george

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVES

IT WRECKS LIVES

Don't drink and drive, take a joint and fly.. :D

So, you like to smoke your stupidity over drinking it. Very well, keep the blunt in your hands and your hands away from the keyboard and no one will get hurt.

Sad story.

Another reminder not to let your 15 year old out at 2 am.  In this case some poor judgement on the part of the parents with disasterous consequences.

Letting the drunk driver out is a disgrace.

Thanks for your input.. She had just been 'sent home' at about 1 am and stopped for soup on the way..

Surprising as it may seem 2 is not actually that late for a 15 y/o thats on holiday..

I'm deeply sorry for the girls father and brothers and it's another truely disgusting waste of human life and I certainly hope the other motorcycle rider gets to live out a large remainder of his life in prison.

Although I do dissagree with your statement that 2am is not actually late for a 15 y/o on holiday to be out on the town. I certainly won't be letting my daughter out when she is 15y/o until 2am anywhere not just in Thailand as I think this is completely unnecessary and an unacceptable time for someone of that age to be out and about especially given some of the types of people that are also out at that time. As parents we have to accept some responsibility for our children's whereabouts and goings on.

Also, as distressing as some of the comments are to you LivinLOS, this is a forum and as such everyone is entitled to their point of view whether we agree with it or not or even if we like it or not hence the name forum. No offence is meant with that statement LivinLOS and I'm sorry for your pain but I'm just trying to put it (the posts) into perspective.

My heartfelt condolences to the surving members of the family. :o

Well that's LivinLOS opinions that he/she is posting.

I think 15yr old kids should be at home @ 2am, but that's beside the point. It dosen't matter what time of day this happend. Just because it happened at 2am dosen't put any fault on the young lady. Why is everyone hung up on the time. The crime is the drunk ahole driving around, that and how the Thais don't seem to give a %^%$#.

I know good Thai people, how come they never appear in the stories on Thaivisa?

I hope her family finds the hope they need to carry on.

No-one is actually putting any fault on the lady concerned and I don't believe everyone is hung up on the time as you put it. My post was in regard to 15y/o people in general and them being out at 2am in reply to LivinLOS's statement that it's not too late for someone of that age to be out.

Nowhere did I suggest she was to blame in any way for what happened and why don't good people anywhere appear on any news programs? because most people are not interested in the good only the bad. When was the last time you read/saw anything about good people on a news program, in a paper etc? and if it bothers you so much why don't you start a post yourself on the good people you know rather than complaining about it?

Excuse my frustration. I did not explain my views very well. I know all about news and what sells. I speak more of the stories and comments by expats. Not that my frustration is directed towards expats.

My wife and her family (Thai) are good people. They don't drink, gamble, smoke, kill, rape, rob, cheat, lie, etc. My wife wants to someday move back to her homeland, so, I joined up here to learn about Thailand. I didn't trust the travel books. What I have learned is that if someone, not knowing anyhting about Thailand which in America is possible, got on this website they would think Thailand is in somplete anarchy. Thai people would fall into a handful of groups like whores, pimps, drug dealers, and very poor people. Now, I know that there is some foundation of civilization that most Thais live by. Why isn't there more balance here. Bad things happen all over the world but it seems people still try to find balance, yet I never see it here. I want to learn about the good things in Thailand too!

Maybe I will post a topic Jimmy, maybe it will help. But maybe we should all try to find some kind of balance between the good and bad things.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVES

IT WRECKS LIVES

So, you like to smoke your stupidity over drinking it. Very well, keep the blunt in your hands and your hands away from the keyboard and no one will get hurt.

Sad story.

Another reminder not to let your 15 year old out at 2 am.  In this case some poor judgement on the part of the parents with disasterous consequences.

Thanks for your input.. She had just been 'sent home' at about 1 am and stopped for soup on the way..

Surprising as it may seem 2 is not actually that late for a 15 y/o thats on holiday..

I'm deeply sorry for the girls father and brothers and it's another truely disgusting waste of human life and I certainly hope the other motorcycle rider gets to live out a large remainder of his life in prison.

Although I do dissagree with your statement that 2am is not actually late for a 15 y/o on holiday to be out on the town. I certainly won't be letting my daughter out when she is 15y/o until 2am anywhere not just in Thailand as I think this is completely unnecessary and an unacceptable time for someone of that age to be out and about especially given some of the types of people that are also out at that time. As parents we have to accept some responsibility for our children's whereabouts and goings on.

Also, as distressing as some of the comments are to you LivinLOS, this is a forum and as such everyone is entitled to their point of view whether we agree with it or not or even if we like it or not hence the name forum. No offence is meant with that statement LivinLOS and I'm sorry for your pain but I'm just trying to put it (the posts) into perspective.

I think 15yr old kids should be at home @ 2am, but that's beside the point. It dosen't matter what time of day this happend. Just because it happened at 2am dosen't put any fault on the young lady. Why is everyone hung up on the time. The crime is the drunk ahole driving around, that and how the Thais don't seem to give a %^%$#.

No-one is actually putting any fault on the lady concerned and I don't believe everyone is hung up on the time as you put it. My post was in regard to 15y/o people in general and them being out at 2am in reply to LivinLOS's statement that it's not too late for someone of that age to be out.

Nowhere did I suggest she was to blame in any way for what happened and why don't good people anywhere appear on any news programs? because most people are not interested in the good only the bad. When was the last time you read/saw anything about good people on a news program, in a paper etc? and if it bothers you so much why don't you start a post yourself on the good people you know rather than complaining about it?

Excuse my frustration. I did not explain my views very well. I know all about news and what sells. I speak more of the stories and comments by expats. Not that my frustration is directed towards expats.

My wife and her family (Thai) are good people. They don't drink, gamble, smoke, kill, rape, rob, cheat, lie, etc. My wife wants to someday move back to her homeland, so, I joined up here to learn about Thailand. I didn't trust the travel books. What I have learned is that if someone, not knowing anyhting about Thailand which in America is possible, got on this website they would think Thailand is in somplete anarchy. Thai people would fall into a handful of groups like whores, pimps, drug dealers, and very poor people. Now, I know that there is some foundation of civilization that most Thais live by. Why isn't there more balance here. Bad things happen all over the world but it seems people still try to find balance, yet I never see it here. I want to learn about the good things in Thailand too!

Maybe I will post a topic Jimmy, maybe it will help. But maybe we should all try to find some kind of balance between the good and bad things.

Fair call thaibebop and maybe it would be a good idea for us all to do something like you suggest. It is easy to become frustrated over a topic that is I guess so sensitive to so many people (including myself). Having children myself, you want to protect them from everything and after reading of the tragic loss of life you would like to feel that there was something different you could have done to avoid the outcome.

More of a built in coping mechanism rather than trying to lay any actual blame on anyone on the victims side of things. You like to think there is nothing you cannot be prepared for but in reality we know that's B.S.

Don't get me wrong Thailand has it's problems like anywhere else but I also love living here and wouldn't live anywhere else. Maybe as you say we don't get to read/hear about the good stuff enough and I hope that clears up my position as well.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVES

IT WRECKS LIVES

Sad story.

Fair call thaibebop and maybe it would be a good idea for us all to do something like you suggest. It is easy to become frustrated over a topic that is I guess so sensitive to so many people (including myself). Having children myself, you want to protect them from everything and after reading of the tragic loss of life you would like to feel that there was something different you could have done to avoid the outcome.

More of a built in coping mechanism rather than trying to lay any actual blame on anyone on the victims side of things. You like to think there is nothing you cannot be prepared for but in reality we know that's B.S.

Don't get me wrong Thailand has it's problems like anywhere else but I also love living here and wouldn't live anywhere else. Maybe as you say we don't get to read/hear about the good stuff enough and I hope that clears up my position as well.

I took your suggestion to heart and started a thread about good things in Thailand. Please visit and tell me why you love this country, I really want to know, I need some happy stories. Thanks.

]

I took your suggestion to heart and started a thread about good things in Thailand. Please visit and tell me why you love this country, I really want to know, I need some happy stories. Thanks.

I think you will find that in most Forums dominated by Westerners concerning Asian countries, there is the Superiority attitude to get over.

If you go to a Japan orientated Forum, the westerners do nothing but complain about Japan.

:o

Just to correct a possible miss conception.. I dont think the family are particularly wealthy.. They just went immediately through thier phone book to call the assistance of the higheest up the ladder in local position they could find and asked him to represent them as a favor..

Also as I stated in earlier posts Mrs Stark died a few years ago leaving the 3 children to John.. All the more tragic to the remaining family..

The Deputy Mayor will not just show up for some chao naa. The family may not be in the upper elite, but to have a deputy mayor of a large town is not a phuu yai to sneeze at. As for those who asked, the family name looks to be a translation of a Chinese family name. The lad's extended family clearly has some local collective influence and has circled their wagons to allow the lad's parents to make an offer that is affordable, perhaps by loan, to the boy's family.

This is simply the way these things are negotiated in Thailand. The person with the more powerful phuu yai wins. The visiting tourist family, without having well connected friends, has little power. And these incidences rarely go to courts simply because that is not the way local civil affairs are handled in Thailand. It is too bad that there are so few expats who (1) understand how Thai power manifests itself and (2) so few that are willing to kiss some ass of those who might be potential phuu yais for future reference.

If you are an expat living in Thailand for over two years and have not yet cultivated any phuu yais then you have no right to complain when things go against you in such troublesome happenstances. I admit that living in the rural areas it is easier to find the correct friendships to cultivate, such as the local kamaan. And I always like to make an effort to meet and greet and entertain the local nai amphoe or an asssisatant, not to mention my hosting the local policeman on occasion.

My deepest sympathies go out to the family. And yes, in one sense this was just a tragic accident. But I do not let my teenaged son, who is an excellent driver and who speaks Thai better than myself, drive around in the wee hours specifically becuase of all the drunks on the roads at that time.

I was with the Deputy today, he will not give special assistance in this matter and anyone who has said that is telling lies. He is a very straight guy in his position and I have known him for 7 years and class him as a friend. Slander is also a crime.

I was with the Deputy today, he will not give special assistance in this matter and anyone who has said that is telling lies. He is a very straight guy in his position and I have known him for 7 years and class him as a friend. Slander is also a crime.

...and how, pray is anybody going to sue an anonymous nick' on Thaivisa.

Not particularly cowed by this ham-fisted demi-threat.

...and how, pray is anybody going to sue an anonymous nick' on Thaivisa.

Not particularly cowed by this ham-fisted demi-threat.

who is threatening here? :o what threat? bad day Moog? :D

Slander is also a crime.

well, what was this ! :o

Some little boob comes off her bike. I mean sorry and all that, but how many helmetless doe-eyed Thai teenies do likewise and don't qualify for a mention here.....

Sorry to sound cruel.....

This is a non-story.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

The Deputy Mayor will not just show up for some chao naa.  The family may not be in the upper elite, but to have a deputy mayor of a large town is not a phuu yai to sneeze at.  As for those who asked, the family name looks to be a translation of a Chinese family name.  The lad's extended family clearly has some local collective influence and has circled their wagons to allow the lad's parents to make an offer that is affordable, perhaps by loan, to the boy's family.

Being Chinese certainly doesn't make him/them connected. Any ol' average Thai with just about any city location piece of property can get a loan for 200,000 at any time day or night.

Slander is also a crime.

well, what was this ! :D

Some little boob comes off her bike. I mean sorry and all that, but how many helmetless doe-eyed Thai teenies do likewise and don't qualify for a mention here.....

This is a non-story.

march yourself over to the apology thread and let it out. :o

march yourself over to the apology thread and let it out.

No, because thats a Bambina-oriented thread, and i'm not sorry.

However, here//////

sorry.

5 page topic. No, unnecessary - people quoting Nietzche - just daft.

sorry sorry. Khor todt.

The Deputy Mayor will not just show up for some chao naa.  The family may not be in the upper elite, but to have a deputy mayor of a large town is not a phuu yai to sneeze at.  As for those who asked, the family name looks to be a translation of a Chinese family name.  The lad's extended family clearly has some local collective influence and has circled their wagons to allow the lad's parents to make an offer that is affordable, perhaps by loan, to the boy's family.

Being Chinese certainly doesn't make him/them connected. Any ol' average Thai with just about any city location piece of property can get a loan for 200,000 at any time day or night.

The average ethnic Thai does not own city property. Many no longer even own padi land but farm other people's land for 50% of the harvest.

:D

The average ethnic Thai does not own city property. Many no longer even own padi land but farm other people's land for 50% of the harvest.

Regardless, it doesn't make him/them connected. Whether they are "ethnic" Thai or not doesn't make them any more Thai (except to those who for whatever reason feel the need to make a distinction), hence plenty of 'average Thais' do own city property. I see 'two syllable' last names all the time on the buying and selling side at the land department.

]

I think you will find that in most Forums dominated by Westerners concerning Asian countries, there is the Superiority attitude to get over.

If you go to a Japan orientated Forum, the westerners do nothing but complain about Japan.

:D

And that's sad. Even if we don't like something it is their conutry, they will do what they want. We can either adapt or go home. :o

Slander is also a crime.

This is a non-story.

Slander is also a crime.

This is a non-story.

Well I will be back in Bangkok on July 27, Im willing to postpone my connecting flight to Phuket to come and see you. i will in my own way discuss the merits of my little boob with you

please supply your address or suitable location to meet with you

G

Slander is also a crime.

well, what was this ! :D

This is a non-story.

Well I will be back in Bangkok on July 27, Im willing to postpone my connecting flight to Phuket to come and see you. i will in my own way discuss the merits of my little boob with you

please supply your address or suitable location to meet with you

G

I think you went to far Moog. Maybe you should say sorry. :o

• 2 months later...
Did I miss something? ...

What investigation is needed? A month? Court? Another waiste of tax/police bahts if you ask me.

Exactly... Sounds like an open and shut case... <deleted> else are they going to investigate? Only in LOS is right... and do you think they'll be able to find this guy in a month after their "investigation" is over... I seriously doubt it!

Absolutely - hang the Ba**ard - why waste money on having the police investigate? In fact what's the point in having the police or courts at all - an eye for an eye - no worries...

.......off we go marching straight into the arms of the dark ages....

Please think about the alternatives and how they would be imposed - we complain so loudly about things that don't seem right in this adopted home of ours, but a situation like this can leave some of us behaving in an even worse way than the ones we dissaprove of so vocally under different circumstances...

In any other country the police and the courts would do exactly the same thing as is happening in this case - and that is how it has to be.

A 200,000 baht fine is a very substantial one and appropriate for this country - and there is absolutely nothing to be gained from comparing it to fines for similar offences overseas - what's the point?

Has no-one ever "jumped bail" in the US/UK/Australia etc? Yes, of course, but they still insist on a bail system - and mostly it works, but now and then they lose someone too - the jails are not up to the task, so there is no real choice.

It doesn't make it right, but it is the system within which we all live... :o

I was a friend of Alex, i heard today that Peerapong got 1.5 years. I feel sick that the thai courts think that is enough punishment for taking this wonderful girls life.

moog

well , ive seen some heartless and uncalled for comments on thai visa , irony has been used as the excuse for some of them , but the above comments are just coldly evil.

a man who has recently lost his wife then loses his teenage daughter to a drunk driver and that is the best you can come up with.

"some little boob"

wash your sad mouth out with soap moog. that was disgraceful.

hopefully you felt the need to reply to the fathers comments and sent him a message.

thai road deaths rarely get reported in the thai news let alone here.

I have just this thread in full, and first i want to say how sorry i feel for her father John and her brothers john and liam. I went to school with Alex, i only knew her for a few months but it was incredible how she touched and changed me while i knew her. When you'r 15 you feel invincible, espessialy when you'r on holiday. To me, it doesnt matter if she was wearing a helmet or why she was out late she was inocent and didnt deserve to be hurt in any way. I heard in school today that Peerapong got 1.5 years, justice was not done. Thats the reason i found this forum as i was seaching for info on Peerapong. I was sickened to read that some people were implying that this was in any way her or her fathers fault, she was not the one driving wrecklessly 7 times over the drink drive limit. This has affected me so much, and it's something that will always stay with me,

R.I.P Alex, i know ive got an angel now :o

And moog you are a very sad, sick person and i hope you never have to go through what her family and friends are going through now, this accident has ruined many lives.

• 1 month later...

just all of u shut up, you dont know what you're talking about, Alex was one of my friends and an amazing girl, and for this idiot just to get 18 months in jail is terrible.

and the "babysitter" is a family friend, and the family were aware that they were out at this time.

Its no secret readers !!!!!!!    Here in Thailand over 80% of the Population are ALCOHOLICS.  They wake up drunk, are drunk during the daytime and go home drunk after work then they hit the bars and go home even drunker.

Just the other day I was just walking out of a grocery store and watched a biker go whizzing right by me into a ditch and hitting the tree.  Didn't want to know what happenned to that driver, but I guess he either got killed or ended up with a group of broken bones for sure.

Has any of you ever seen a person go splat right smack into a tree around 80 kilometers or more an hour??  The sound is like a thud of bones hitting that tree.  A definite weird sound for sure.

As to that girl, pity.  Most pillon riders do not wear helmets.  So when her head hits that concrete, guarantee its lights out.

Amazing.  Then they wonder why so many get killed here?????  The factories here are churning out that alcohol like its no tomorrow.

As of 200,000 baht, that is around 5,100 usa dollars or 10 percent of total amount of Bail..  In comparing this to America the Bail would be around 50,000 USA.  However had this happened in America, that drivers bail would have been like 500,000 or more in USA or 10 percent would be 50,000 usa or more to bail out.

USA does not tolerate Drunk Drivers at all especially the court system.  Just to let you know. 

Daveyo

80% of the population are ALCOHOLICS? that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Where on earth did you ever get that silly information. Does this include women and children? :o

• 5 months later...

HEY PEOPLE IV JUST SIGNED UP FOR THIS FORUM AND IM ANGRY AND DISGUSTED AT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE CAME OUT WITH CLAIMS THAT ALEX WAS DRINKING BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SHE WAS NOT AS SHE WAS 1 OF MY BEST FRIENDS AND SHE PHONED ME ABOUT 1 HOUR BEFORE IT HAPPENED . THERE'S ALOT OF BULLSH*T ON THIS FORUM AND DESPITE WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING ALEX WAS A NORMAL 15 YEAR OLD GIRL AND WAS AN AMAZING PERSON . HOW DARE ANY1 SUGGEST THAT SHE WAS DRINKING !!! THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE MAN WHO KILLED HER SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR LIFE AND MONEY SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE . THE SYSTEM OF JUSTICE IN YOUR COUNTRY IS DISGUSTING AND IF I COULD GET AHOLD OF SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE THESE OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS I SWEAR TO GOD THEY WOULD NOT WALK AWAY. ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SHOWN SUCH A LACK OF RESPECT ARE SCUM . I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT CONDOLENCES AND THAT I KNOW JOHN SR , JOHN JR AND LIAM WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THIS . IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH WHAT I HAVE SAID THEN ADD ME ON MSN OR EMAIL ME

wiggybhoy - ive not read the whole thread but would like to offer my condolences to you, and your friends family.

remember that news, whether good or bad will attract comment from all and sundry.

this forum and many other online communties as a whole have a good relationship with its members and wouldnt go out of its way to be involved with speaking out of turn or speculating without evidence, however there are exceptions.

all the best