Marrying A Thai Woman

thaimate

I took my wife back to the UK and no-one thought she was a bar girl. At all times, I made her dress in an expensive ladies suit, Gucci shoes, and had her hair tied back, whilst sporting sexy secretarial style glasses.

I left her in a bar in London when I had to go out and do some business. When I came back 2 hrs later, i was told that she had won 24 games of pool on the trot, knocked back 15 free sambucas, and bottled the landlady for not letting her shoot any more ping pong balls from her hogs eye.

After 3 hrs in the UK, Our cover was blown.

:clap2:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my wife back to the UK and no-one thought she was a bar girl. At all times, I made her dress in an expensive ladies suit, Gucci shoes, and had her hair tied back, whilst sporting sexy secretarial style glasses.

I left her in a bar in London when I had to go out and do some business. When I came back 2 hrs later, i was told that she had won 24 games of pool on the trot, knocked back 15 free sambucas, and bottled the landlady for not letting her shoot any more ping pong balls from her hogs eye.

Post of this thread. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Beat me to it, :lol:

Thanks for the laugh, Longballlarry. :blink::lol:

I have no use for self righteous bigots of any race or ethnic group. I really don't care what people think. If bigoted Thais want to think the worse of their own women then there is nothing I can do about it. That is why the bar girls stick to themselves for friends. And, if they CHOOSE to work the bar scene they do so outside their own town... even though that town might actually have a hooker bar scene of its own.

As Mark45 pointed out there are as many female service staff working in Pattaya as there are women working as hookers. The girls working in the bars attract the tourists, but that provides hundreds of service jobs for the industry. And, that includes cafes, grocery and retail stores, building trades, hotel staff, schools for the families that work in the city, and everything else that it takes to run a city. It all relies on prostitution in some form or another.

so you sayiung guys marrying bargirls is the exception to the rule.................

we walk in very differnent circles sir. I LIVE IN REALITY!

No what i said is that you and i move in different circles,if you frequent bars and nothing else then all you will meet is hookers ,but if like myself and most of my friends have lived and worked in Thailand for many years you get to meet People who have nothing to do with the bar scene (which is only a small part of Thai life).

now i have nothing against the bar scene or men marrying bar girls ,as the Thai girls say "up to you" but my guess is that you know nothing else and have not or do not live here.

I would suggest there are different levels of experience. Stage one is bar girls. Stage two is clerks and farm girls. Stage three is good girls with degrees. Stage four bar girls.

In case you are wondering I live here. Got here the first time when Pattaya was still a fishing village.

As for what Thais thnk - Keep in mind that they on the one hand can see traits of behaviour in other Thais that we Farangs are blind to - They read other Thais like an open book. So they might be making an observation that the Farang who's been with his partner for years has never been able to make.

Get out of here. Thais can't read other Thais like an open book anymore than foreigners can read other foreigners like an open book. That's like saying all Thais think alike.

Just because you don't see the myriad of social communications the Thai people around you are sending and receiving does not mean that this is not going on.

Dress, deportment, manner of speach, manner of speaking to others and the way an individual responds to others, endless body language signals all communicate an individual's social standing. This is true in any society, especially so in a society as class concious as Thai society is.

so you sayiung guys marrying bargirls is the exception to the rule.................

No what i said is that you and i move in different circles,if you frequent bars and nothing else then all you will meet is hookers ,but if like myself and most of my friends have lived and worked in Thailand for many years you get to meet People who have nothing to do with the bar scene (which is only a small part of Thai life).

now i have nothing against the bar scene or men marrying bar girls ,as the Thai girls say "up to you" but my guess is that you know nothing else and have not or do not live here.

I would suggest there are different levels of experience. Stage one is bar girls. Stage two is clerks and farm girls. Stage three is good girls with degrees. Stage four bar girls.

In case you are wondering I live here. Got here the first time when Pattaya was still a fishing village.

If I may correct you slightly:-

Stage 1) Bar girls (whom you try to save from a life of naughtiness)

Stage 2) Clerks and farm girls (whom claim they never did it for money but are secretly supporting a Thai husband/bf)

Stage 3) Good girls with degrees (who worked in a bar while they paid their way through university)

Stage 4) Bar girls .......... at least you don't have to pretend and no longer have the urge to save them.

and just for you, Marky

Stage 5) Retired Bar girls (working as cleaners or hotel maids)

But back to the OP, you live in Pattaya and wonder why everyone assumes she was a bar girl ?????????

Edited by sarahsbloke

Stage 6) Fine girls with twentytwelve degrees in pretty much everything ranging from a PhD in Twaddle speak to an MBA in Leg-pulling. Everything in between is usually referred to as "whatever impressive master's degree you can come up with including Bollocksology, Nonsensology and Yeahrightology".

My experience tells me that if anyone claims their GF holds more than two degrees and feels inclined to brag about it on an internet forum; he is probably hanging out with someone with nothing but a master's degree in meat pole polishing.

Hahaha (or 5555) hillarious comment!!!

If I may correct you slightly:-

Stage 1) Bar girls (whom you try to save from a life of naughtiness)

Stage 2) Clerks and farm girls (whom claim they never did it for money but are secretly supporting a Thai husband/bf)

Stage 3) Good girls with degrees (who worked in a bar while they paid their way through university)

Stage 4) Bar girls .......... at least you don't have to pretend and no longer have the urge to save them.

and just for you, Marky

Stage 5) Retired Bar girls (working as cleaners or hotel maids)

But back to the OP, you live in Pattaya and wonder why everyone assumes she was a bar girl ?????????

Actually although i put Pattaya as where i live ,its not quite right ,we live well outside on the way to Sri Racha,but i live here as i do not want to be in BKK had enough of living in a city and ime not keen on down south or hua hin , so here is good for us good schools,hospitals and infastructure,and to the poster who said i dont know the nana ,well i had an office in soi 1 so yes i do ,but prefered The Thermae bar. :whistling:

see i did used to get around.

by thye way my wife has never been mistaken for a bar girl,anyway not to my knowledge.all our Thai neighbours who seem quite well off treat her respectfully. as do shop staff and other europeans.

Edited by thaimate

by thye way my wife has never been mistaken for a bar girl,anyway not to my knowledge.all our Thai neighbours who seem quite well off treat her respectfully. as do shop staff and other europeans.

Perhaps no one has come out and said it, but it's probably an assumption the neighbours make but don't judge her on it or don't care either way. If she behaves well people will respect her irrespective of her past. Do you think that all bargirls are treated with no respect?

Walk down a street in Pattaya and everyone will assume she was/is a bargirl.

Why concern yourself so much about what other people think anyway?

i suppose the ultimate question in response to the op is why would you give a shit about what some anonymous numpty on the internet thinks of your wife, be she whore or angel?

exactly! why do so many guys give so much credence to what other people think or don't think..how can some anonymous stranger know her nationality when overseas anyways...

..just maybe.... most guys, particularly those with overweight anemic wives or girlfriends will just look and think "lucky bastard" not giving a shit whether she has an MBA or pours(ed) beers..methinks

oh and just a thought ..wonder how many "family" vacation trips to Thailand have resulted in divorce and air ticket back..lol maybe another thread looming?

It's certainly fun watching the parade of family vacationers with the 'dad" stretching his neck muscles while the wifey looks at t-shirts for the kids... :D

look at it from a thai girls point of view.

you have 2 uni degrees and make $50,000 a year. why would you choose a sex tourist as a husband?

come on now, we all know the quality of men who choose to stay long time............the majority .are not the cream of the crop family man type.

I talk with Thai friends about what makes the difference between Bar girls and regular and how they can see the difference. And here a resume of the conversation.

- they speak slang and use special words that most Thai won't use like the word 'goo' to say me and some others words that sounds very bad language for 'regular' girls.

- shoes and clothes. Bar girls can walk very easily with some of the highest shoes, and also they wear very sexy but cheap clothes.

- walk, bar girls move their ass in a very sexy way when they walk.

- they kiss in public or put their hands on their farang ass. Usually Thai girls are shy in public.

- they always look at other men even when they eat with their boyfriend.

Now for Europeans, it is different. Thailand's reputation is very sticky and if you are with a young Thai girl everyone will think you are a pedophile, even if she is 18+, just because she looks really young... if you are with a very sexy girl, they will assume silently that you pay her for being with you... it is very hard to change the people mentality in the west. People assume that you should be with someone with your age and that looks the same as you. Pretty girls are with handsome men and young girls with young men in Europe.

I talk with Thai friends about what makes the difference between Bar girls and regular and how they can see the difference. And here a resume of the conversation.

- they speak slang and use special words that most Thai won't use like the word 'goo' to say me and some others words that sounds very bad language for 'regular' girls.

- shoes and clothes. Bar girls can walk very easily with some of the highest shoes, and also they wear very sexy but cheap clothes.

- they kiss in public or put their hands on their farang ass. Usually Thai girls are shy in public.

Now for Europeans, it is different. Thailand's reputation is very sticky and if you are with a young Thai girl everyone will think you are a pedophile, even if she is 18+, just because she looks really young... if you are with a very sexy girl, they will assume silently that you pay her for being with you... it is very hard to change the people mentality in the west. People assume that you should be with someone with your age and that looks the same as you. Pretty girls are with handsome men and young girls with young men in Europe.

Sorry, but just more rubbish

To really talk with Thai friends you have to learn Thai. When you are with your "Thai friends", who pays?

Bar girls are usually easy to spot cos they tell all the other Thai girls how much they earnt and are sort of proud of what they do/did.

Or you can look in their bathroom cabinet/ drugs drawer and see what medication they routinely take.

Your Thai friends will most likely be extremely racist, and look down on anyone who doesn't speak "Central Thai" as their first language.

Clothes, pretty much any Thai girl under 25 dresses like a bar girl these days.

Kissing in public, not a big problem for younger well educated Thai girls, but depends what level of public (not in the street, but night club OK)

dam_n that Paedo Rod Stewart ....... etc., etc.

To really talk with Thai friends you have to learn Thai. When you are with your "Thai friends", who pays?

ผมเรียนภาษาไทย ทำไมคุณทึกทักเอาว่าผมเป็นไอ้ทึ่ม..

"never just assume"

And in order to stay strait to the point of this thread, here is how a bargirl would have said it

ผมเรียนภาษาไทย ทำไมคุณทึกทักเอาว่าผมเป็นไอ้โง่..

:blink: (555555)

ผมเรียนภาษาไทย ทำไมคุณทึกทักเอาว่าผมเป็นไอ้ทึ่ม..

"never just assume"

And in order to stay strait to the point of this thread, here is how a bargirl would have said it

:blink: (555555)

Not all low class people are from Issan.

Not all people would assume a woman from Issan is a bar girl.

But I could be missing something. Perhaps a person who is more of a linguist should answer your question.

Sorry, but just more rubbish

Bar girls are usually easy to spot cos they tell all the other Thai girls how much they earnt and are sort of proud of what they do/did.

Or you can look in their bathroom cabinet/ drugs drawer and see what medication they routinely take.

Your Thai friends will most likely be extremely racist, and look down on anyone who doesn't speak "Central Thai" as their first language.

Clothes, pretty much any Thai girl under 25 dresses like a bar girl these days.

Kissing in public, not a big problem for younger well educated Thai girls, but depends what level of public (not in the street, but night club OK)

dam_n that Paedo Rod Stewart ....... etc., etc.

Outside of a small bottle of vaginal cleaner what kind of medications does a bar girl keep that normal Thai ladies don't keep? Don't normal Thai women keep a small plastic bottle of vaginal cleaner around most of the time?

look at it from a thai girls point of view.

you have 2 uni degrees and make $50,000 a year. why would you choose a sex tourist as a husband?

come on now, we all know the quality of men who choose to stay long time............the majority .are not the cream of the crop family man type.

Again a generalisation ,ok if you walk around the bar areas of Pattaya its unlikely that you will find a lot of university profesors or stock brokers,but go to one of the does at the Dusit or one of the many expat days where they are collecting for charity ,on the whole a different type of expat ,you just cant generalise(unless you are

1/ someone who only reads the tabloids

2/a tourist here

3/ a monger.

and yes i know quite a few bar hops ,but honestly i know far more well educated ,well off people who just live here quietly with their familys.

one other thing i personally dont give a lying fart if people think i married a bar girl,but the questionwas

why do so many people assume that if you marry a Thai woman she was a hooker? simple question.

Sorry person learning Thai ........ If I may go off topic for a second

I don't hear many ladies (of any sort) referring to themselves as "pom", they might say "chan" or their own name or imply who they were speaking about.

The insult "ai" is aimed at men, the insult "ee" is aimed at women, and I'm not convinced that either would be aimed at oneself.

"Kon ngo", "ferrang ngo", or prehaps "kee ngo" might be more suitable at the end of the sentence.

Is the percent of Thai girls married to farangs from Issan higher than 75%? Is the percent of farangs married to these girls a similar percent from the UK? seems like it reading this forum. are 90% of those 75% issan girls former bar girls? probably

Why would you need to change "the people mentality in the west" considering that most of the time what they think is true. Old men don't have sexy young girls 30 years younger unless there is a big financial commitment involved.

Are you in denial? Transplant any young sexy girl in Thailand to a Western country and see who she chooses for a partner. I'll bet it won't be a senior citizen.

I remember talking to a german guy in Chang Mai who was sitting next to a young girl at a bar , about thai women bar girls etc , who then told me that i should forget about ever pulling a real Thai girl , youve got no chance he said they never give us falangs a second look , he said trust me ive been here for 22 years and ive tried many times, i then told him i have gf and she isnt a bar girl , no way he said i dont believe it i have much experience it never happens, i then said think what you want but as long as im happy i dont care what you think, so i said to him but dont you think if you tried for someone nearer your own age you might have some success and you wont have to go with bar girls , no chance he said i dont like anything over 30 , and even for me thats quite old i prefer 18 to 21 less kilometers on the clock he then laughed and gulped down his beer and took a huge drag of his fowl smelling cigarette , mmmm i silently thought to myself but theres a slight difference between me and you youre 63 years old ! and the best part of 20 stone ! and im 30 and average weight , now ive nothing against fat people or old people , but what normal girl in thier right mind would be interested in this guy unless there was a financial incentive in it for them ? , Then the waitress or bar tender said your food ready now and handed over a large cooked breakfast , and the guy started munching his way threw it , sweat pouring down his face , poor little girl next to him looked bored to death and just sat there waiting for her next order from herr goering !, my girlfriend and her pal then came to pick me up so i finished my beer , paid up and said farewell. Just as the three of us were getting on the bike outside i said to my gf that man in bar thinks only lady bar go with falang man , she glanced over and said to me yes but who is want to go with that man are you crazy ? He old and fat ! , she then spoke to her pal who only speaks thai and they both started laughing , at big hermann as we departed !

Edited by raven0099

you are dreaming - Thai girls will still fuc_k you if the money is right whether in tthe bar scene or not

Too long for Thai person to say, try

kit Chan ngo law

or

chan ngo kit yang nie

my girlfriend and her pal then came to pick me up so i finished my beer , paid up and said farewell. Just as the three of us were getting on the bike outside i said to my gf that man in bar thinks only lady bar go with falang man , she glanced over and said to me yes but who is want to go with that man are you crazy ? He old and fat ! , she then spoke to her pal who only speaks thai and they both started laughing , at big hermann as we departed !

I wonder what your "respectable" gf was thinking as she collected you from a ferang bar with bar girls sitting in it?

Why would you go in such a place?

I wonder what your gf and her friend were really laughing about?

Why would you need to change "the people mentality in the west" considering that most of the time what they think is true. Old men don't have sexy young girls 30 years younger unless there is a big financial commitment involved.

Are you in denial? Transplant any young sexy girl in Thailand to a Western country and see who she chooses for a partner. I'll bet it won't be a senior citizen.

same thing goes double time for filipinias. ever look at one of their date sites? most looking for men over 50 and the girls are mostly 18-21. At least in Thailand a much larger percentage of girls that age are attending University

Edited by Hans Brix

THAIMATE

I dont think people come on here and think that everybody marries bar girls,i think some dont believe that all the members marry non issan,whitey,hi-so wannabees.

My long term gf worked in a hotel,but that seems lowlife here especialy since she is from Issan and got a mushroom cute beautiful nose and not lilly whie,refuses to cover her face in that michale jackson lookalike rubbish .In fact its probably the nasty Bangkok farangs that assume us Pattaya guys have hookers as gf.

anyone who thinks the barscene in thailand is is just a throwaway is just cluless.THAILAND IS JUST ONE BIG BAR! i bet all these hiso men married to hiso wimmin spend a whole lotta time in the barscene.

Reading replys like yours i notice its usually from guys who have made very few posts,holidaymakers one and all ,you know nothing about Thailand and it people.