Cute Behavior At First........

BngkkB

If she has the appearance of the girl in sample 1 shown below, then I would find her peculiar little mannerisms, cute and adorable.

If she more resembles the girl in sample photo 2, I would be seeking the advice of a good divorce lawyer on the grounds of mental cruelty.

Re: Photo 2

In a pinch, I wouldn't mind sitting on THAT santa's lap.

Thakkar! Not sure but think you should have posted your comment in another recent topic that was posted in TV broaching the subject of slipping standards. Cruel, no doubt but if faced with spending a night, in a bar with just this “santa’s little helper” I would have to don the beer goggles…..fast, and pray she’s not the chatty type, I’m sure she’s good to her mum!

Is the first picture a woman?

That's what I was wondering but I was afraid it may be his wife.

LOL! I had to take a second look and I'm not sure... It was just a pretty lame post to begin with. But I guess I can only put a negative mark on two post per 24 hours for some reason...wink.gif

• Like 1

If she has the appearance of the girl in sample 1 shown below, then I would find her peculiar little mannerisms, cute and adorable.

If she more resembles the girl in sample photo 2, I would be seeking the advice of a good divorce lawyer on the grounds of mental cruelty.

NO.

I take photo 2.

erm.... Her voice?

Something tells me, I would never tire of buying every beer you could drink if it produced more comments like that. :D

The truth may not set you free, but if it makes your beer free... Well, winner! ;)

In the beginning, when I went upcountry with my wife (when she still was my gf/fiance) it was like circus was in town, and I was the circus freak (or clown if you like).

The oldest and youngest generations came to look at me, since some of them had never been out of the willage before and seen a westerner (only on television).

I found it kind funny then.

They wanted me to say a few words in Thai.

Again, it was funny.

Im sure many of the members whom have been here for many years, can relate.

These days, when the same still happens (not the same scale), I find it not too amusing anymore.

The eating thing drives me mad!!!

We will eat a massive banquet with my Gf and her family, head down the road straight after to her aunts house- where guess what piles of food are being consumed. My GF gets right in and starts eating again, then I get all the confused looks at to why i'm not eating. It's as if I am being rude by not consuming a weeks worth of food each day.

I always laugh in a restaurant, I let her order the food and never have a clue what to expect. It's always crazy- who for a quick lunch needs 5 main courses oh well TiT

erm.... Her voice?

Something tells me, I would never tire of buying every beer you could drink if it produced more comments like that. :D

The truth may not set you free, but if it makes your beer free... Well, winner! ;)

A kindred spirit!

and yea, sadly that is the truth. Her voice is kinda unbearable when she starts to yell. Well actually my dog does that too but I got it one of those edible plastic bones. Now I'm constantly looking for something suitable to erm... ..hmmmm.. .....

Edited by Peterbigeyes

I am fairly impatient when it comes to shopping, I like to get done as quick as I can. So I empathize with what for me would be an extremely frustrating situation. My wife is pretty good, when she shops for something the requires more thought, she doesn't mind that I disappear and meet her later somewhere.

Any good shops has a bar within walking distance IMHO

I can relate; going shopping with my wife is an ordeal. If I try to hurry her she gets really upset, says fine lets go then, stops shopping and is mad at me for ages (and we dont buy what we need.

I like to know what we are buying; get it and get out.

For this reason I try to avoid shopping with my wife whenever possible.

Ah funny, yesterday we were shopping and stopped at the fruit section when we saw pre-packed grapes.

She carefully examined 7 different packs, re-evaluating some she already evaluated, not deciding.

So I picked 1 pack and put it in our cart. Which she then took out to replace by an other pack :unsure:

What's really strange and not so cute was during dinner:

She prepared a shrimp salad. I saw shrimp, onions, tomatoes, small red peppers,all swimming in some juice.

Thus I asked "Is that juice sour?"

Reply: "You can't ask if the juice is sour, You can say aroi or not aroi, that's it"

That baffled me. Later I said "aroi" but it ruined our dinner, she talked more around that salad argumentative about ingredients.

Later that night she told me "It's Buddha day to day, we are often bitchy on Buddha day"

Ever heard that one? :blink:

check for blood in her britches m8

As far as shopping goes, unless it's a big shopping trip, I usually just go online and transfer some money to her account and send her off to the ATM and the local markets with a small list of things I need.

Send her off .......

This couldn't be a more stereotypical statement. Unbelievable.

Send her off .......

This couldn't be a more stereotypical statement. Unbelievable.

And you have a problem with that? Don't you know how to use the rely button either? Why bother even posting if that's all you have to say... Do you need to see your post count go up?

• Like 1

Well,...mine:

Thai girls who like to knock on your appartment door and then hide around the corner...whats with that?..:blink:

Strangest thing is the last 3 girls ive met have all done this :blink::blink:

funny though, when you walk out in the corridor draped in a towel, they rarely ever do it a second time :lol:

ok: first, i am a woman but i hate shopping of any sort. i am a 'mission' shopper i.e. i have a list, i go , i buy, and i leave. however, for food, i have taught my (thai) husband how to comaparison shop. and yes, it takes twice as long. 2 for the price of one but different amounts involved; economic size not really cheaper; different cuts of meat per kilo but on sale.... he has learned.

for regular shopping, i can relate. my girlfriends all examine every stitch, colour, size, spot, crack etc. and guess what? they are israeli/american. not thai. so not a thai trait.

however, a possibly thai trait could b ethe food thing. when going camping with thais (all country thai btw)here, its not a simple sandwich and fruit and some chicken wings bbq; nor is it the israeli shnitzel and soup on the gas stove with lots of salads and cakes. no. its the entire kitchen worth of sauces, pra raa, noodles, flours, meats, veggies and mostly, kilos of peppers, the wok, the bbq grid, wood for a wood fire, and fishing supplies. every time we go camping/hiking, hubby complains about how difficult and cumbersone it is he'd rather stay at home. but he is the one, along with his cronies, that simply cnnot keep it simple. my friends think its cute and sweet. drives me batty already.

bina

israel

Nope, but my wife dresses in white and prays all day (8am - 5pm) every Buddha day, not allowed to touch her and she won't use the phone.

I did think that was irritating BUT realised I have a complete day to go out and do anything I like without any questions or complaints.

I rather enjoy Buddha days now!

Interesting, all day every Buddha day? My better half goes to the Wat all in white in the mornings on every Buddha day and then chants and does her thing at home to our Buddha at home in the afternoon, but only the bigger Buddha days we cannot be intimate. I had a slightly snippy tone yesterday (Buddha Day) and I was told that wasn't good...

As far as shopping goes, unless it's a big shopping trip, I usually just go online and transfer some money to her account and send her off to the ATM and the local markets with a small list of things I need. On the big shopping trips I get most things we need for the household, then go off on my own and we call when we're done. We get along very well still going on two years. But it did take me several years to find someone who puts up with me and it has changed my attitude towards most things and people here and the USA where I was born. I still get a bit annoyed at some things Thai, but I get annoyed at some things farang as well. We get comments from people I have known here for years, that we are very happy together and they wish they were. Quite a change from 6 years ago when I first came here...

Send her off .......

This couldn't be a more stereotypical statement. Unbelievable

I think it would be better if you would quote me fully, instead of using a snipped comment taken out of context. To me that is a rather cheap and annoying shot by you. But it would seem you can't think of anything to say on your own here and have to take cheap shots at other posters. No wonder you are the one who calls yourself "loser1." laugh.gifjerk.gif

• Like 1

Well,...mine:

Thai girls who like to knock on your appartment door and then hide around the corner...whats with that?..:blink:

Strangest thing is the last 3 girls ive met have all done this :blink::blink:

funny though, when you walk out in the corridor draped in a towel, they rarely ever do it a second time :lol:

You must be neighbour that all the kids in the neighbourhood have dreamed about.

:lol:

Actually just the opposite, she is very intelligent. But what I have noticed while watching her is that other Ladies will watch her for bit then ask for he opinion on which item they should purchase? As she is deciding on the purchase for herself she is not holding up anyone else from making their purchases?????? The store owners don't mind as it seems that people will walk past an empty store but stop and look in one with customers. As this is the worse thing about her, I find it a very small price to pay have a lovely careing wife. Besides I am sure that there are things that I do that annoy her.

But the question was "How has your opinion changed toward things since your arrival in Thailand?"

My wife does the exact same thing. I can't stand it. Every time we go to the supermarket I am done is 10 minutes and she takes 20 minutes for three items. I just accept it now. I am sure that she could add 50 pages of the things that I do. :whistling: