Ho Chi Minh

ableguy

Hi folks , going to Ho Chi Minh for a ten day break shortly, I live in Hua Hin where Indian food is dreadful, only three restraunts not one worth visiting, in fact I make regular trips to BKK to pick up a dozzen take aways for my freezer so am a serious Indian food fan. Anybody can point me to decent Indian food HCM

Most famous Indian curry in HCMC:

-Càri (Curry) Musa

001 Sư Vạn Hạnh, District 5, TP. Hồ Chí Minh

(08) 3886 6679

Next to Windsor Plaza hotel on the corner of An Duong Vuong and Su Van Hanh streets, district 5.

Others:

-Cà Ri Dê (Goat Curry) Ấn Độ

66 Đông Du, Quận 1, TP. Hồ Chí Minh

(08) 3823 2159

In the Indian temple district 1.

- Càri Abidal

44 Phạm Ngọc Thạch, Quận 3, TP. Hồ Chí Minh

No phone number; this is a street cart on Pham Ngoc Thach st. district 3.

- Tandoor

74/6 Hai Bà Trưng, Quận 1, TP. Hồ Chí Minh

(08) 3930 4839

- Alibaba

60 Lê Thánh Tôn, Quận 1, TP. Hồ Chí Minh

(08) 3823 3594

Enjoy...

The best in my opinion, and I have tried them all, is the Saigon Indian Street on 73 Mac Thi Buoi Street (between Dong Khoi and Nguyen Hue in District 1). It is on the first floor and a little difficult to find. If you come from Dong Khoi, it is ca. 20 meters down the road on your left.

The best in my opinion, and I have tried them all, is the Saigon Indian Street on 73 Mac Thi Buoi Street (between Dong Khoi and Nguyen Hue in District 1). It is on the first floor and a little difficult to find. If you come from Dong Khoi, it is ca. 20 meters down the road on your left.

I use the money changer opposite that (the one with the nice rolex's and Panerais) Better rates than banks and gold shops (imo)

I always seen the Indian shop and wondered what its like.

I'll have to drop in and have a feed next time.

many thanks will be there.

You used to be able to get a really good Indian-style curry at lunch time at the central mosque in District 1. It was really popular with expats, but not sure if they do it anymore.

Many thanks will check it out and let you know if still in operation upon return

I'd stay away from Ali Baba on Le Thanh Ton...the place was worthless in 2006...go up the street to the Lotteria and get a burger and chips instead...

nice rendang at the malaysian restaurant on Mac Dinh Chi in district 1 across the street from the City View apartments...

many thanks I will take your advice

I'd stay away from Ali Baba on Le Thanh Ton...the place was worthless in 2006...go up the street to the Lotteria and get a burger and chips instead...

nice rendang at the malaysian restaurant on Mac Dinh Chi in district 1 across the street from the City View apartments...

Alibaba hasn't been located on Le Thanh Ton for several years. That location is now an A&EM Hotel. Their new location is on Mac Thi Boi. Was OK before, but it's not anymore.

I tried going to Saigon Indian, but the staff wouldn't even come over to seat my wife and I, so we left. Will have to give it another shot.

I prefer Tandoor. The owner is always there and will make special orders that aren't on the menu if you ask him. Always busy too with Indian customers.

Edited by SaigonDaze

Alibaba hasn't been located on Le Thanh Ton for several years. That location is now an A&EM Hotel. Their new location is on Mac Thi Boi. Was OK before, but it's not anymore.

I tried going to Saigon Indian, but the staff wouldn't even come over to seat my wife and I, so we left. Will have to give it another shot.

I prefer Tandoor. The owner is always there and will make special orders that aren't on the menu if you ask him. Always busy too with Indian customers.

Where is Tandoor located? Thanks.

Where is Tandoor located? Thanks.

It's on Hai Ba Trung across from the Park Hyatt (next door to the KFC).

I use the money changer opposite that (the one with the nice rolex's and Panerais) Better rates than banks and gold shops (imo)

I always seen the Indian shop and wondered what its like.

I'll have to drop in and have a feed next time.

Ok here are the results,I found the Saigon very easy for me as it was very close to my hotel. The food was great and the service proffesional, ate there several times so good advice. Ref the money changer opposite here I owe you a big thank you the exchange rate at airport was 560 dong to one baht ( reccomended by lonely planet guide ) the rate at the shop opposite Saigon was 617 I changed 20,000 baht and so the differance was huge. I should add anyone visiting this establishment be aware there are two money changers opposite Saigon Indian, use the one that sells jewellery the second one is just a money changer and they are only a couple of doors apart,

I would also reccomend

GANESH Indian, on LE THAN TON STREET just a short walk from the Saigon, also on this street on the corner we found the Irish bar a great place with loads of draft beers, good music and really great food and I mean great food

highly reccomend this place it helped a lot to make our trip memorable. Once again to all who responded many thanks,