River Raft Bungalow In Kanchanaburi

ttac

Lots of good information on things to do in and around Kanchanaburi. I stayed over for a couple days a few years back and stayed at one of the places on the River. Wasn't impressed.

Looking to come over for a few days next month and my wife would really like to stay on the river. Prefer to be in or at least fairly near to the town. Does anyone know of a place to stay that has higher end bungalows? Looking to spend between 1k and 2k if the quality meets expectations.

Cheers

ttac

We had a similar problem last year and after much research I found the best place ON the river, as opposed to being just BY the river, was the Boutique Raft Hotel. We were delighted with it when we stayed there and had an excellent time and it was wonderful lying in bed just looking at the river flowing past a couple of metres away. And this is looking out directly on the river, the rooms have wall to ceiling windows, unlike most raft hotels on the river who have a room wall blocking the view. Make sure you get a room on the raft on the river, not on the river bank in the main part of the hotel, which is not as good - or fun. :rolleyes:

If you book through a hotel booking web site such as Agoda you should be able to get a room at around the level of your budget, depending on when you want to go.

Unfortunately, the hotel is not actually in the town, it is near Saiyok, 30 minutes or so upstream. From my research, and talking to others, you won't find much actually in or near the town which is actually on the river and which is very good.

Lots to see and do in the Saiyok area, and just take one day to drive to town to see what you need to, one day in Kanchanaburi Town should be more than enough.

arthurriding,

Thanks for the information. This looks to be exactly what we were looking for. Had the wife call the place locally in hopes of getting a cheaper price, but they quoted her 3600 baht, so went with booking through Agoda. Doubt we'll miss much by not being in town.

Cheers,

Mike

We had a similar problem last year and after much research I found the best place ON the river, as opposed to being just BY the river, was the Boutique Raft Hotel. We were delighted with it when we stayed there and had an excellent time and it was wonderful lying in bed just looking at the river flowing past a couple of metres away. And this is looking out directly on the river, the rooms have wall to ceiling windows, unlike most raft hotels on the river who have a room wall blocking the view. Make sure you get a room on the raft on the river, not on the river bank in the main part of the hotel, which is not as good - or fun. :rolleyes:

If you book through a hotel booking web site such as Agoda you should be able to get a room at around the level of your budget, depending on when you want to go.

Unfortunately, the hotel is not actually in the town, it is near Saiyok, 30 minutes or so upstream. From my research, and talking to others, you won't find much actually in or near the town which is actually on the river and which is very good.

Lots to see and do in the Saiyok area, and just take one day to drive to town to see what you need to, one day in Kanchanaburi Town should be more than enough.