Marrying A Thai Woman

thaimate

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the UK no one looks at us twice, which I like because we are not anything special and can

live our lifes without all the <deleted> you get in Thailand.

In Wales at the moment but want to move back to my manor in London where people do not

give a fuc_k where you are from or what you are up to................. I miss that.

So there are no <deleted> in London ?

Yes, Thai women tend to look younger than their western counter-part and as such look younger than us if we are the same age. Luckily my GF is older than me... :P

I think when the Thai women get older (over 40) they can look older than their Western counterparts.

As has been stated above since it is a matter of plain observation that most Farangs married to Thai women started their relationship with a financial transaction, then people will make that assumption on the basis of probability.

A farang married to a Thai has two options on this:

Dismiss the opinions of others

Don't introduce your Thai wife here on ThaiVisa

The latter is advisable anyway, but particularly so if you can't bring yourself to manage the former.

As for what Thais thnk - Keep in mind that they on the one hand can see traits of behaviour in other Thais that we Farangs are blind to - They read other Thais like an open book. So they might be making an observation that the Farang who's been with his partner for years has never been able to make.

They might also be a tad green with envy - Especially if a number of trinkets and designer handbags etc have been affixed to disguise the what they can plainly see.

• Like 2

'dmax' timestamp='1282854490' post='3841681']

99% of the girls in northern ireland married to farnags are x bar / gogo girls ...fact !! is uk / usa/ or europe any different ? i doubt it !!

So according to your generalised manner of thinking , only 1% of females in the countries you mention are not whores of one kind or another , so by this same thinking , do you think that is why so many males girate to Thailand , because the ladies are more beautifull in general , albeit , still whores ?

As for what Thais thnk - Keep in mind that they on the one hand can see traits of behaviour in other Thais that we Farangs are blind to - They read other Thais like an open book. So they might be making an observation that the Farang who's been with his partner for years has never been able to make.

Get out of here. Thais can't read other Thais like an open book anymore than foreigners can read other foreigners like an open book. That's like saying all Thais think alike.

Depending upon the occasion, when asked in Thailand if I am married, I reply "No ... 3 Mia Noi's" and there is rarely a follow-up question.

from post #11 above:

Most farang and Thais assume that a farang's Thai wife is a bar girl because the probabilities are very high that she is, and the probability increases if she is attractive (and speaks good English)

... which is one reason to never hang-out with a Thai girl who speaks Englsih.

Edited by jazzbo

'raven0099' timestamp='1282852786' post='3841666']

'TAWP' timestamp='1282852318' post='3841662']

If you want to avoid people thinking you girl is 'vacation fun', don't dress like a tourist.

Too many expats here dress like they are on vacation or don't care much.

If you dress up, atleast they will think your lady is high-price girl instead of cheapest the street offered.

True story

To be honest when im there i wear what im comfortable in if thats t-shirt n shorts through the day then thats what i wear , if i go for a nite out a nice shirt and trousers , im not really worried what people think when they look at us in Thailand or the Uk , Basically im not changing for anyone if they dont like me as i am then too bad ! i dont care

To be quite honest , some TVers feel it is far better to give "The impression' of wealth/stature/success by clothing and where one dines with thier hi-so companion , gives them bragging rights also .

So according to your generalised manner of thinking , only 1% of females in the countries you mention are not whores of one kind or another , so by this same thinking , do you think that is why so many males girate to Thailand , because the ladies are more beautifull in general , albeit , still whores ?

Is a Chinese Thai hi-so, European Dame or American starlet still a whore because they all come in at only 0.00001%+ rating of the non whore job description? Tough standard! Chicks need to lift their effort.

Seriously why guys come to Thailand is a heap of reasons, with for fun and partners most probably at the top of the list. There is a surplus of Thai females going by the Thai cencus. Lots to pick from like being in the chocy shop ...eeny meeny mineey moo. Put in the time and effort for the right one and your life will be rewarded.

As for the original question I think Thailand is rated about right and that is also depending on the group type you are associating with. It is an adult fun place for sure, for guys and as sometimes forgetten, girls as well but there are lots of people that also move through Thailand who seek, see and get involved with lots more than just the bars and prostitues. I think association distorts perception as well. Best thing is don't care a pinkie about what others may think. Enjoy that Buddha has blessed your "wise" selection.

Edited by Roadman

In the UK no one looks at us twice, which I like because we are not anything special and can

live our lifes without all the <deleted> you get in Thailand.

In Wales at the moment but want to move back to my manor in London where people do not

give a fuc_k where you are from or what you are up to................. I miss that.

So there are no <deleted> in London ?

There's plenty of <deleted> in London, but you won't get a second glance from anyone. Everyone minds their own business. You could have two heads and no-one would care. You can live your life exactly how you want to, wear what you want, think what you want, marry/live with who you want.

I know what he means, whenever I leave London for other parts of the UK (which is as little as possible btw!) I miss that too.

One would have to be very naive if one did not come up with a statistic that at least 50% of marriageable Thai women have at some time or another in one way or another been involved in some way with the P4P business.

There have been various reports on major universities in Thailand that put the percent around the figure I have mentioned. If you look hard you can find them.

Very true, and for many of these university students, getting paid is as normal as western university girls having a one night stand. But because 50% do it doesn't excuse them.

Why do they need an excuse at all? They are not hurting anyone (who does not insist on falling in love with them). In fact, quite the contrary.

angeli.gif

Most farang and Thais assume that a farang's Thai wife is a bar girl because the probabilities are very high that she is, and the probability increases if she is attractive (and speaks good English). I expect that near 80% fall into that category (maybe more). You may not like it, but that is the reality, regardless of the happy couple's claims about how/where they met. We all use probability to evaluate people and their behaviour -- if you are an under 25 male you are assumed to be a reckless driver because most in that age category are (and their car insurance rates reflect it). Let people "assume" what they want (they will anyway), but you know the truth....

This is the simplest, most accurate explanation. No need to go any further with the assorted, psycho-babble as to why who thinks what and where. The only thing I would disagree with is the "attractive" comment. Sleazy does not equal attractive.

Certainly a large number of normal Thai women at some point in their life supplement their wages by the pay for play business.

I certainly do not agree with that. Like in the West, some girls will never cross the line to supplement their wages, because their value or their education or both...the ones who use the pay for play business are lazy to work 2 jobs, or they want to spend more money for an iphone and cannot adjust their lifestyle to a temporary bad situation, or whatever, they have decided to do it and like another guy said, you can take the girl out of the bar but never take the bar out of the girl. One day or another, if she needs money, there are good chances that she will go back there, even if she is married and have kids.

Sex is not the same in Thailand as in the west. They are bringing their own values to another culture and judging that culture by Western standards.

Do a large percent of Thai women who have Falang husbands also have Thai husbands? Of course they do and any Thai can attest to this. But it is not the same as having two husbands in London or NY. This is Thailand.

Again I disagree with that. I was thinking that before I live here permanently, but once here I realized that girls are watching the same kind of movies, and have a lot of values and culture in common with our Western girls. They want to meet a prince (farang) and are very romantic. Lot of funny Thai movies which are very successful in movie theaters right now demonstrates that it is something very strong in the young Thais culture.

The only big difference is that lot of girls have no education at all. Their only chance in life to make some money or to meet their prince is to go the bad way...because money = respect in Thailand, when you are a girl, pretty and with no education whatsoever, what choice do you have?

Do a large percent of Thai women who have Falang husbands also have Thai husbands? Of course they do
: you must have spent too much time on Soi 6 to say that. Many normal girls would not consider talking to you after you saying such a statement! That's maybe why you do not see this part of the reality.

however after saying that i know guys who have good marriages to bar girls ,but lots more who have bad ones.

Wasn't point in the first entry that guys who marry bar girls are just a myth and its a prejudice, whereby in reality they do marry women from good family or University graduates?

the myth is guys marry uni graduates and hi so type girls..............lol. exceptions duly noted!

what i see is farm girls and bargirls all over thailand attached to their lovely farang husbands.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A MISS THAILAND TYPE MARRIED TO A HONKY?

Certainly a large number of normal Thai women at some point in their life supplement their wages by the pay for play business.

I certainly do not agree with that. Like in the West, some girls will never cross the line to supplement their wages, because their value or their education or both...the ones who use the pay for play business are lazy to work 2 jobs, or they want to spend more money for an iphone and cannot adjust their lifestyle to a temporary bad situation, or whatever, they have decided to do it and like another guy said, you can take the girl out of the bar but never take the bar out of the girl. One day or another, if she needs money, there are good chances that she will go back there, even if she is married and have kids.

Sex is not the same in Thailand as in the west. They are bringing their own values to another culture and judging that culture by Western standards.

Do a large percent of Thai women who have Falang husbands also have Thai husbands? Of course they do and any Thai can attest to this. But it is not the same as having two husbands in London or NY. This is Thailand.

Again I disagree with that. I was thinking that before I live here permanently, but once here I realized that girls are watching the same kind of movies, and have a lot of values and culture in common with our Western girls. They want to meet a prince (farang) and are very romantic. Lot of funny Thai movies which are very successful in movie theaters right now demonstrates that it is something very strong in the young Thais culture.

The only big difference is that lot of girls have no education at all. Their only chance in life to make some money or to meet their prince is to go the bad way...because money = respect in Thailand, when you are a girl, pretty and with no education whatsoever, what choice do you have?

Do a large percent of Thai women who have Falang husbands also have Thai husbands? Of course they do
: you must have spent too much time on Soi 6 to say that. Many normal girls would not consider talking to you after you saying such a statement! That's maybe why you do not see this part of the reality.

BEING A BARGIRL IS HARD WORK PAL! VERY FEW CAN JUST SIT AND HAVE MONEY THROWN THEIR WAY. I SEEE GIRL AFTER GIRL, PRETTY ONES AND UGLY ONES, WHO JUST SIT AND SIT AND GET NO ACTION..

THE MISCONCEPTION IS THAT BARGIRLS HAVE IT EZ. IT IS MUCH EASIER TO WORK IN FACTORY FOR $5 a day.

however after saying that i know guys who have good marriages to bar girls ,but lots more who have bad ones.

Wasn't point in the first entry that guys who marry bar girls are just a myth and its a prejudice, whereby in reality they do marry women from good family or University graduates?

the myth is guys marry uni graduates and hi so type girls..............lol. exceptions duly noted!

what i see is farm girls and bargirls all over thailand attached to their lovely farang husbands.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A MISS THAILAND TYPE MARRIED TO A HONKY?

How was walking street last night? you and i my friend move in different circles.

so you sayiung guys marrying bargirls is the exception to the rule.................

we walk in very differnent circles sir. I LIVE IN REALITY!

No what i said is that you and i move in different circles,if you frequent bars and nothing else then all you will meet is hookers ,but if like myself and most of my friends have lived and worked in Thailand for many years you get to meet People who have nothing to do with the bar scene (which is only a small part of Thai life).

now i have nothing against the bar scene or men marrying bar girls ,as the Thai girls say "up to you" but my guess is that you know nothing else and have not or do not live here.

so you and your friends are the normal. the rest of the men who marry bragirls are the exception?

ps. i highly doubt the bargirl scence is a SMALL part of thai life, IT IS THAILIFE.................LOL. thsoe thai boys spend a hellava lot more on bargirls than white sex tourists do.

Edited by mrdeedee

I took my wife back to the UK and no-one thought she was a bar girl. At all times, I made her dress in an expensive ladies suit, Gucci shoes, and had her hair tied back, whilst sporting sexy secretarial style glasses.

I left her in a bar in London when I had to go out and do some business. When I came back 2 hrs later, i was told that she had won 24 games of pool on the trot, knocked back 15 free sambucas, and bottled the landlady for not letting her shoot any more ping pong balls from her hogs eye.

After 3 hrs in the UK, Our cover was blown.

Post of this thread. laugh.giflaugh.gif