Yellow Book.

pop3

Having mistakenly first posted this on the Chang Mai forum I better now re post it here where it belongs :jap: The Chang Mai forum was talking about obtaining the yellow book. ( the house book that shows the farang name ) Has anybody managed to get a yellow book in the Pattaya Banglamung area ?

Things always seem to be that much harder round here due to there being so many more farang.

I got my yellow book last year (Sattahip).

It wasn't difficult. One of the staff filled in the forms for me. I had to submit copies of my passport, copies of the blue book in my wife's name, and take a Thai neighbour along as a witness (wife not acceptable as a witness).

Cost was (to the best of my recollection) 50 baht for the book. No other fee.

At Sattahip they do not have many foreigners asking for yellow books. I expect Banglamung get these requests pretty frequently.

I got my yellow book earlier this year at Banglamung.

I went to the Amphur office first to ask what I needed and the answer was as follows.First I had to enter a thai name in the blue book,as there is no thai name in yet.Then I had to go to my Embassy to get a certificate of residence as the one handed out at the immigration wasn't valid.Next I had to translate the certificate of residence and my passport in Thai by a certified translator and that translation needed to be certified by the Thai ministry of interior or exterior I forget.When I had all this I had to come back together with 2 witnesses who lived in the area and the khanman of the aerea.I'm sure I forget some requirements.

The next day I went to any translator office in soi post office and had my passport translated into Thai.With that ( uncertified ) translation and an unused Certificate of residence,which I got at immigration some weeks earlier to sell a car,I went back to Amphur Banglamung.

One week later I picked up my yellow book at no cost. :)