Expat Wages - Software Bim Roles

Please help !

I am an Australian resident currently in negotiations with a software provider in Thailand for a Business Implementation Manager's role for accounting software solutions.

The contact was made through business associates and not a recruitment organization. It is difficult to access any comparable salaries through Google and the like, because they of late, do not place salary packages against these type of roles.

I know how sarcastic everyone can be, and am asking kindly. whether anyone may know of approximate salary ranges or where this type of information may be gleaned?

If you wish to go directly to my emal, please do

//edit send a Personal Message Not email please (OP a newbie)

Any assistance is graciously appreciated

Kindest Regards

Edited by mattnich

Please help !

I am an Australian resident currently in negotiations with a software provider in Thailand for a Business Implementation Manager's role for accounting software solutions.

The contact was made through business associates and not a recruitment organization. It is difficult to access any comparable salaries through Google and the like, because they of late, do not place salary packages against these type of roles.

I know how sarcastic everyone can be, and am asking kindly. whether anyone may know of approximate salary ranges or where this type of information may be gleaned?

If you wish to go directly to my emal, please do

//edit send a Personal Message Not email please (OP a newbie)

Any assistance is graciously appreciated

Kindest Regards

You may find it difficult to match a salary to an exact position however, if you check out the BOI website this may give some indication of what you may be looking at, on this list are various IT positions.

http://www.boi.go.th/english/how/labor_costs.asp

Edited by mattnich

Depends alot on the size of the company.If they are a small local outfit you might be lucky to push 50K a month. If they are a large multinational you'd get something more akin to a western salary/package, 500K + per month as well as the associated perks(apartment, car, travel expenses, schooling subsidy for kids, moving costs, insurance, visas/permits taken care of etc......). Sorry I cant be more exact, I dont know your skills/experience or the compnay you are targetting.

Depends alot on the size of the company.If they are a small local outfit you might be lucky to push 50K a month. If they are a large multinational you'd get something more akin to a western salary/package, 500K + per month as well as the associated perks(apartment, car, travel expenses, schooling subsidy for kids, moving costs, insurance, visas/permits taken care of etc......). Sorry I cant be more exact, I dont know your skills/experience or the compnay you are targetting.

Lets not build the boys hopes now. Although there is a difference between multinational companies and your more "local" outfits its nowhere near that much different ! :o

Lets not build the boys hopes now. Although there is a difference between multinational companies and your more "local" outfits its nowhere near that much different ! :o

I've been in IT in LOS for 12 years with a major MN. Many people get far more than the salary and package I just stated.

OK,

Got to give as little to get a little. I am loath to say too much because of poachers –the deal is not sealed!

The difficulty comes because it is not a multi national and I will be the only farang working there, so comparable wage determination is difficult..

The company is a Thai National organization growing at over 100% per year The company has over 250 clients evenly distribute between public and private sectors.

The company did about $1M net to the US with about $100m bath net in 2004. Growth expectations are to be a 1 Billion Baht company by 2010

I have Double degree finance and accounting, MBA in Electronic business, approximately 18 yrs commercial history - main skills are in all forms of reporting – P&L, Balance Sheet, Consolidations, Budgeting. I have worked for Unilever (6 yrs), Pharmacia (Phizer 6 yrs) to give an idea.

Thank you for you assistance so far, and I look forward to any additional help.

Thanks - Stefan

OK,

Got to give as little to get a little. I am loath to say too much because of poachers –the deal is not sealed!

The difficulty comes because it is not a multi national and I will be the only farang working there, so comparable wage determination is difficult..

The company is a Thai National organization growing at over 100% per year  The company has over 250 clients evenly distribute between public and private sectors.

The company did about $1M net to the US with about $100m bath net in 2004. Growth expectations are to be a 1 Billion Baht company by 2010

I have Double degree finance and accounting, MBA in Electronic business, approximately 18 yrs commercial history  - main skills are in all forms of reporting – P&L, Balance Sheet, Consolidations, Budgeting. I have worked for Unilever (6 yrs), Pharmacia (Phizer 6 yrs) to give an idea.

Thank you for you assistance so far, and I look forward to any additional help.

Thanks - Stefan

This is a pretty rough guide to something that might be a good starting point.Remuneration will obviously increase over time as confidence and loyalty grow on the back of successful results.

salary : 80-100K might be safe enough to keep yourself "priced in the market". Build in perfomance related remuneration increases/bonuses.

accomodation : assistance in finding a comfortable and conveniently located serviced apartment.You pay out of your salary.

domestic travel : at your expense (taxis are cheap).

international travel : Any business realted travel ,they pay.

immigration : appropriate visas and work permits completely taken care of, hassle free.

insurance : company health.

bank accounts : assistance with establishing local bank ac.

As an MD running a software firm for a multi-national, I'd have to agree with the numbers on here.

PWC, Arthur Anderson are paying local Financial Software consultants 100-120K per month.

As with all negotiations, let the other party suggest a number first - NEVER show your hand too early.

You may get lucky but I'd say you'd have to be exceptional to work for a local firm & be pulling in more than 200K/month.

To all,

Thank you

They are aware that I earn around $120-$150K AUD (as they have proof of my pay slips.)

Pedro - the reason they wish to hire a Farang is because of my direct fit with accounting and IT issues. Also, many of their westernised partners are not being correctly serviced both now and in the future. A Thai National for that particular reason cannot reasonably fill this position.

From your comments and a few web sites from Google my guess is maybe somewhere between $150-230 per month (if you consider intangibles). Obviously a fall from my AUD salary.

They have already asked me for my “benefit expectations” before the provision of any job decryptions or roles and responsibilities. Sounds typically Thai?

I am still open to other suggestions, web sites or comparable information.

I appreciate all the help so far

Kindest

Stefan