Sauna Help

bobjowl

Newbie question so bear with me guys. I'm in my early 40s and living in Chiang May, and despite my advanced years I've only recently started, er, doing gay stuff. Fear and marriage delayed my initiation if you want to know, which you don't. Anyway, I'd really like to visit a gay sauna for the experience but I'm a bit intimidated and not sure what to expect or how to behave. Are saunas mainly for buff young guys who'd make me feel out of place? Are there sweaty bodies fornicating openly all over the place, or is everything discreetly behind closed doors? Are there any differences between the different saunas in Chiang Mai? Should I go with a friend the first time? Sorry for the nooby questions, but If someone could take a moment to give me a few guidelines, I'd appreciate it.

The House of Male is a mix of younger and older guys. Mostly younger Thais, but as a middle-aged farang you will be welcome. There is no sex out in the open. Thais are shy. There are small rooms with doors you can go in if you meet someone, and there is a dark room where the shyness seems to melt away quickly as people feel their way around. You can order food from a nearby restaurant, have a beer, watch videos, swim in the outdoor pool, steam in the steam room, or just wander around the beautiful old Thai house until you strike up a conversation. There are lockers to put your clothes, then you wear a towel like a sarong. They have big towels for bigger guys. You may want to bring a bathing suit and flip flops. The biggest danger of going alone for your first time is that you may not meet someone to talk to. If you don't mind that, just go and relax, and maybe have a great time. If you look like a newbie, one of the regulars will probably chat you up and show you around.

The House of Male is a mix of younger and older guys. Mostly younger Thais, but as a middle-aged farang you will be welcome. There is no sex out in the open. Thais are shy. There are small rooms with doors you can go in if you meet someone, and there is a dark room where the shyness seems to melt away quickly as people feel their way around. You can order food from a nearby restaurant, have a beer, watch videos, swim in the outdoor pool, steam in the steam room, or just wander around the beautiful old Thai house until you strike up a conversation. There are lockers to put your clothes, then you wear a towel like a sarong. They have big towels for bigger guys. You may want to bring a bathing suit and flip flops. The biggest danger of going alone for your first time is that you may not meet someone to talk to. If you don't mind that, just go and relax, and maybe have a great time. If you look like a newbie, one of the regulars will probably chat you up and show you around.

Thanks peridot for the quick and detailed reply. That's pretty much everything I wanted to know. I'll pop down in the next few days. Ta!