Marrying A Thai Woman

thaimate

isnt thailand the NUMBER ONE party country on planet earth? what else do we need to know. i read in the paper where a columnist may have conceeded that the national news media is right. los is just golf and sex!

As i pointed out ,your a tourist,i suppose you dont need to know anything obout where we live except what you read in the tabloids and what you see out of the windows of your tour bus ,i am sure foreign tourists that go for a holiday in Blackpool think thats what Britain is like.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt thailand the NUMBER ONE party country on planet earth?

Yeah. Phak Prachatipat, Phak Bhum Jai Thai, Phak Pua Paendin, Phak Puea Thai, Phak Chart Thai Pattana etc. It's so hard to keep track sometimes.

oops i misspoke, im referring to bangkok.

i know the real thailand is where most of us never go where the najority of thai s live. the real thailand where the thais want to escape from!

to be honest though. im sure that wo the sex and partying im sure thailand is like any other country to live in. just noone would give a hoot about it.

Edited by mrdeedee

No ,the real Thailand is not in the centre of Pattaya or the sukhumvit road ect in Bkk ,its outside in Banglamung or phaya thai ,or ding den in Bkk ,parts where tourists dont go ,they just see old guys with young girls with short skirts holding hands and groping each other in the bar areas . These are not married men and their wives,these are tourists here for a "good" time , nothing wrong with it ,but it tends to give tourists the impression that all guys married to a Thai woman are the same

:jap:

Quote:

All have a sad story, and man you can have a lot of empathie for them, but they have crossed the line between good and evil and will never come back.

I have been out of the bar scene for a good twenty years at least now...but I was pretty active before that. I knew many "bar-girls" personally, as friends that I could talk to. Your belief that they have "crossed the line between good and evil and will never come back" is a generalization, and just not true.

Certainly there are some that I wouldn't have trusted for a second. There are some who were really forced into being a bargirl by there cicumstances or poverty. And there was/is every shade in between. Don't generalise. I've met bargirls who were litterly been kidnapped and sold into prostitution by their relatives...for money. I've met bargirls who saw their family slowly dying from lack of food and poverty...who made the concious deckision that they could become a bargirl and at least keep their family alive that way. I've met all the shades in between those two extremes.

I've seen the ones who were all strung out on drugs...a lot of them taking pep pills to get up and cheery when working...and then popping Valium to sleep at nights. They usually burn out pretty quickly..from the effects of the drugs.

And I've seen the one's with 3 children...all under 4 years old...whose Thai or Farang husband/boyfriend left them penniless with the children and no source of income. So they came to the bar...because they could always make money that way, if no other.

I figure 20 to 25 percent of the bargirl Farang match-ups work...at least for the first 5 years. After that, who knows. I know some that are stll together after 40 years.

When you consider that the divorce rate in the U.S. for "normal" couples is nearly 70 percent now, perhaps the Farang bargirl couples aren't doing so bad after all.

Just don't generalise.

:blink:

• Like 1

Many Farang only know Pattaya thu Walking Street, Beach Road at night, Soi 5-6 and Gogo, and these girls are very sweet speaking...red warning!

Never get emotionally involved with prostitutes. All have a sad story, and man you can have a lot of empathie for them, but they have crossed the line between good and evil and will never come back.

Good luck with your marriage. Thai women are sweet and loving, not like most arrogant Western girls. They are also very crazy at time which make the life more fun.

"They have crossed the line between good and evil and will never come back".............................The force is strong in this one

Marrying a Thai woman?

You marry a Thai woman for the same reasons as you marry any woman.

Why should it be different?

Indeed. If you marry a woman a particular ethnicity for reasons other than you would marry a woman of any other ethnicity, your marriage, by your own definition of marriage, would not be 'real'.

Many Farang only know Pattaya thu Walking Street, Beach Road at night, Soi 5-6 and Gogo, and these girls are very sweet speaking...red warning!

Never get emotionally involved with prostitutes. All have a sad story, and man you can have a lot of empathie for them, but they have crossed the line between good and evil and will never come back.

Good luck with your marriage. Thai women are sweet and loving, not like most arrogant Western girls. They are also very crazy at time which make the life more fun.

"They have crossed the line between good and evil and will never come back".............................The force is strong in this one

Sounds like some bible bashing nutcase. ;)

my girlfriend and her pal then came to pick me up so i finished my beer , paid up and said farewell. Just as the three of us were getting on the bike outside i said to my gf that man in bar thinks only lady bar go with falang man , she glanced over and said to me yes but who is want to go with that man are you crazy ? He old and fat ! , she then spoke to her pal who only speaks thai and they both started laughing , at big hermann as we departed !

I wonder what your "respectable" gf was thinking as she collected you from a ferang bar with bar girls sitting in it?

Why would you go in such a place?

I wonder what your gf and her friend were really laughing about?

So are you telling me that when me and my gf take a trip to a bigger city and if i decide to go for a beer , i have to look around for a bar with only thai people in it one thats not as you call it a ferang bar , or if i want a quick bite to eat i have to rule out all the street side bars etc with a comprehensive food menu thai and ferang and go look for somewhere only real thai people eat not ferang , the reason i went in such a place was because it was dammed hot and i wanted an ice cold beer do you really think im that sad a person i go around analysing every person or bar i come across thinking oh i cant go in there because there is a few ferang and potentially bar girls and that my gf would judge me for having a beer in a bar whilst waiting to be picked up , im sure if she had an issue with it she would tell me ! and im so paranoid that i would think my gf and her friend were laughing about something other than big hermann ! Im sure that would,nt go down to well if i started saying what you laughing at ? why you laughing is it me ?, who are you talking about ? you talking about me ? whats your friend saying she talking about me ? etc

Edited by raven0099

Sorry if I upset you Raven

It's just that white guys assume it's socially OK to go into a bar in Thailand with prostitutes working there and it isn't. You wouldn't really do that in your own country and respectable Thai men don't casually do it here.

As was explained to me by a previous gf

If anyone sees you in a bar where there are prostitutes, they will assume you use them.

If I meet you at ,or in, such a bar they will assume I am a prostitute (as I haven't stopped you going there and appear OK with it)

If my family hear of this I will be disgraced (lose face).

Part of the problems with people assuming we (white guys) are married to bar girls is because we are always hanging out in bars with prostitutes. Our bad reputation leads to assumptions about the girls we are with.

Please don't give me that "I just wanted a drink" line, almost every Thai general store I pass has a table outside and provides beer and glasses. Your gf will know which bars are OK, you don't have to even think about it.

You don't have to go into that sort of bar ..... ever.

I won't go into a bar that operates "bar fines"

Edited by sarahsbloke
  • Like 1

Responding to the OP - I've absolutely no idea.

Obviously most farangs never met their partner in a bar, which is why farangs automatically assume others partner came from a bar.

Many have found the loves of their lives from other jobs.... and they weren't looking for a farang man at all....:whistling:

They'd moved to a tourist area 'cos the 7/11 paid sooo much more than the 7/11 (or whatever) in the region they came from.

Edited by F1fanatic

It's just that white guys assume it's socially OK to go into a bar in Thailand with prostitutes working there and it isn't. You wouldn't really do that in your own country and respectable Thai men don't casually do it here.

If anyone sees you in a bar where there are prostitutes, they will assume you use them.

If I meet you at ,or in, such a bar they will assume I am a prostitute (as I haven't stopped you going there and appear OK with it)

Part of the problems with people assuming we (white guys) are married to bar girls is because we are always hanging out in bars with prostitutes. Our bad reputation leads to assumptions about the girls we are with.

Please don't give me that "I just wanted a drink" line, almost every Thai general store I pass has a table outside and provides beer and glasses. Your gf will know which bars are OK, you don't have to even think about it.

I dont think Raven was using any line , about just wanting a drink , did you expect him to call his girlfriend and say im in soi 6 what ever street , and there is a bar called such n such , can i have a beer here ? or do i have to walk along find a seven eleven with a table and get one there sit alone and not talk to anyone because they are potentially a prostitute or a lower member of society ! , the guy was hot , killing a bit of time and wanted a beer , they were on Holiday in Chang mai , whats the problem ? , why do you assume raven , spends all day hanging out in bars drinking with bar girls ?, i was on holiday in Thailand for my brothers wedding to a ferang girl , we went out one day 4 lads and the 4 girls went to the shopping centre , whilst we had a few cold ones , now we didnt go hunting for any particular bar to drink at we just found somewhere we could hang out shoot some pool and relax , whether the staff were bar girls or not we didnt care , we had a bit of fun and enjoyed ourselves , later the girls turned up from the shopping trip and joined us for a drink , they didnt care we were there either , and the staff were friendly towards them , what im saying is its up to the individual where they want to go and what they want to do ?

While she doesn't inquire as to what I do when I'm on my own, it wouldn't be OK with my wife if I were to sit at any kind of girl-for-rent bar regardless of the purity of my intentions. As for actually coming to pick me up at a place like that, not in this life. I once asked her to come meet me at a restaurant that was very close to a go-go bar and she insisted we meet on a different street.

Not every woman is so overparticular. Perhaps the OP's gf is more modern.

I dont think Raven was using any line , about just wanting a drink , did you expect him to call his girlfriend and say im in soi 6 what ever street , and there is a bar called such n such , can i have a beer here ? or do i have to walk along find a seven eleven with a table and get one there sit alone and not talk to anyone because they are potentially a prostitute or a lower member of society ! , the guy was hot , killing a bit of time and wanted a beer , they were on Holiday in Chang mai , whats the problem ? , why do you assume raven , spends all day hanging out in bars drinking with bar girls ?, i was on holiday in Thailand for my brothers wedding to a ferang girl , we went out one day 4 lads and the 4 girls went to the shopping centre , whilst we had a few cold ones , now we didnt go hunting for any particular bar to drink at we just found somewhere we could hang out shoot some pool and relax , whether the staff were bar girls or not we didnt care , we had a bit of fun and enjoyed ourselves , later the girls turned up from the shopping trip and joined us for a drink , they didnt care we were there either , and the staff were friendly towards them , what im saying is its up to the individual where they want to go and what they want to do ?

Some 'girls' that were not necessarily from a bar followed the farangs to the next bar....:lol:

I've no doubt you had a GREAT time, even when they then followed you for the shopping trip.

Of course the staff at any farang oriented resort are going to be friendly, a) they are looking for a farang themselves and B) they know it is their livelihood.

If you seriously think the hi-so Thais would be as friendly towards the women you associate with - you are SERIOUSLY deluded......

Could you please name any bar or club that has no prostitutes at all on the premises?

Could you please name any bar or club that has no prostitutes at all on the premises?

Never ever got propositioned at Farang Connection......

I meant in Bangkok, or otherwise someone might mentioning a small food-stall in Yala or something...

Point less subtle:

In every nightclub I have been to I have been able to spot freelancers, even in very up-scale and expensive places.

So if the rules is to avoid anyplace that has working girls in them, one can never go out ever again...

Hence, the assumption that raven did something wrong is not correct according to me.

It is very much different if he would have gone into a bar with overly stated bar girls.

No ,the real Thailand is not in the centre of Pattaya or the sukhumvit road ect in Bkk ,its outside in Banglamung or phaya thai ,or ding den in Bkk ,parts where tourists dont go ,they just see old guys with young girls with short skirts holding hands and groping each other in the bar areas . These are not married men and their wives,these are tourists here for a "good" time , nothing wrong with it ,but it tends to give tourists the impression that all guys married to a Thai woman are the same

i have seen the "YOUR"real thailand and believe me you can have it................no offense intended!

the naughty areas are part of the REAL thailand sir!

mr mate it would do you a lot of good to not think in all or nothing terms!

Edited by mrdeedee

Some 'girls' that were not necessarily from a bar followed the farangs to the next bar....:lol:

I've no doubt you had a GREAT time, even when they then followed you for the shopping trip.

Of course the staff at any farang oriented resort are going to be friendly, a) they are looking for a farang themselves and B) they know it is their livelihood.

If you seriously think the hi-so Thais would be as friendly towards the women you associate with - you are SERIOUSLY deluded......

The girls were farangs you muppet ! It was a wedding party bestmen bridesmaids and family , again you read whats written on the forum and make your own conclusions !

And in order to stay strait to the point of this thread, here is how a bargirl would have said it

ผมเรียนภาษาไทย ทำไมคุณทึกทักเอาว่าผมเป็นไอ้โง่..

Too long for Thai person to say, try

kit Chan ngo law

or

chan ngo kit yang nie

;) thanks yes much shorter...I did a word by word translation...that's why

Edited by nikkoid66

My ex-hubby INSISTED that his new g'f didn't come from a bar, until I pointed out that (at the time) he'd told me the masseuse he brought to our house, and he moved in with, used to work in a bar......

Amazingly, I found out that my ex-hubby was still telling everyone in England that his g'f was not a bar girl .....:lol:

He wasn't stupid enough to think anyone at home would have any time for a woman he'd met in a bar. But, no problem - just deny it...:rolleyes:

/../

The girls were farangs you muppet ! It was a wedding party bestmen bridesmaids and family , again you read whats written on the forum and make your own conclusions !

F1fanatic is known to hold a grump against Thai women and assume they are all working girls or bad people.

Right or wrong, it colors her posts.

Beer Garden (hum...) . No one ever asked money there. Girls are looking around for a nice guy... if you are not nice enough, maybe you have to pay?:bah:

/../

F1fanatic is known to hold a grump against Thai women and assume they are all working girls or bad people.

Right or wrong, it colors her posts.

If you can't summon up an argument against what someone has said, its always great to know you can just blacken the opposition..... The annoying thing is that I'm completely pissed (and maudlin over the death of my husband) - and this is the best you can come up with???

Why doesnt she go watch the grand prix if shes such a f1 fanatic ? Or maybe she prefers to spend all day trying to put people down on this forum ! No wonder shes not with her husband anymore !

OK agaIn - its hearwarming to see that the only argument you have against about what I posted is the above.....

Try to actually argue the points raised rather than me personally.....

Incidentally, you're quite right, my ex-husband had to go to England for medical treatment and gave ME power of attorney, not his Thai girlfriend of 2 years..... What does that tell you?

In your case obviously that I"m totally untrustworthy, unlike his g/f :lol: No wonder that he's no longer with me anymore (even though he made it obvious that despite everything.... he trusted me more)....

The REALLY annoying thing is that I was happy to settle down to the F1 coverage until TAWP posted his post - it REALLY annoyed me!

PLEASE, don't annoy me with stupid comments. I'm not in the mood and WILL be rude to 'denial' posts.....

Edited by F1fanatic