1St September National Cenus Day.

dindong

Given the amount of paperwork on every Thai person,

birth certificate, id card, household registration, driving licence, health card etc

I wonder why they feel the need to do a count?

Imigration should have all the numbers about the farangs

and any illegals are unlikely to be counted anyway.

Given the amount of paperwork on every Thai person,

birth certificate, id card, household registration, driving licence, health card etc

I wonder why they feel the need to do a count?

Imigration should have all the numbers about the farangs

and any illegals are unlikely to be counted anyway.

agreed, but what would all the enumerators and census people do..............grow rice?:lol:

so they are not directly forcing you to do a cencus, but giving you options on how to be invloved

How: There are four ways to give census information:

Face to face interview at home by over 70,000 enumerators under supervision of the National Statistical Office who will knock on your door;

Data entry via internet at http://popcensus.nso.go.th or www.nso.go.th (only available in cities or municipal areas);

Self-administered questionnaire;

Give telephone interview at 1111 press 6

and the questions

What Questions will be asked in the Population and Housing Census

The census questions will be asked about everyone living in the household regardless of:

Their legal status of living in Thailand;

Their ability to communicate in Thai language;

They are registered in the household where they currently live in or not.

Questions about the following details will be asked: age, sex, nationality, religion, education, speaking language, occupation, place of birth, marital status, number of children ever born, number of living & dead children, handicap status, migration, type and characteristics of household, registered in the living household or not, sanitation and water supplies, ownership of basic living appliances.

The population census data collection has nothing to do with tax or illegal status of residents living in Thailand.

so if i say i work, but pay no taxes at all, also i have been here 4 years with a 4 year overstay, they will say nothing lol

Do the Thais include chickens, dogs & cats as members of the family? In China they did a census and informed them there not to include the aforementioned animals as family members - pretty funny I thought.

Don't know about them, but maybe the buffalo might be included.

Face to face interview at home by over 70,000 enumerators under supervision of the National Statistical Office who will knock on your door;

70,000? I don't think I've got that many teacups for them all.

I've got a mental image of them turning up at my place, clocking me with a look of horror on their faces when I open the door and trying to push each other forward to be the one to speak to me with furtive whispers of " Farang, farang"

Edited by mca

They been in Bang Saray area already. Questionnaire was all the way down to how many dogs & cats you got. I guess it must be so they know how to appropriate the monies for upkeep (to make sure thee is enough in the coffers for all to pilfer from!)