Kingfisher Airlines London To Bangkok

roamer

Just flew this route. IMHO the bad outweighs the good. The Mumbai London sector not bad at all, Airbus A330, nice flight attendants, pretty good food though not always sure the air quality is improved by a couple of hundred folk eating curry. :rolleyes: AVOD, well if you like listening to music make sure you have an mp3 player or get ready to listen to the 3 somewhat obscure Euro CD,s. Films somewhat better but mainly old classics with a few later releases. Not a patch on Qatar with over 300 Cd's and tons of good movies. Still, that alone wouldn't be a big put-off for me. What will deter me flying this route again is the Bangkok- Mumbai sector. Its an A319 with pretty cramped narrow seating, I'm not the tallest bloke in the world but even so 4 hours or more with my knees against the seat in front is not my idea of fun. The Mumbai security checks are a repetitive nightmare. Tip, if you do decide to fly this route the Kingfisher rep that meets you in transit will give you labels to tie to your hand baggage before you go through security. Whatever you do make sure the label gets stamped. If not then when you try to board your flight they check it again, if no stamp you have to go all the way back again, get it stamped and return. Happened to at least 4 passengers on my flight. Second tip stay VERY close to the rep who meets the plane, he will take you off along a long corridor, turn a corner and sit down at a desk and then go through the rigmarole of checking boarding cards, crossing you off a list etc. Ok if your at the front but your in for a pretty long wait if your near the back of the queue.

It's a mystery to me how this airline got a 5* rating for its economy flights, it ain't bad but airlines like Qatar or Singapore are streets ahead. Tea served with creamer instead of milk was another oddity ! As I say, its manageable but unless it comes in exceptionally cheap and your watching your cash then there are certainly better options out there.

Very good information. I was not considering using them, but my son might have..? I once took, by accident, a Thai flight that was routed through Mumbai, and it was the most awful experience. The food was very dubious, my fellow passengers were making the most disgusting noises all night, and even the strongest aftershave didn't help to clear the air..! I couldn't face the return trip, so I paid extra to change the routing..!

It's a mystery to me how this airline got a 5* rating for its economy flights, it ain't bad but airlines like Qatar or Singapore are streets ahead

but those flights can be double the price.... i thought for 450 Pound return, the airline was very good, far better then Thai Airways

I FLEW kingfisher via delhi to BKK. Firstly they have a very good safety record, planes are airbus and the engines have a lot of RR input. The crew in the cabin were poor even though the CEO claims to have hand picked them all. London to Delhi I had to ask for beer 3 times and a wine 3 times before they arrived, I was given an immigration form to fill in even though I informed the girl I was going to BKK do I need to fill this in, you can imagine the problems at immigration and I was not alone, inian immigration were good and got someone from the airline to come and sort it out, but from kingfisher. Food was either chicken or vegetarian and of course indian, I was now on KingCurry airways, so I lived with it on the Dalhi to Bkk leg breakfast was appalling, a mini crossant and well that it, hardly 5 star. Entertainment, well the best I can say is no comment I had no sound. I have to return with them next year but they are not 5 star and would not be my preference next time:angry: Price was good but did have 15 hours in Delhi rip off airport