Searching For A Locksmith

Trex52

Does anyone know of a locksmith that can re-key some deadbolts of the same brand (Elephant Brand)? I will probably regret not biting the bullet and purchasing Yale locks, as I know these can all be re-keyed (at least stateside). Looking for someone in the northern Provinces. I live in Phayao and I can not find a locksmith here. There very well could be one, but trying to ask is like talking Martian to most. I would think Chiangrai or especially Chiangmai would have locksmiths. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....trex

• 5 weeks later...

Although my answer isn't what you actually asked ... I thought I would share an opinion anyway.

You can buy keyed-alike locksets in Thailand and not involve a locksmith - just change the old ones out.

When I bought my house, the previous owner used KEYED locks on EVERY SINGLE DOOR in the house including bathrooms, pantry and closets! That is 9 different inside doors with DIFFERENT keys! There was a keysafe with all of these keys hanging.

We found much nicer lock sets ("bedroom/bathroom" locksets as they are referred to in USA) and have been changing all of the locksets out and eliminating all the keys from the box.

I know WHY he did it - it was cheaper. :(

The thought of involving a locksmith to re-key my doors gives me the creeps. At that point, someone POTENTIALLY has a key to my house and knows where I live.

:(

Funny...same thing with our house. Every door had a separate key. Crazy! When we remodeled, we changed all the locks and now only have 1 key. But the designer pushed us to keep keys on all the doors. I was against it, but lost the battle as he said it was really important to Thais, in case we wanted to resell...