Travel To Sisaket

nellyp

I need to get to Sisaket from Bangkok international. Any ideas of the best way. My missus dooesn't want to get a taxi and I don't like the buses. I would like to fly but think this may be a bit complicated because I don't really want to stay overnight in BKK. Could i hire a car in BKK and drive it to some where around Sisaket and have it picked up there (like you could with hertz etc) are flights available to the area with a short journey by bus or taxi. basically I am open to suggestions.

Cheers

I have hired a car a couple of times thru Fast Car Hire to drive to Siskaret and return to BKK. You can also catch the train to Surin -( i don't think the train goes to Siskaret because my gf lives this side of Siskaret and they always goe to Surin for the train.). The train is about 700 THB oneway .

I have hired a car a couple of times thru Fast Car Hire to drive to Siskaret and return to BKK. You can also catch the train to Surin -( i don't think the train goes to Siskaret because my gf lives this side of Siskaret and they always goe to Surin for the train.). The train is about 700 THB oneway .

Sorry you are wrong, there are trains going to Sisaket. (Normal,Rapid, Express, Sprinter ) Another option will be a flight to Ubon and then Taxi , Train or Bus to Sisaket. http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp

you can fly on Air Asia at 18:50 on monday at 2871.- tbt,return friday 20:25 for 1267.-TBT abut one hour flight plus a short bus ride to Sisaket.,and back to airport

Do you know f they do a one way fare and what airport does this go from? I fancy hiring a car but am only travelling one way so need a firm where I will not need to return it. Any ideas?

Thanks all for the replies, a great help

you can fly on Air Asia at 18:50 on monday at 2871.- tbt,return friday 20:25 for 1267.-TBT abut one hour flight plus a short bus ride to Sisaket.,and back to airport

Do you know f they do a one way fare and what airport does this go from? I fancy hiring a car but am only travelling one way so need a firm where I will not need to return it. Any ideas?

Thanks all for the replies, a great help

http://www.airasia.com have a morning and evening flight from Survabhumi

Thai Airways have a afternoon flight.

Map of Sisaket here have both the steakhouse and the stadium at H7

Sorry you are wrong, there are trains going to Sisaket. (Normal,Rapid, Express, Sprinter ) Another option will be a flight to Ubon and then Taxi , Train or Bus to Sisaket. http://www.railway.c...glish/index.asp

Surin just happens to be closer to her home than Sisaket.

• Like 1

I know you said you did not want to take a bus. But Nakonchai Air has a non stop that goes to SiSaket. It takes about 7 hours and has good seats with plenty of leg room. The only problem is that the bus is always full and you must buy your ticket well in advance.

I will second the Nakonchai Air recommendation. they have new buses, good leg room and are usually on time. It does make things much easier than trying to do a combination of transport modes.

T

T