Ear, Nose, Throat Physician

Dr Nok, same complex of shops as Lucky cow, near Macro exit ramp. His wife, I haven't been to her, in Nathon, Dr Ning. If you are driving through Nathon, on your left, before you turn right to go back to Sanphet & the waterside.

Dr Ning is the one to go to. Being going to her for years.

She has two offices. One as stated in Nathon but she also has one in Lamai.

Nathon Mon - Fri 0800-1530 Sat 0800-1200

Lamai Mon-Fri 1600-1730 Sat 1430-1730

As you drive out of Lamai towards Hin Ta Hin Yai, her office is on the right with her name in big letters across the front. She is on vacation at the moment but should be back soon.

Her office numbers are 077 421 405 Nathon and 077 920 260 Lamai

Thanks Samui Res. Have been to see Dr. Nok already, now let's wait and see if his medication is going to work over the next couple of days. He knows what to charge! Feels like I got the Farang surcharge.

Thanks Samui Res. Have been to see Dr. Nok already, now let's wait and see if his medication is going to work over the next couple of days. He knows what to charge! Feels like I got the Farang surcharge.

Dr.Ning also "charges like a wounded bull" but i found her to be very good,very thorough,and a problem solver.Went to her clinic in Lamai.

The trick is - that is if your ailment is more than just a one-off (like getting your ears washed/vacuumed out) - to have your treatment (300B for ear gloop) and then decline the regiment of tablets that come with it (2,000B). Just check the tabs out with your happy local pharmacy and then next time buy the cheapy Thai equivalent for 99B!

R

• 2 weeks later...
Dr Ning is the one to go to.

She is on vacation at the moment but should be back soon.

Either Dr Ning is still on vacation, or her office Ph Nr has changed.

Anyone here know how she can be contacted?

Dr Ning is the one to go to.

She is on vacation at the moment but should be back soon.

Either Dr Ning is still on vacation, or her office Ph Nr has changed.

Anyone here know how she can be contacted?

Drove past her Lamai office yesterday and the shutters were up for the first time in a while so presume she must be back now.

I have some kind of allergy - nasal, ears... Dr. Ning is a good call. They have branch clinic in Chaweng as well, just right before makro if you drive from Tesco Lotus. Believe me you will be in *ell as soon as you hear the Dr. tells you what you should not eat !!!

I have to say, that i went to the Lady in Nathon whilst i was having the problem and she could.t diagnose anything,,but still seemed to cost me 1500thb, then went to the one next to Makro,,not knowing it was her husband,,and when i said i had been to the one in Nathon who didn't get it,,,he seemed totally disinterested!!!!! all seems to have cleared up on it's own though!!

• 1 month later...

Dr Nok, I go there too, seems to know what he's talking about, and he has a great sense of humor, a bundle of laughs. :huh::D

Dr Ning has just had a baby so I guess that's the reason she has been away.

If it's the same guy that used to be opposite the vets, and next door to the Chaweng Post Office before he moved, I wasn't at all impressed. I needed my ear syringing and I really felt that there was a high risk that he was going to damage my eardrum.

Since then I have gone to the Bangkok Samui Hospital and it is usually around 1000 to 2000 Baht per session; depending on pills/drops.

Dr Nok, I go there too, seems to know what he's talking about, and he has a great sense of humor, a bundle of laughs. :huh::D

If it's the same guy that used to be opposite the vets, and next door to the Chaweng Post Office before he moved, I wasn't at all impressed. I needed my ear syringing and I really felt that there was a high risk that he was going to damage my eardrum.

Since then I have gone to the Bangkok Samui Hospital and it is usually around 1000 to 2000 Baht per session; depending on pills/drops.

Not sure if same Doc? My G/F cleans my ears, so never had the need to try his ear cleaning ability, and BSH overcharge, my ear cleaning was free. :lol:

Not sure if same Doc? My G/F cleans my ears, so never had the need to try his ear cleaning ability, and BSH overcharge, my ear cleaning was free. :lol:

Free from the G/F?? One way or another you will have paid! :whistling:

can anyone verify that dr ning's office still exists in nathon? drove past this area today and couldnt find any clinics or even signs of a clinic on the tesco side leading up to the turnaround.

She is or just had a baby, story somewhere in above posts.Her husband, has the clinic next to makro, Lucky Cow.

Just received a message FYI:

I saw Dr Ning today in Lamai (her clinic is 200mafter the sharp left bend @Wat Lamai heading towards Naton on the right. Look for “Dr NING CLINIC” in big pink letters).

Contact details: +66 77 920260 / +66 814942886 / [email protected]

Opening hours: 0800-1530 Mon / Fri, Sat 0800-12.

can anyone verify that dr ning's office still exists in nathon? drove past this area today and couldnt find any clinics or even signs of a clinic on the tesco side leading up to the turnaround.

Ring and ask them, maybe they moved

She has closed the Nathon practice for about three months until her new baby is older. She is just using the Lamai surgery next to her house for the time being.

Ring and ask them, maybe they moved

She has closed the Nathon practice for about three months until her new baby is older. She is just using the Lamai surgery next to her house for the time being.

thanks for that. lamai is a bit far and i've heard of a dr in maenam that is recommended and speaks english to boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to get to Dr Ning's clinic at Lamai yesterday. Called prior to make sure Dr Ning was open on the day, and was also told ear-cleaning would be 300 Baht unless there were complications.

Final bill: 1000 Baht.

When questioned about this suspiciously round number for a simple ear-cleaning, Dr Ning broke the bill down into the following items:

1) 350 Bht - ear-cleaning

2) 150 Bht - ear-cleaning drops

3) 450 Bht - doctor's consultation (i.e. took blood pressure reading)

4) 50 Bht - originally though bad maths, but turned out item #2 was really 200 Bht in retrospect.

My advice:

As with all local transactions, it always pays to first obtain a firm quote, and then remind the other party about the price agreement again just prior to goods/service delivery.

On a good note for the day, it seems that Visa extensions have come down in price dramatically. ;)

Bad: The Haad Rin Queen operator canceled without any warning the last (6:30pm) major boat trip to Koh Pha-Ngan, due to "big wind and waves". The replacement speedboat trip to Haad Rin turned out to be quite smooth, so I guess that we were lucky the "big wind and waves" stopped just in time for us. <_<

• 10 months later...

Dr Ning is now ONLY in Lamai, on the main road going south having closed the clinic in Nathon.

New place not far from Tesco heading south before the veterinary clinic - Dr Wirath is purporting to be an ENT clinic among other things. Sadly even more pricey than Ning though.........