Bars This Saturday?

Chris78

Just wondered if anyone has any inside knowledge as to what will be open tonight with the election tomorrow. Ideally, I want to find a bar to watch the football in. Will anything be open, or will I have to find a restaurant to watch the game?

Yeah, there will be plenty of places open, showing football. Irish bars, sports bars etc. Far as I remember places like the Robin Hood were open and serving soft drinks during the last election dry-spell. (Not sure if you're in Bangkok or not though). Just walked past Molly Malone's in Silom as well and that was open and showing the games.

For a thai take on things I always use a play on the old US anti-drunk driving commercial tag line, "Friends don't let friends drive drunk.."

"Thais don't let thais VOTE drunk. .."

Now why foreigners should be penalized, seeing as the vast majority of them here ARENT thai citizens, and therefore cant vote, is beyond me. :huh:

FWIW: most of the small mom & pop type mini-marts seem to be doing a brisk business (with a wink and a nod attitude in regards to the letter of the law) :o where it pertains to sales of spirits, as are the local Yaa-dong (ยาดอง) sellers on the street. ;)

Edited by tod-daniels