Investment Brokers

thaipod

I don't know about you but I'm getting calls every week from brokers who claim that they are servicing expats for investment banking and loans property and stock etc .

I've requested that my secretary to screen my calls ,but somehow they still get through some calling continually until I have to tell them I'm not interested and try to keep me on the phone insisting on wanting to set an appointment , Some have insisted they are a friend of mine or basically lie or being rude to my receptionist to get me on the phone .

I'm interested in knowing how others handle this situation

Arrange for them to meet you in Nakorn Nayok, you of course dont bother turning up.

Scammers the lot of them, probably operating from some illegal boiler room, check out some of the job offers advertized in these forums.

Job titles such as marketing managers, you have to laugh.

just wondering, do you have a profile on your company website? I do, and I reckon thats how they know me.

As for the secretary...well, the introduction they give to Thai secretaries is enough to have them thinking it is an important call for you to take...which is why most pass them through to me. Being in the consulting game, as I am, the call from one of these scammers starts of quite similarly to the occasional cold caller looking for my services (ie where they pay me!!).

I have been getting them continuously as well, they are coming non stop, they started calling my mobile, I have no idea how they go that, and then they started calling my office, the girl at reception had told them I am out of town after I had already told them I am not interested and that I was not in Bangkok so they tried finding out where I was to set up an appointment at my location. They were calling 4-5 times a day and I quit answering the phone, they called again this morning so I answered it and was very rude to her and told her to stop harassing me (plus a few other words) and to take no for answer.

I am not on our companies website, nor does my name show up anywhere for my company.

The 'old' trick was to have a thai speaker call your office and ask your receptionist if there are any farangs there. Most will reply with first names of the farangs.

These are handed to the 'broker' who calls up asking for you.

Arrange for them to meet you in Nakorn Nayok, you of course dont bother turning up.

Scammers the lot of them, probably operating from some illegal boiler room, check out some of the job offers advertized in these forums.

Agree, send them on some wild goose chases.

One trick (dont know if it's possible here) is to set up a premium rate number forwarded to a "roaming phone" - something like 200baht a minute to call - then put the buggers on hold for a while whilst you "get your details in front of you"....

:)

And that was Mr. Honest's contribution...

How about telling the person in question to bugger off? To hard?

And that was Mr. Honest's contribution...

How about telling the person in question to bugger off? To hard?

First tell them nicely you are not interested, if they continue tell them to f*kc off.....certainly worked for me....:D

To be honest the easiest thing to tell them is that you are an investment broker who is paid to give advice to other people about investment. And seriously is not interested in paying for advice from someone else.

Tell your staff not to release the names of any employees to anyone under any circumstances.

Don't put staff names on websites either. They will make attempts to get names any way they can.

Give business cards only to real potential customers if using them at all. These ****s collect them to call you with their garbage.

I've spoken to people who've worked in these jobs before.

The horror stories are terrible. All the brokers are laughing at how much commisions they get for every sign up.

They laugh at the losses they've made for people.

The number of people who have worked as the so called advisors and then dissappeared with money or people

wanting to do them physical harm is unlike anything i've heard of before.

People like this are everywhere in Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Phuket.

If you invest with someone you should see years of accounts, do due diligence and have people checked out

here and abroad. Check their details for their home country and anywhere else they may have unscrupulously operated.

The number of cowboys in Thailand is unbelievable. They seem to be attracted to the place like flies around ****.

BEWARE!

Tell your staff not to release the names of any employees to anyone under any circumstances.

Don't put staff names on websites either. They will make attempts to get names any way they can.

Give business cards only to real potential customers if using them at all. These ****s collect them to call you with their garbage.

I've spoken to people who've worked in these jobs before.

The horror stories are terrible. All the brokers are laughing at how much commisions they get for every sign up.

They laugh at the losses they've made for people.

The number of people who have worked as the so called advisors and then dissappeared with money or people

wanting to do them physical harm is unlike anything i've heard of before.

People like this are everywhere in Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Phuket.

If you invest with someone you should see years of accounts, do due diligence and have people checked out

here and abroad. Check their details for their home country and anywhere else they may have unscrupulously operated.

The number of cowboys in Thailand is unbelievable. They seem to be attracted to the place like flies around ****.

BEWARE!

i use to do it for one of the major banks,and when some guy rang me up,i had a field day,tied him up in knots with industry jargon,can not belive he put the phone down on me,just as i was enjoying myself.

My method has worked for me to the point where I no longer get calls.

I ask them to send me a copy of their bank account. I tell them that if they have more money than me I will meet them since it proves that they are good.

The usual response is, "OK have a good day" and they ring off.

I have been broker free for nearly a year now

My method has worked for me to the point where I no longer get calls.

I ask them to send me a copy of their bank account. I tell them that if they have more money than me I will meet them since it proves that they are good.

The usual response is, "OK have a good day" and they ring off.

I have been broker free for nearly a year now

Your lucky they still call me 2-3 times a week, usually its a Philippine lady or an English guy. I told them many nasty words but they still call back. Who knows why. When i ask how they got my number they say they got it from business reference and some crap, but I know its from our website and I cant hide my contacts or name as I am the owner of the company... and its a very small company so easy to find me