The Old Motorola 'Bricks' In Mbk

HuaHinFool

Hi all. I seen a few stalls at MBK selling the old Motorola Brick phones - you know circa 1990. The huge brickk with a real long ariel. They sell similar phones in MBK - not actual Motorolas they are Chinese versions - its a pure novelty thing. Has anyone ever brought one and do you know if they actualy work? Its for a friend in the states.

I

Given that you have actually seen these Mortorola bricks at MBK why on earth did you not at that time enquire as to their useabiliy or not. You go on to say that MBK sell similar bricks but they are Chinese copies.

Which is it? :unsure:

its retro cool style....they were getting a lot of attention (when I was buying my iPhone 4 there)

just like at iStudio stores here, you can buy big plastic "moshi moshi" retro phone handsets (like the old fashion payphone things you hold in your hand) to plug into your iPhone to take voice calls at your desk....

Given that you have actually seen these Mortorola bricks at MBK why on earth did you not at that time enquire as to their useabiliy or not. You go on to say that MBK sell similar bricks but they are Chinese copies.

Which is it? :unsure:

Very helpful reply there, thank you. Not only am I apparently a little thick for not testing one, its also seems I have contradicted myself? Jeeez. Read between the lines..... Clearly I am talking about Motorola Bricks which have been replicated by the Chinese. Everyone else understood :rolleyes: I did not have the time when I was there to test one - I had been there for 3 hours and on my way out noticed a few stalls selling them.

I think they use the old AMPS system (800MHz) and that may have been closed down.

If genuine they may become collectors items?

I only seen the Chinese replicas to be honest. But yah the originals are starting to become collectors items now.