Adobe Flash Player

astral

I came across a web site that said I needed the latest version of Flash player.

I clicked the button to download and was told I needed a plugin for my Firefox browser.

OK

No plugin found................

Manual install??? How the h*ll I am supposed to know what is needed?

I ended up using IE to down the download, making sure I selected the right version.

What a mess.

SHAME ON YOU ADOBE. :bah:

I've ran into this problem on my home and office computer. It's an issue with NPSWF32.dll being in more then one location. One, the official Adobe location and 2nd where Firefox thinks it should be in its own folder. Even though the latest version may be installed FF may still be using an older version of NPSWF32.dll in its own folder.

Discussion on it here > Cnet. At the bottom just below the Sysinternal's Process Explorer snapshot it shows which file to remove. When I removed it, the correct version of flash was then shown on the sites whereas before they said I needed to update which I had done.

I've ran into this problem on my home and office computer. It's an issue with NPSWF32.dll being in more then one location. One, the official Adobe location and 2nd where Firefox thinks it should be in its own folder. Even though the latest version may be installed FF may still be using an older version of NPSWF32.dll in its own folder.

No sign of that file in the FF Plugins folder, so I guess I am ok now,

but will check further when I have time later in the day.

Thanks

Anyone can comment on this????

just last week i received the latest update from adobe but refused to instal it due to unsafty issues i read about regarding adobe.A few days later my laptop suddenly just blacked out,just 1 time the first day, 3 to 4 times the 2nd day....it all just went black while i was still connected with true. I finally accepted the adobe update and the blackouts magicly stopped; i haven't had any since then. Was this just a coincidence????....am i being paranoid here ???? :ph34r: