Is Fax Still Used A Lot In Thailand?

I'm just starting a small Ltd. with about 7 people staff in Bangkok and am trying to decide whether we need a fax machine.

Back home a business can do without a fax machine (or function) these days. But what's the story here:

Is it still useful to be able to send and receive faxes, e.g. when communicating with the authorities?

Cheers, Farrol

Hi

lots of companies still use fax machines here in Thailand, especially small companies who are not computer literate.

i live on koh samed, they are very valuble here especially for the guesthouses who don't have internet access for booking confirmations.

get one- you wont regret it !

If you are dealing with small Companies then I would suggest you get a Fax system - however all major Companies usually use Email.

Best to get a Fax Modem linked to your Computer, saves having to file lots of paper - which fades over time anyway.

Patrick

• Like 1

I agree with wandrinstar and brownstone. Smaller companies, older business people in Thailand, and schools all use faxes. Lots of businesses here do not have PC's.

Judging by the number mis-dialled faxes that I receive - still lots of users for fax.

You will definitely need a fax. Businesses are always asking customers to fax them bank xfer receipts or receive airline reservations, etc.

Get a 4-1 printer (scanner, fax, etc) as prices are quite low when they are on sale (a lot less than 4000 baht). And they are always on sale at the computer stores.

Thanks guys,

I will definitely get a fax solution then.

Should I also have a dedicated telephone line / number for incoming faxes?

I don't expect our clients to send us any faxes, but maybe authorities expect us to have an incoming fax number?

We are a Thai Co. Ltd. with BOI promotion.

Cheers, Farrol

I don't own/run a business but as a customer I sure now I've used my fax machine a lot in dealing with businesses. And this high fax usage is not driven by me, but the businesses seemed to prefer sending and/or receiving a fax versus email in many cases.