Motorhomes

doppa

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Mobile Home concept in general is great for all us Farangs whom can never 'legally' own land in this country. As we have very little risk if we can simply move our lot elsewhere is problems existed where we were. I have often wondered why they are not marketed more to the Expat market. As we are in reality only limited to Condos- I do not wish to hear you can do company this\that, gf name, 30 yr lease, blaa, blaa. Fact is we cannot own land, So Mobile homes for those not into Condos is a very good idea.

Yes I know different to motor homes- but just making a broader point for the maketing of these homes or vehicles. I tell you that it is stupid that in Aussie they pay 100K Aussie dollars to retire in some park then another $500 pm. They could have so much more for far less IMO.

Grap a Mobile Home, motorhome or caravan then rent the spot you wish to live in.

In Aussie there are motor homes everywhere- why will retired wealthier Thai's not wish to travel around in a Luxury motorhome. It could catch on when these emerging economies have more middle and upper classes who want some adventure before passing onto the next world. Yet I agree very early days, as you will need a generator in one. As not easy to hook up in every town you pass.

I think it would be a wild and wacky adventure to tour in one all over SE Asia. Yet would want to have the unit fully fuctional and not reliant on electric and water from others.

Just keep in mind the fact that a motorhome, camper is a depreciating item like an automobile. Whereas a house or condo in generally not.

But I like the idea of both....solid fixed home and land [ if one can secure it ] and a motorhome for the periodic jaunts to wherever.

Gonzo

I think the Mobile Home concept in general is great for all us Farangs whom can never 'legally' own land in this country. As we have very little risk if we can simply move our lot elsewhere is problems existed where we were. I have often wondered why they are not marketed more to the Expat market. As we are in reality only limited to Condos- I do not wish to hear you can do company this\that, gf name, 30 yr lease, blaa, blaa. Fact is we cannot own land, So Mobile homes for those not into Condos is a very good idea.

Yes I know different to motor homes- but just making a broader point for the maketing of these homes or vehicles. I tell you that it is stupid that in Aussie they pay 100K Aussie dollars to retire in some park then another $500 pm. They could have so much more for far less IMO.

Grap a Mobile Home, motorhome or caravan then rent the spot you wish to live in.

In Aussie there are motor homes everywhere- why will retired wealthier Thai's not wish to travel around in a Luxury motorhome. It could catch on when these emerging economies have more middle and upper classes who want some adventure before passing onto the next world. Yet I agree very early days, as you will need a generator in one. As not easy to hook up in every town you pass.

I think it would be a wild and wacky adventure to tour in one all over SE Asia. Yet would want to have the unit fully fuctional and not reliant on electric and water from others.

Just keep in mind the fact that a motorhome, camper is a depreciating item like an automobile. Whereas a house or condo in generally not.

But I like the idea of both....solid fixed home and land [ if one can secure it ] and a motorhome for the periodic jaunts to wherever.

Gonzo

You are wrong about housing not depreciating in value. Their value depreciates, while the property they're on increases :)

I like the translation. $29,000 deposit.:blink:

Try 29,000 baht. Big difference.

In their ad it says, ""Guarantees of payment for the car and equipment U.S. $ 29,000 .- (will be refunded only when all leases with no equipment lost or damaged switch ) ."

Agree that properties do depreciate.......our land value has gone down by nearly 50%, as it is in an unmaintained development and some condos depreciate as well for the same reason.

And if I had it to do all over again, I would probably consider a motor home or trailer. Great to be flexible and live like a gypsy. The wife would be hard to convince and it would be a bit crowded with our 2 kids.

Has anyone come up with prices on that caryboy cab-over and/or the mobil home??

Getting back on topic, from the Carryboy PDF borchure it seems they make an actual caravan (trailer) as well. That would probably make more sense; the one that's based on the Toyota Vigo pickup would have the following disadvantages:

- It looks like it's a dedicated vehicle; not something you could take off again.

- It's the single-cab model Vigo, so very limited and somewhat uncomfortable driving position.

And then disadvantages to both caravans as well as the (baby)motorhome: When you use it outside or January in the North, you'll be running the engine all night to power the air conditioner.

There are many types of slide-on demountable motorhome units for pickups of all sizes,available in asia, but I wouldnt chance my luck driving one of the larger models in thailand, this unit cost 350,000 australian dollars 2nd hand , without the suv, it is totally self contained , with independant solar powered electricity with back up generator, slideout cells for living area and kitchen, it weighs a little over 11 tons , roads in thailand are just not made for this type of vehicle :jap:

post-11182-084277800 1283189491_thumb.jp

post-11182-060705500 1283189562_thumb.jp

post-11182-080919300 1283189615_thumb.jp

In their ad it says, ""Guarantees of payment for the car and equipment U.S. $ 29,000 .- (will be refunded only when all leases with no equipment lost or damaged switch ) ."

In their ad in Thai it says, "เงินค้ำประกันการใช้รถและอุปกรณ์ 29,000.- บาท (จะได้รับคืนเมื่อหมดสัญญาเช่า เท่านั้น โดยไม่มีอุปกรณ์ชำรุด เสียหาย สูญหาย หรือสับเปลี่ยน)", but let's not be pedantic. I prefer to read the Thai language when looking at ads and prices in Thailand.

In their ad in Thai it says, "เงินค้ำประกันการใช้รถและอุปกรณ์ 29,000.- บาท (จะได้รับคืนเมื่อหมดสัญญาเช่า เท่านั้น โดยไม่มีอุปกรณ์ชำรุด เสียหาย สูญหาย หรือสับเปลี่ยน)", but let's not be pedantic. I prefer to read the Thai language when looking at ads and prices in Thailand.

Like its stated google translated...

Rent one day per 2,790 .- Baht

Rent 7 days per 2,190 .- Baht

Rent 30 days per 1,490 .- Baht

Guarantees of payment for the car and equipment U.S. $ 29,000 .- (will be refunded only when all leases with no equipment lost or damaged switch ) .

Because products are limited so please book at least three months paid rent and guarantees of money for car Full three months in advance Tel . 086-3360080 or 089-9315577 or forum . Or by e-mail or MSN and the vrcarrent (at) hotmail (dot) com.:lol:

Guarantees of payment for the car and equipment U.S. $ 29,000 .- (will be refunded only when all leases with no equipment lost or damaged switch ) .

Because products are limited so please book at least three months paid rent and guarantees of money for car Full three months in advance Tel . 086-3360080 or 089-9315577 or forum . Or by e-mail or MSN and the vrcarrent (at) hotmail (dot) com.:lol:

Now I am being pedantic. Gotlost, you obviously don't read Thai and place a lot of trust in Google Translate. 29,000.- บาท is 29,000 baht, not dollars. Nowhere on this website is there any reference to dollars. GT got it wrong and you seem to think they don't get things wrong. :lol::lol:

• Like 1

Now I am being pedantic. Gotlost, you obviously don't read Thai and place a lot of trust in Google Translate. 29,000.- บาท is 29,000 baht, not dollars. Nowhere on this website is there any reference to dollars. GT got it wrong and you seem to think they don't get things wrong. :lol::lol:

All the time and makes for good banter.:lol:

All the time and makes for good banter.:lol:

:jerk: :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a coverted - looks new- Toyota i think it may be carry boy - anyway it is quite small in the standard of motorhomes - it is in the Toyota garage a little way passed the rim pling near the airport plaza - directly opposite the big electrical store.

As far as motorhomes go - there isnt much call for them here unfortunately - of course there is a lot of interest when they are shown in public and maybe someday they might catch on. There is no infrastucture as such for them - ie no parks with electric hook ups etc - which could be made quite easily

( ex motorhome owner, travelled thousands of miles around Europe - and enjoyed every minute)

Just out of curiosity, how many sites around the country--whether they be RV campgrounds, roadside rest areas, or Big C parking lots--are set up to deal with waste water, let alone electrical and fresh water connections?

I really doubt that the Thai gene would be too averse to dumping waste water just about anywhere. But even those who would be wanting to dispose of waste water, gray water, and refuse properly, I fear that the facilities would be almost non-existent, and in those places where they do exist, they would be poorly maintained, if history has any bearing.

Not that I know of.

I have never seen a motorhome in Thailand, but I reckon they would prove very popular if they were available

I don't think so..There is no infrastructure for them. The roads are narrow and in the raining season potholes everywhere. And if you do make it a final destination, where will you park/tie into? How RV parks have you seen?

It's tough enough driving a SUV out on the road and turning around in their parks as they are designed now. Unless they are going to be built here, Thais could not afford them

anyway. And for the wealthy Thais, you see Thai wealth driving a motorhome to a national park? They will fly if possible and then taken by Mercedes to their five star resort. This ain't Sweden or New Zealand...

Wealthy Thais could care less about seeing the little things of nature...They care more about staying in the most expensive env-damaging resort than the enjoyment of where they are..get in get out is their motto...

CB

Strange reaction, totally negative tone and makes no sense at all. Thailand is a great country for motorhomes, as you can park everywhere you want, people are always hospitable to let you stay at their property, you can get water everywhere and empty your waste bins. If potholes are dangerous depends on your driving skills, better stay home then.

Imagine parking near karaoke bars, picking up a girl for the night and the next day move on etc. I'd love to have a motorhome in Thailand !

Not that I know of.

I have never seen a motorhome in Thailand, but I reckon they would prove very popular if they were available

I don't think so..There is no infrastructure for them. The roads are narrow and in the raining season potholes everywhere. And if you do make it a final destination, where will you park/tie into? How RV parks have you seen?

It's tough enough driving a SUV out on the road and turning around in their parks as they are designed now. Unless they are going to be built here, Thais could not afford them

anyway. And for the wealthy Thais, you see Thai wealth driving a motorhome to a national park? They will fly if possible and then taken by Mercedes to their five star resort. This ain't Sweden or New Zealand...

Wealthy Thais could care less about seeing the little things of nature...They care more about staying in the most expensive env-damaging resort than the enjoyment of where they are..get in get out is their motto...

CB

Strange reaction, totally negative tone and makes no sense at all. Thailand is a great country for motorhomes, as you can park everywhere you want, people are always hospitable to let you stay at their property, you can get water everywhere and empty your waste bins. If potholes are dangerous depends on your driving skills, better stay home then.

Imagine parking near karaoke bars, picking up a girl for the night and the next day move on etc. I'd love to have a motorhome in Thailand !

The thought of spending night next to a karaoke sounds like a miserable night to me......take your karaoke girl off to the wilderness or park in the rice fields where it is quiet.

But, I agree that a motorhome here could be doable and fun.......to get as far away from karaokes as you can.

6 wheeled trucks and above are not allowed on Bangkok roads between something like 9am-5pm, every time you see a tour bus in Bangkok during these times they have a deal with the police.

Next time your in Bangkok notice there are no big wheeled trucks running during these times.

To say Thai roads are not built for big trucks is inaccurate, there are tour buses running all over the country. To say rich Thais do not like nature in general is a blanket statement. - The ones that do own them 'are' the rich ones, as its just a toy to them, and the cost is nothing but pocket lint to them.

I guess you guys haven't seen the Thai road tour with John Rattanavaro travelling Thailand in a mini RV.

Just out of curiosity, how many sites around the country--whether they be RV campgrounds, roadside rest areas, or Big C parking lots--are set up to deal with waste water, let alone electrical and fresh water connections?

I really doubt that the Thai gene would be too averse to dumping waste water just about anywhere. But even those who would be wanting to dispose of waste water, gray water, and refuse properly, I fear that the facilities would be almost non-existent, and in those places where they do exist, they would be poorly maintained, if history has any bearing.

provided you dump on a daily basis, there wouldn't be much waste to worry about, as its all fertilizer. Store up your crap for a month and things will get messy.

• 6 months later...

Not that I know of.

CB

Interesting point

You're being diplomatic aren't you? It's a completely narrow minded perspective that takes very few actual facts into account..Seriously how many massive tour buses maneuver on soi's you wouldn't think a tuk tuk could turn on. Motorhomes come in many sizes and there are many that would be very popular here as the locals and expats realize their benefits and convenience..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Not that I know of.

CB

Completely agree..