Tiger Cub Found Hidden Among Toys In Suvarnabhumi Airport Luggage

webfact

How many animals died today just to supply you with food?

Well I doubt any of them were on the endangered species list.

Yes, but it is actually not the woman fault that the tiger is on such a list.

What makes the life of the unborn chicken i had for breakfast less worthy than that of a tiger who wouldn't think twice to have another animal from the endangered species list for his own breakfast? nor would a tiger think twice about if any cruelty is involved when he hunts down his food.

As the natural habitat of the tiger is mostly destroyed by humans, we humans would put him lifelong in a jail anyway.

i juar wonder what planet you just arrived from - as it sure was not this one - how can u compare a domestic bred animal used in human consumption to that of a native wild animal - dont see too many chicken hunting down their food or even pigs to that matter - i am some what bemused by your comparison to tigers and chickens or eggs for that matter - perhaps you could explain your thinking - sure the readers who love to get some more laughs -

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny that there's no picture or name of the woman in the article :whistling:

Indeed normally for this kind of high profile thing, the face and names are plastered everywhere.

It is a bit like 3 year old kids holding something up and saying "See Daddy, look what I did today", just to let people know that the police are actually doing something.

What makes the life of the unborn chicken i had for breakfast less worthy than that of a tiger who wouldn't think twice to have another animal from the endangered species list for his own breakfast? nor would a tiger think twice about if any cruelty is involved when he hunts down his food.

As the natural habitat of the tiger is mostly destroyed by humans, we humans would put him lifelong in a jail anyway.

i juar wonder what planet you just arrived from - as it sure was not this one - how can u compare a domestic bred animal used in human consumption to that of a native wild animal - dont see too many chicken hunting down their food or even pigs to that matter - i am some what bemused by your comparison to tigers and chickens or eggs for that matter - perhaps you could explain your thinking - sure the readers who love to get some more laughs -

She is one of the retards from the third world I talked about in my last post. Many of such people around, especially in third world countries. Heard them spouting these things all the time online and in my country! All the time..its as if they were born without brains or came from another planet.

I wonder if these people are just plain stupid, or they aren't intellectually retarded but maybe just did not go to school? Hmmmm

]

Droped out of school pretty early didnt you ?

Eggs you eat for breakfast are not unborn chicken... No need to explain all the biology behind that, just make a research on google.

Edit: Didnt see Danielle post she answered already

Take things to literally do we? Dropped out of school to early?  

Fact is we, humans, enslave and kill animals for our needs or jail them lifelong since generation to produce unfertilized eggs.  Isn't that cruel too?

The question is where is the difference? Makes it us humans to a better animal if we judge it is okay to kill this animal but morally wrong to kill that animal? An amoral tiger in its natural habitat wouldn't think twice about such an issue if there is the choice between a common chicken or an endangered rabbit for breakfast.

The load of rubbish and pseudo-intellectual philo garbage you spouted in the last two pages are already very often spouted by people who 1) do not love animals and 2) also happens to have no brains. For people with either 1) love for animals but no brains, or 2) with brains but no love for animals, they have no problems recognizing the crap.

There are a lot of disgusting low-class third world barbaric China freaks who continually fuel the demand for endangered species to smuggled into China as food and unproven traditional medicines.

The China freaks and the few western supporters of these China freaks' same old arguments against people who lash them at them (usually westerners), are invariably "are you a vegetarian yourself?" "why do you care or talk about conserving these almost extinct rhinos, tigers or leatherback turtles when you merrily eat chicken or pig?" "don't you westerners eat cow also?" stupid retarded things like this..in different version..the list goes on. Some of the more shameless among these retards even try to cloak their idiocy in a veil of pseudo existentialism arguments about suffering and what is the value of one life over another.

While hundreds of animal groups all over the west are desperately trying to save endangered animals, the China freaks and savages catch from the wild and murder endangered juvenile 2-3 year old hawksbill turtles in restaurants and wet markets.

The fact is that not all animal lovers claim to be vegetarians. Neither do we claim to be  Amish who don't use computers or electricity or claim we draw water from wells and don't drive cars or use any animal-by product in the house eg honey.

All we ask of fellow human beings is to understand the concept of preservation.

There is a reason certain animals are continually eaten and farmed on a large scale for the purpose of food and not others.

No one is taking away your "rights" to enjoy  animals of any kind in your typical 3rd world disgusting savage ways, in so far as you ensure the continual survival of the species for the future generations to enjoy and see.

I wonder if you could even understand the concept above. Because you are a retard who could not finish school.

Just keep up your dreams how bad chinese are and how you would like to punish that woman and call everybody who think different retarded. If that helps you to feel great - just do it. I give a s*ht.

Had this Person been a Farang I'm sure the penalty would have been more severe !

this almost encourages people to attempt smuggling endangered species as the consequences are not severe enough ,

If you don't think 4 years is severe enough, you need to think again, 30 days could be a life time, 4 years, one might die before then, from beating, doing, or a number of other things, that could and do happen, behind bars, yes the fine is small, if you have money, I'm sure she could have took this on for a number of reasons, starting with stupid, at least it was not killed and stuffed or skinned, It lived to see another day, hopefully not in a zoo, It might have been better off where it was going if that's the case.

Ok, it's cruel. But 4 years for letting an animal die. It's an animal, not a human.

Typical screwed-up Farang attitudes towards animals being as important as humans.

Pathetic!

What a strange response! huh.gif Why is that a Farang attitude? huh.gif

Buddhists value the lives of animals. Most Thais are Buddhists? Therefore Thais value the lives of animals. Not just Farang. Have you seen 7 Years in Tibet? They were rescuing worms in that.....

And it's not all about that one tiger cub. It's about all the other tiger cubs that people might just be put off trying to smuggle because they might end up in jail....

I'm not a veggie, just had a lovely bit of chicken for lunch. But this is not about a chicken bred especially to feed people, it's about an endangered species being shipped to another country and probably kept as a pet. As such, it would probably have its nails and teeth pulled out or ground down so that it can't hurt anybody.

I think she deserve the four years. She knew full well what she was doing. Drugging it and hiding it with soft toys!mad.gif

Edited by rugbyjacks

The bottom line is that when people cross the law the penalty in place should be high or severe enough to make people think about it and stop them from committing crimes. The maximum penalty of 1,300 US dollars (that will never be handed out) for a crime where this woman would have made a few thousand dollars if she wasn't caught won't stop her or others from doing it again.

I am pretty sure that if the fine would have been 10,000 dollars she would not have tried this. The fact that her name is withheld and she was out in 2 hours on bail makes me believe she had the "right" contacts...

btw, I don't have 'dreams' of punishing that woman. she' s just one person and the damage she's done to endangered animals (that we know of) is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what some people are doing and have been doing for centuries in that perverted country. I don't know any other country that openly slaughters endangered animals for food in broad daylight in restaurants and street markets. No other 3rd world country holds the same dubious 'honor', not even any of the African ones or Vietnam (the moon bear farms there no doubt).

No country is spared from any accusation, even first world ones, but everything comes in different ranks, grades, scales and magnitudes.

It's not a matter of black or white. It doesn't mean that you can say "As long as there's one single thing i can say about the US or UK or any other country which goes against animals", it means I get justifications for my barbaric crimes.

Edited by Rimmer
Racial rant against Chinese deleted

Buddhists value the lives of animals. Most Thais are Buddhists? Therefore Thais value the lives of animals. Not just Farang. Have you seen 7 Years in Tibet? They were rescuing worms in that.....

Is that "7 Years in Tibet?" a Thai movie?  Or at least a buddhist movie?

Would the people in that movie made a difference between chicken, tiger cubs and worms?

Contrary to popular belief, baggage compartments are pressurised and heated. Otherwise your luggage would arrive frozen and destroyed. Not to defend the acts of this woman of course. Not like it was a common domestic cat, but an endangered species. 40,000 dollars would be more appropriate as a deterrent for anyone considering to follow suit. She was probably being offered about same from someone in Iran.

Correct, the cargo hold is pressurized and is part of the airconditioning system outflow making it the same as in the passenger compartment.

When having airconditioning problems the cargo hold is disconnected from the airconditioning system and turns into the 40,000 feet environment on the outside of the cargo hold. Think about that when sending your dog or cat in a Pet Container for the cargo hold. Next step by the flight deck crew is requesting a lower flight level trying to protect whatever is in the cargo hold.

You see in your the seed of a rooster! If you buy eggs not on the market you wille never find seed of the rooster in there so there not will be chicken born out of it anyway.

You proberly also think the milk comes from the factory! I am sad to hear of the tiger it is not ok!

But to start in this topic about food and animals is not correct. I grew up on a farm. And yes we killed animals to eat but the animals where better aken care of then teh most people treat there dog!

Is that "7 Years in Tibet?" a Thai movie?  Or at least a buddhist movie?

Would the people in that movie made a difference between chicken, tiger cubs and worms?

The prison term is there - hopefully - to counterbalance the financial attractiveness of trafficking tiger cubs, so that the it is effectively a deterrent.

Then in relation to humans, I agree 4 years are high, especially if you compare with rape or unintentional homicide.

But again, I don't think the prison term was fixed considering moral values, it was put in place because the trade is so profitable.

And finally regarding "protecting endangered species":

These species are protected not because of bleeding heart treehuggers, but because each species represents an opportunity, a chance, a statistical probability for humanity to learn and profit from it, and at the same time a risk, even if it is very small, that the disappearance of that species causes a problem in our ecosystem that could be harmful to men.

Humans first.

Sadly biology is not a strong point here. Chickens "menstruate" and pass an egg about every few days, they are not fertile unless there is a cock around to fertilize it. Other females pass an egg somewhere around every 28 days, and they are also not fertile as well. Just an egg. It takes two to tango.  :ermm:

Sadly biology is not a strong point here. A chicken isn't a human female.

If you wouldn't take the eggs away from the chicken it wouldn't produce a new egg every day but stop to lay new eggs once the nest is full.

Edited by Hakuchi

Ok, it's cruel. But 4 years for letting an animal die. It's an animal, not a human.

Typical screwed-up Farang attitudes towards animals being as important as humans.

Pathetic!

I would say a pretty ignorant reply. Actually from a scientist standpoint, more important than humans. Very much enjoyed the 9-year sentence a man in alabama, usa got under an animal cruelty charge. Poured lighter fluid on the dog. Dog took the main witness stand last week in front of a packed courtroom (probably not his jailed man'srelatives) to watch the judges (3-0 vote) deny early release. Hope he serves all nine years and will be marked for life wherever he goes...

Accept reality...

CB

Sadly biology is not a strong point here. Chickens "menstruate" and pass an egg about every few days, they are not fertile unless there is a cock around to fertilize it. Other females pass an egg somewhere around every 28 days, and they are also not fertile as well. Just an egg. It takes two to tango. :ermm:

Sadly biology is not a strong point here. A chicken isn't a human female.

If you wouldn't take the eggs away from the chicken it wouldn't produce a new egg every day but stop to lay new eggs once the nest is full.

Reading through the thread, I would have thought that at some point, you'd realize that the grave is deep enough.

Hakuchi, and others.

Your ignorance is amazing - or are you just trying to wind up people who actually give a dam_n?

How on earth can you compare meat eating with the destruction of an endangered species? And before you ask, I am a vegetarian, so I guess that gets rid of one of your already specious arguments doesn't it? No doubt you'll find others... Did you walk on the lawn today - how many insects did you crush etc. Well known as an ascetic practice of course, but who would compare the intent behind the two acts? Probably only you!

You fail to grasp the relevance of endangered species. Do you want to live in a world where all the mega-fauna have been wiped out? Where our children can never again marvel at some of the most outstanding creations of nature, can never wake up in the mornings knowing that the natural ecosystem is thriving, and with that the support it offers them as humans is also thriving? You who value animals and nature as less than humans, repeatedly fail to see our place in the scheme of nature. We overcome it at our peril. Presumably you'll now start muttering about tigers attacking villagers, and the advantages of their habitat being used for food growing for humans, or similar (you see, I am familiar with the viewpoints of people I disagree with) - but, in looking only at the details, you miss the bigger picture.

Morons, those of you with such wrong view. I should feel sorry for you, but really... In opposing nature, you oppose the support it affords us as humans. That makes you less compassionate towards humans. And in denying other species space on this planet, you diminish it for all of us.

Well done to the authorities for finding the cub. And how frustrating it must have been to see the woman released on bail by their "superiors" (if that did in fact happen).

Hakuchi, and others.

Your ignorance is amazing - or are you just trying to wind up people who actually give a dam_n?

How on earth can you compare meat eating with the destruction of an endangered species? And before you ask, I am a vegetarian, so I guess that gets rid of one of your already specious arguments doesn't it? No doubt you'll find others... Did you walk on the lawn today - how many insects did you crush etc. Well known as an ascetic practice of course, but who would compare the intent behind the two acts? Probably only you!

You fail to grasp the relevance of endangered species. Do you want to live in a world where all the mega-fauna have been wiped out? Where our children can never again marvel at some of the most outstanding creations of nature, can never wake up in the mornings knowing that the natural ecosystem is thriving, and with that the support it offers them as humans is also thriving? You who value animals and nature as less than humans, repeatedly fail to see our place in the scheme of nature. We overcome it at our peril. Presumably you'll now start muttering about tigers attacking villagers, and the advantages of their habitat being used for food growing for humans, or similar (you see, I am familiar with the viewpoints of people I disagree with) - but, in looking only at the details, you miss the bigger picture.

Morons, those of you with such wrong view. I should feel sorry for you, but really... In opposing nature, you oppose the support it affords us as humans. That makes you less compassionate towards humans. And in denying other species space on this planet, you diminish it for all of us.

Well done to the authorities for finding the cub. And how frustrating it must have been to see the woman released on bail by their "superiors" (if that did in fact happen).

Again, that woman is not responsible for the sad fact that tigers are an endangered species. That doesn't mean that i don't give a dam_n. I am actually hinting the bigger picture you are talking about.

When isn´t it a joke over here???

four years in prison OR a 40,000-baht (1,280-dollar) fine. Something ridiculously stupid with the Thai fine rates.

The cub would have died in the -40C in the cargo hold, if not of asphyxiation. She deserve the 4 years IMO.

Or adjust the exchange rates to the dollar so that 40,000 represents the "value" of 4 years prison.

-40'C in the cargo hold..... You my friend are an idiot!!!!!

four years in prison OR a 40,000-baht (1,280-dollar) fine. Something ridiculously stupid with the Thai fine rates.

The cub would have died in the -40C in the cargo hold, if not of asphyxiation. She deserve the 4 years IMO.

Pathetic!

Excuse me! It is the THAI law. I don't think Frangs make Thai laws do they?

It is not cold in a cargo hold. The hold is presurised to the same presure and temperature as the cabin. How do you think dogs etc travel on aeroplanes? I am more interested in WHO sponsored this ladies visa. Who was this tigger destined for? I Suspect this woman is a "Mule" and she may not have even known the Tigger was in the bag. I would have thought even a Thai court will take into account this womans abillity to pay. If she is wealthy you can be dam_n sure the fine will be higher.

Pathetic!

Excuse me! It is the THAI law. I don't think Frangs make Thai laws do they?

And by the way, the 4 years are not for lettin the animal dye, but for smuggling it out of Thailand. The tiger dying would not serve the purpose at all. Another thought for you as a Human: animals can quite well live without us humans. Try to imagine life without animals... no elephants, buffalos, chickens, cows... would be a lot of hard work and a considerable change in your menu plan. Some humans effectively deserve to be put at the same level as animals.

possibly going as payment for the drugs coming this way.

Or to be used by a druglord as an accessory. These people have some very screwed up heads. I think if they squeeze this stupid woman hard enough, she is going to cough up a drug supply network from Iran.

"How many animals died today just to supply you with food?"

Since you asked, you must be interested. No offense intended.

So far today,

6 prawns

3 chickens according to you, 1 was living, 2 unfertilized eggs.

a pig

a cow

not sure what will die for dinner, maybe a duck, I love bet dang..

Also many plants died as well, I presume plants have feelings to and you talk to them as well .......

For the record, I appose eating pet puppies.

EDIT: 6 prawns under digestion.:rolleyes:

I presume this lady is a maul, this really is not much of a deterant.

Beware of those boneless chickens. They have been making people sick in the US. The suspected number of boneless chickens is about 300 million. Not to worry though. They are not being wasted. They are being used to make ice cream. OC :D

No, she should also be put in a suitcase and shipped off to Iran under the same conditions she was sending the cub......

She might get 'stoned' and I mean stoned for all the wrong reasons