House Prices On Samui

If people don't know they exist, don't understand all the options, make an emotional purchase in short time scales (holiday for example), he will get his price or near to. I mean to say, it's not as though there's a Rightmove or Find A Property database on Samui that people can go to, prospective buyers know what they know which in the case of Samui/Phuket is very little.

well anyone that wants to pay 8 mill for a patch of grass in not brilliant location on an island that is not that desireable to live anymore is a fool then again they say there is i born every minute.

maybe im poor but i dont know any ferang who has 8 mill spare cash here or england to spend on patch of grass that is not in his name,so that leaves it open only to investors for 8 mill i could buy a place in england rent it out for 5 years and sell at nice profit.

i would lay money this land still for sale this time next year

would be interested to see what would happen if you turned up with 4 mill cash though ,would still be overpriced in my book :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people don't know they exist, don't understand all the options, make an emotional purchase in short time scales (holiday for example), he will get his price or near to. I mean to say, it's not as though there's a Rightmove or Find A Property database on Samui that people can go to, prospective buyers know what they know which in the case of Samui/Phuket is very little.

rightmove advertise hundreds of properties on Koh Samui

I rang the people up asking how much and it went up to 10 million but he would put the 3 old aircon units back in for that price :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: So 3 old, battered aircon units a bargain at 1.5 million You couldn't make it up :D

• Like 2

There is a house down the Ghost Road for sale at 5.5 mil and has been since at least late 2004, 2 beds and toilets and quite nice build, kitchen and furniture with 800sqm land..why is is still for sale???..so 8 mil out in the jungle somewhere hardly represents good value. Is there actually a Thai market in Samui and if so what and where are they purchasing?.Long gone are the days of Johnny Foreigner with shedloads of cheap orrowed cash gone, so who would want to purchase this???.....And when it comes to agents, I had them value one of mine last year and he said 9.5 mil because it was near the beach and location, I knew that was way overpriced and sold privatly to a Thai at a shade short of 7 mil without any problems...although that was Cha am and not Samui. I could imagine it still being on the agents books now at 9.5 mil as it just wasnt worth that.

I rang the people up asking how much and it went up to 10 million but he would put the 3 old aircon units back in for that price :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: So 3 old, battered aircon units a bargain at 1.5 million You couldn't make it up :D

Classic:lol: :lol: :lol:

rightmove advertise hundreds of properties on Koh Samui

I'm just not going to go there Boater, I'm simply not!

There is a house down the Ghost Road for sale at 5.5 mil and has been since at least late 2004, 2 beds and toilets and quite nice build, kitchen and furniture with 800sqm land..why is is still for sale???..so 8 mil out in the jungle somewhere hardly represents good value. Is there actually a Thai market in Samui and if so what and where are they purchasing?.Long gone are the days of Johnny Foreigner with shedloads of cheap orrowed cash gone, so who would want to purchase this???.....And when it comes to agents, I had them value one of mine last year and he said 9.5 mil because it was near the beach and location, I knew that was way overpriced and sold privatly to a Thai at a shade short of 7 mil without any problems...although that was Cha am and not Samui. I could imagine it still being on the agents books now at 9.5 mil as it just wasnt worth that.

Well i think i know that anwser.

Here in Lamai, there is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house for sale since over well a year. Got the 3 phase electricity, invested tons of cash to get it to eurpean standards EVEN DRINKABLE TAPWATER.

The house goes for 7,5million (house cost was over 12 to get it all DONE). Chanode title the works..

It is of my parents in a divorce blabla you can find it in the classifieds...

Thing is ppl here i noticed find it to expensive because the can find houses for 3,4 million baht. True the market sucks ASS at the moment. There is so many choices and why the hel_l would you invest a 7,5 million in a house. While you can buy or even build a brand new one on a nice parcel of land.

Thing is Samui, is build up to the NECK full now, land wont be eternally available here on the island. Specially not for the lowprices as it is now, i mean on mainland you buy what? 13rai for perhaps half million baht here its allready pretty expensive.

You get what you pay for. I think the best wayto go for houseowners, setup a simple website en RENT it out. This way you have some cash in the pocket every month, with the option open to sell it offcourse at the estates/friends./the works.

The screwed up thing is here, ITS THAILAND the all want a piece of that cake ($$).

My point is ppl that complain and find houses overpriced here please go back to whatever cave you came from. I know and im full aware of the fact MANY ARE INDEED WAY OVERDONE in price. But ppl forget its a ASKING price the can ALWAYS talk it over to get a better price.

I dont need a huge house here, i more outside then inside. But some ppl preffer to sit there in there wonderfull villa to witch a house gets a hel_l of allot more importance all of sudden.

I think still ppl complain to much about prices, unless you really OWN a house here on samui i think most owners will agree on that. Then you actually know what kind of costs it HAS been to get that house to its current status (given fact not all are worth a look)

I know a guy here that rents houses for like 30 years or so and uses them a bungalows. He rents a nice villa for say 50k bath per month he rents it out to farangs for like 50k a WEEK or even few days. I mean there many ways if you make time for it to get some cash back for your cash until a buyer comes.

Just put in the effort to do so ...

Its just my opinion on things, im sure some will hate it so be it wont sleep less over it.

Well i think i know that anwser.

Here in Lamai, there is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house for sale since over well a year. Got the 3 phase electricity, invested tons of cash to get it to eurpean standards EVEN DRINKABLE TAPWATER.

The house goes for 7,5million (house cost was over 12 to get it all DONE). Chanode title the works..

It is of my parents in a divorce blabla you can find it in the classifieds...

Thing is ppl here i noticed find it to expensive because the can find houses for 3,4 million baht. True the market sucks ASS at the moment. There is so many choices and why the hel_l would you invest a 7,5 million in a house. While you can buy or even build a brand new one on a nice parcel of land.

Thing is Samui, is build up to the NECK full now, land wont be eternally available here on the island. Specially not for the lowprices as it is now, i mean on mainland you buy what? 13rai for perhaps half million baht here its allready pretty expensive.

You get what you pay for. I think the best wayto go for houseowners, setup a simple website en RENT it out. This way you have some cash in the pocket every month, with the option open to sell it offcourse at the estates/friends./the works.

The screwed up thing is here, ITS THAILAND the all want a piece of that cake ($$).

My point is ppl that complain and find houses overpriced here please go back to whatever cave you came from. I know and im full aware of the fact MANY ARE INDEED WAY OVERDONE in price. But ppl forget its a ASKING price the can ALWAYS talk it over to get a better price.

I dont need a huge house here, i more outside then inside. But some ppl preffer to sit there in there wonderfull villa to witch a house gets a hel_l of allot more importance all of sudden.

I think still ppl complain to much about prices, unless you really OWN a house here on samui i think most owners will agree on that. Then you actually know what kind of costs it HAS been to get that house to its current status (given fact not all are worth a look)

I know a guy here that rents houses for like 30 years or so and uses them a bungalows. He rents a nice villa for say 50k bath per month he rents it out to farangs for like 50k a WEEK or even few days. I mean there many ways if you make time for it to get some cash back for your cash until a buyer comes.

Just put in the effort to do so ...

Its just my opinion on things, im sure some will hate it so be it wont sleep less over it.

Are you a real estsate agent you sure sound like one......................

No how about someone who just lives here for many years and just has a good functioning brain. That you cannot handle that, or properly rent from a thai that not my beef mate. End of this needless insult...

relax michel1980 it was a joke 555 no offence meant

Most of the house prices in Samui are crazy, a basic build house and owner is looking at a few million (partly due to say a few hundred quid worth of furniture), the owners are of coursing renting these properties in the eternal space in between.

I see in bars house pics/advertisments for again crazy prices, of course the nuts have offered 10-20% to the bar owners if they stumble across mr. stupid, I still think the bars are retarded for displaying such <deleted>. To buy in Samui doesnt make sense, building on the other hand,if you can acquire the land cheap (from a falang that had big plans but didnt develop or a thai that wants to shift it) could be feasible..

Chatting to folk that are selling houses is quite comical, their logical in reality is flawed, but in their heads it is nailed solid. Reality is they have to sell at more than they bought to avoid the sense of stupidity, its like a multi-level-marketing scam (they believe it, sell it onwards) only this is not on the internet..

Edited by mattcodes

Houseprices in Samui are overoverinflated . If you look inside Thailand , there is plenty of rai to find for 10 to 15k bht a rai ( and yes not far from the living world , with elec ) . Houses can be build for less then 200 k , and a house like that on Samui prices is probably around 500 to 650k to build ( might by 100k lower but difficult to say from the picture ). So it is all about the land . i'd say , anaything more then 2.5 m is a joke and not evenworth looking but is it really for sale . I know you said so , but you know , everything is for sale , if offered enough money , Probably this is what many Thai owners do , nobody lives in it so you think it is for sale and if you ask , well they are very willing for the right price :whistling:.

Don't get my posting wrong. I'm not complaining about the high prices I just find it amusing. Especially the Thai selling to Thai. We are always told they just try to have the Farang over. ;)

The Thais think it is funny, but most farangs find it highly offensive. One rai of coconut view in Lipa Noi would probably appraise at 100K (but sell for around 1M) and the house probably cost (Thai hiring Thai) around 1M to build, but nobody considers appraisals here. Hang any price you want on a house -- it's just a matter of how long you wish to wait to find a buyer.

It's the same with building a house here. As one Thai builder said, "Why should we build a house for 4M and have you sell it for 8M, so it will cost you 8M to build." I just took bids to build a 4x8m pool at my house and one guy quoted 6.5M. When I told him I could buy a house and pool for less than that, he quickly said ok 3M. Am I the only one here who has a problem hiring people that appear to be escaped criminals?

No how about someone who just lives here for many years and just has a good functioning brain. That you cannot handle that, or properly rent from a thai that not my beef mate. End of this needless insult...

relax michel1980 it was a joke 555 no offence meant

I amazed you understood what he was talking about :lol:

I got somebody in to give me a quote to replace just under 10 m2 plaster board ceiling. He came had a look then called later to give me the price 3,500 baht. very good says I till he tells me that is per metre <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by H2oDunc

I just took bids to build a 4x8m pool at my house and one guy quoted 6.5M. When I told him I could buy a house and pool for less than that, he quickly said ok 3M. Am I the only one here who has a problem hiring people that appear to be escaped criminals?

:lol:

That's really funny.

I think a lack in education and proper education in counting/calculating is the cause of these absurd price differences.

Next to that it was probably a case of discussion with family and/or friends the night before, consuming a bottle of Mekong whisky at the same time and telling them he was going to build a swimming pool for a Farang and asked them "how much shall I ask Khun White Guy?".

When the bottle was finished they concluded: "Baht 6.5 million" and all went to sleep.

I think I'm not far off the truth.

:rolleyes:

LaoPo

Don't get my posting wrong. I'm not complaining about the high prices I just find it amusing. Especially the Thai selling to Thai. We are always told they just try to have the Farang over. ;)

Oh it aint just that way it works..PLENTY Farang trying (and succeeding in some cases!!) to do Farang over in all sorts of situations, aint there!!!!!!:angry:

It's the same with building a house here. As one Thai builder said, "Why should we build a house for 4M and have you sell it for 8M, so it will cost you 8M to build." I just took bids to build a 4x8m pool at my house and one guy quoted 6.5M. When I told him I could buy a house and pool for less than that, he quickly said ok 3M. Am I the only one here who has a problem hiring people that appear to be escaped criminals?

4 by 8 meter pool , let's think ... anything more then 800k is way too much . Strongest concrete waterproof would not be over 2000baht /m3 . Rebar , i think 12mm deformed will do the job at around 200 baht for 10m , but maybe you want even stronger at 16mm ( that is very big !! ) which will set you back around 350b/10m . A decend pump and filter unit ... let's say 60k together . You can start counting and hiring people yourself . It would surprise me if you went over 500k .

I got somebody in to give me a quote to replace just under 10 m2 plaster board ceiling. He came had a look then called later to give me the price 3,500 baht. very good says I till he tells me that is per metre <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha ... Do it yourself and go to the shop and buy plasterboard . I think they are less then 200b for 1 ( they are 1.2 by 2.4)

House prices in samui peaked about 5 years ago, but people that can make money from land or property will always say that everytrhing is prosperous because they are waiting for the next mug to arrive, similar to the no news is good news Thai government,

4 million????????

maybe they not need the money and don't care if they sale or not. though if someone offered them a very good deal then they would probably accept though if they can be picky about the buy. i reckon that they are not desperate and do not want any headaches with the sale because if they sale to a thai then there is not fuss of company transfering.

so go on then how much. i reck 10 mill

By comparison, There is a new cluster of homes on the market in Chengtalay, Phuket for 1.9M bht. 2 bdrm on 1/4 Rai with security gate, close to shopping, airport, most beautiful beaches in Thailand, roads much better than Samui, and lower shopping prices all around.

Why would anyone want to live on Samui?

By comparison, There is a new cluster of homes on the market in Chengtalay, Phuket for 1.9M bht. 2 bdrm on 1/4 Rai with security gate, close to shopping, airport, most beautiful beaches in Thailand, roads much better than Samui, and lower shopping prices all around.

Why would you want to post on the Samui thread?

Oh, that right, free advertising. ;)

The rainy season on Samui is only two months. B)

mmmm, Sounds like a Phuket real estate agent?? :rolleyes:

:angry: Because Phuket locals are the pits ! Check migration history from the West.