing now. Before it was 5 Baht for a short trip and no more than 10 Baht for any other (unless chartered)

That website it totally outdated. The current limo rates are HERE (1,500 baht to Bangkok city). The Domestic departure tax has been included in ticket price for some time now.

Yes Co jai...

Fortunately one of K.W mates usually picks us up and drop us off during our brief visits so would never resort to a Thai Air Limo (FF points i believe 5,000 :D )

anyway.

But whats the score on the Thai Air Mini Bus ...is that still chugging up and down to Patti.?

As said earlier on a previous jolly I had arrived back at Don M from Phnom Penh one evening about 5-30 and was meeting K./W in the Markland (pat Beach rd)and took the TG mini bus direct for 200 bt and was impressed.(about 6-30pm)

There was only about 5 of us in the thing and we got to their office in believe 3rd rd just after 8-00 pm......it was pretty good going.

Motodop to Hotel was about 40 bt ...but wot the heck...on hols. :D

Re :the Markland I had earlier done a web booking for one night for 1200bt but wifie negoted for another 3 nights on 3 rooms (friends with kids from Trat turned up) for 900 ..so as they say ...its good to talk....also..no problems on the 5 bt buses with that lot :D:D

java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

Incidently the charges for the SongTaow (Baht Bus) have recently increased, so I'm not sure if 20 Baht will get you from North Pattaya to South Pattaya now. I find the charging system confusing now. Before it was 5 Baht for a short trip and no more than 10 Baht for any other (unless chartered)

The prices for the taxi trucks could have gone up, after all gas prices have risen a lot. But the last time I used one of those trucks it was on May 30th this year. Thai two tier pricing - 10 baht for foreignors (Farangs) and the normal 5 baht for Thais, or other Asians who look Thai and don't get caught.

Some of the SongTaow taxi trucks that pass by the Pattaya bus station continue down to Beach Road (one way South), turn at Walking Street, continue on to Soi Buakhaw, and from there back to the bus station via Sukhumvit. Unless you speak adequate Thai it's hit or miss if the bus takes a left onto Beach Road or a right turn toward Big "C" shopping center.

I have stayed at the the Winnerinn Hotel (400 baht) on Soi Buakhaw, not far from Soi Honey Inn, a couple times. I also tried out a new hotel near the flea market, which is the Greenery Hotel (Green something anyway), it was okay for around 480 - 580 baht.

I prefer the Bay Breeze Hotel on Soi Honey Inn, their rates are 500 baht low season and 600 high season. (Note: If you stayed there a long time ago - they have a NEW elevator now that works great! They replaced the old, junky, broke down elevator so you don't have to "occasionally" walk to the 8th floor any more.)

<_<<_<:rolleyes:

3 months ago I arrived at Don Muang at 01:00 in the morning. I walked past all the "touts" wanting a fortune for transportation and haggled with a cab driver just outside of the arrival area. The fare ended up being 1,500 baht but at that time of the morning a trip to Pattaya at that price didn't seem too bad. Besides, he had a new Toyota taxi. Very comfortable and he brought me to my fiancee's doorstep.

I did try to get the fare down to 1,200 but he wouldn't go that low. By the way, the 1,500 included the express-way.

Hope this helps.

*****Avoid at all costs, the obnoxious, in your face, touts in the arrival lobby at the hotel. Smile and tell them you have a ride already and keep walking.******