carmine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I will share this experience with you. I had to fly to BKK last Sunday the 10th, went to the office last Thursday to book, only flight available was around 9pm, which wasn't really suitable.

So I thought why not try the Nok Air ferry / fly combo.Now you make your minds up. Because of the lateness in booking , it cost one way Bht 3,828.00, not cheap now is it?

Got to the ferry terminal around 7.15 for an 8am departure, no ferry, waited till around 9.30 , a speed boat arrives ,around 30 people board & they pack the luggage in the bow. Full speed from the time we left till we got there, around 40 minutes. Mind you not one life jacket on board.

Get to the terminal, put on a bus, now have to wait for another speed boat to arrive in around half an hour, by then it's 11am. After some discussions & blah blah , they get a minibus to take us via Surat town, Get to the airport around 12.40. Yes plenty of time for the flight but hell what a trip.

Finally arrive at DM around 3.30 pm.

So next time , believe me, I will never complain again about BKK Air, I think I'm getting too old for this sort of caper.

Yes even if Bangkok Airways Dr Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth is in Forbes Thailand's richest with 1.67 Billion US, good luck to him , I am not begrudging him his wealth tongue.png

• Like 1

You are still allowed to whinge about em Rooo!

No he can't. He has 'crossed over'!sad.png

He now walks on the 'dark side' .

So do I mate....I only ever fly Bangkok Air biz class. rolleyes.gif

Did that Nok Air nonsense years ago....the memory lingers like a bad smell....laugh.png

• Like 1

I only ever fly Bangkok Air biz class.

I fly wheelchair assistance so get a free upgrade if there is buz. class on the flight, priority luggage too. Get my own golf buggy to and from the plane on Samui and Royal orchid lounge in BKK while in transit.

Just had three friends fly from LHR to SYD business class (flexi) return so I got them to register for Emirates skywards before they left. Few tier miles there! Sister and her husband have 2 return trips to Bahrain before the end of June and I have a trip to the UK end of June for a couple of months but may well return to Samui for a week during that time because an old friend may be here. Should be enough to bump me up to one of these for a year.

example-card-emirates-platinum.jpg

Thought I will share this experience with you. I had to fly to BKK last Sunday the 10th, went to the office last Thursday to book, only flight available was around 9pm, which wasn't really suitable.

So I thought why not try the Nok Air ferry / fly combo.Now you make your minds up. Because of the lateness in booking , it cost one way Bht 3,828.00, not cheap now is it?

Got to the ferry terminal around 7.15 for an 8am departure, no ferry, waited till around 9.30 , a speed boat arrives ,around 30 people board & they pack the luggage in the bow. Full speed from the time we left till we got there, around 40 minutes. Mind you not one life jacket on board.

Get to the terminal, put on a bus, now have to wait for another speed boat to arrive in around half an hour, by then it's 11am. After some discussions & blah blah , they get a minibus to take us via Surat town, Get to the airport around 12.40. Yes plenty of time for the flight but hell what a trip.

Finally arrive at DM around 3.30 pm.

So next time , believe me, I will never complain again about BKK Air, I think I'm getting too old for this sort of caper.

Yes even if Bangkok Airways Dr Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth is in Forbes Thailand's richest with 1.67 Billion US, good luck to him , I am not begrudging him his wealth tongue.png

I don't think anyone has suggested BKK Airways provide anything other than a good service. Its just three times the cost it should be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

USM - URT: Samui to Surat Thani

Sorry should have been UTP - U-Tapao-Pattaya International Airport

Where did you book ? I have gone onto bkk air website and chosen many different dates and they all come up same price of 3690 thb one way or 7730. Thb return including taxes

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Yes, it is a shame that they feel compelled to squeeze every last baht out of this route. If I book air asia from Surat to bkk, in advance, I can often get two tix, round trip, for about 4,500 baht. Same pair of tix on bkk air is about 18,000. We drive to the Surat airport from samui, and park there for free. It does take half the day, but the whole experience is pleasant. And the savings is substantial. Plus, it is fun to deny the pirate airline their excessive profit. Sorry, but $320 for 800 km. round trip is just a bit too much. Bangkok Air is a good airline, but their pricing policy is predatory.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Where did you book ? I have gone onto bkk air website and chosen many different dates and they all come up same price of 3690 thb one way or 7730. Thb return including taxes

http://www.bangkokair.com/eng/promotions/bangkok_airways_45

http://www.bangkokair.com/eng/promotions/bangkok_airways_45

I have booked a flight in June, Samui / BKK v.v. total cost 2240 Baht return. It was through the 45th Anniversary deal.Excellent!!!clap2.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

gator, do you work for the BKK marketing department or perhaps related to the owner?

No to both although I would love to be a relative! Just quick off the mark when the offers came up.

Didn't use the website just called the office in BKK and presto!!.

• Like 1

I just booked a one way from Phuket to Samui. This isn't till near the end of the year though. (high season) I paid (incl taxes) 3,000 bhat. I think when I go back to BKK I will just go via Surat Thani.

I just booked a one way from Phuket to Samui. This isn't till near the end of the year though. (high season) I paid (incl taxes) 3,000 bhat. I think when I go back to BKK I will just go via Surat Thani.

You're mad to save 1.5k baht that way imho....but each to his own.

You're mad to save 1.5k baht that way imho....but each to his own.

Well, from the Jan 1st 2014 they have taken away the web promotion and cheapest ticket too BKK is 4710.

Going to Sri Lanka for my jollies this year. Two tickets Bangkok to Colombo return - just over 27,000 baht.

Two tickets Samuui to Bangkok return - almost 18,000 baht!

Boutique airline - NOT. Bandit Airways - yes

"Well, from the Jan 1st 2014 they have taken away the web promotion and cheapest ticket too BKK is 4710."

When I first lmoved to Samui 13 years ago - Samui - Bangkok return was about 3,500 baht.