Phuket Brewery

genisis

please excuse me if this topic has been mentioned before, but i have just joined the forum.

i was wondering if anyone had any news on the brewery re-opening again under new or old management !!...i always fully enjoyed my nights out there, whether is was a weekend with a live gig to watch, or midweek nights when they still put on a good show. for me its a crying shame this place has closed down again, it was a cracking venue for a fun night out to eat..drink..dance and watch some quality act's, all at very decent prices.

any info on the brewery would be appreciated...

If you mean the place opposite tesco.. No one can make it work..

First owner tried.. Leased to a experienced promoter who runs places this size over the country, they tried it for a few months (free whisky.. I kid you not) and still couldnt get enough people in to make it a viable operation. They pulled the plug quick sharp and no one has touched it since AFAIK.

Interestingly this is another business that someone took one look at and told me would never work because of the feng shui.. They said the ship at the entrance is guiding money out the door or something.

Perhaps it's about to reopen.

From someone who joined up just to ask this question, it sounds a lot like self promotion to me:

!!...i always fully enjoyed my nights out there, whether is was a weekend with a live gig to watch, or midweek nights when they still put on a good show. for me its a crying shame this place has closed down again, it was a cracking venue for a fun night out to eat..drink..dance and watch some quality act's, all at very decent prices.

SteveNL, I hope you do not mind me replying. :rolleyes:

They had a great brewery, then they closed it for renovations, then re opened it. Tons of money went it. Sad, really. But when you charge 700 baht for some strange glass of beer, it was bound to happen.

Sad, it was huge, some good entertainment. Thai food was not good, though.

They had a great brewery, then they closed it for renovations, then re opened it. Tons of money went it. Sad, really. But when you charge 700 baht for some strange glass of beer, it was bound to happen.

I liked it too - went half a dozen times for drinks or a meal, very close to my house so convenient, took my family there from England, beer was good, at least something different, don't seem to recall paying 700 Baht for it, there always seemed to be happy hours on. Agree food was not good but they did start doing the Dairy Hut menu as well as the Brewery menu. Atmosphere for a big concert was great, I went for Sek Loso, BUT Phuket probably is not big enough to repeatedly fill a hall that big, and tourists were not going to use it much due to the location. Ah well, nice try.

I don't mind at all.

As I implicated earlier to the op, people who might know will answer later, just have a bit of patience.

It is not SteveNL BTW but StevenL (if you want to use capitals).

They offered different price ranges for the beer. But one that stuck out was the 700 baht one. You had to ask for it (or was that a bottle). They had an impressive brewery in plain view.

Not a believer in Fen Shui, but I am believer in Thai business sense, or lack thereof.

Great location, though.

They offered different price ranges for the beer. But one that stuck out was the 700 baht one. You had to ask for it (or was that a bottle). They had an impressive brewery in plain view.

Not a believer in Fen Shui, but I am believer in Thai business sense, or lack thereof.

Great location, though.

eh?

The location is terrible and certainly one of the reasons for its demise, just because people shop thereabouts during the day does not mean they want to spend a night out there.

some interesting remarks, and a couple of sarcastic one's thrown in for good measure:blink:

when they had bands on like sek loso...big ass and caraboa sp! they were sold out, but obviously they were never going to have these nights every weekend, so on weekdays it was free entrance and they still put on the rest of the show...resident band and singers...magic acts..dancers..etc etc. on these nights there was roughly about 50 to 80 punters, not enough i fear to keep the boat afloat..pun intended:rolleyes: i also feel the venue was in a decent position, but the advertising of the place was very poor indeed, nothing to have stopped them using a fleet of vans to ferry holiday makers back and forth like fantasea does. in my opinion the stunt show also suffered because of this.

and 700 odd baht a glass of beer!!!!..never....you would get the tower of beer for that price, one small moan was they only had a choice of 3 different beers, it being a working brewery you would have expected more choice.

in my opinion under the correct management it could be a success, and no not mine for the poster who is paranoid as hel_l. this type of venue appeals to ex pats who live here...thai's...and most important the holliday folks who want to take the family to a safe and non seedy night out.

They had a large colored beer menu and it had either a glass or a bottle beside it with that price. I am not a beer drinker and that made me even less of one.

Anyways, if the place is good, they will come. It was huge in the auditorium/dinner area. Good idea, bad execution.

It was a good place for the IBAP monthly meetings as it was great central location for people coming from various parts of the island. I went there once to eat & would not consider wasting my money on that again. A lot of people think as Phuket is growing they can do what they do in Bangkok but is certainly not the case. Thai Naan works as it has many function rooms which are used for all sorts of parties plus they bring in bus loads of Asian tourists to quickly consume a buffet meal but The Brewery concept was entirely different & probably before its time.

I only went twice and never late evening, for all I know it could have got jumping with phuket town crowd but my feeling was..

It was too far for the west coast tourist crowd, coupled with tuktuk issues, for them to be interested.

It was too large to survive on a limited expat crowd.

And while the market that might have worked for them, mixed expat and majority Phuket town Thai crowd, those 2 together are too cheap to service the space properly. Thais will sit and share a bottle of whiskey all night so 4 people drink on a few 100 baht each. That might work with a lower investment and cheaper ground rent, but its a tough road here.

I would love to see more mixed venues, with a bit more integrated entertainment approach for both Thai and farang, but its a tough balance for management to achieve. I am surprised that theres no 'beer garden' brew house or whatever you want to call a large beer hall in Patong. Would have thought the day time draw of that would work somewhere.

...I am surprised that theres no 'beer garden' brew house or whatever you want to call a large beer hall in Patong. Would have thought the day time draw of that would work somewhere.

Oktoberfest, overlooking the hill above Simon Cabaret, had a couple of great shows, then they slowly went bust. I think the main problem is that it didn't draw tourists - kind of a tough sell when you aren't in the middle of Bangla.

yeah i remember the oktoberfest, didn't last long at all. its a real shame because some of these venue's are fun and offer something completely different to the norm..but once again i feel its lousy promotion and advertising campaign that hurts these venue's.