The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will be doing so next time they are issuing, but its not about me or the excess baggage i had, just about the potential for yet another scam going on

I have just heard that they issue all year round now. My neighbour signed up last month.

Sorry SamuiRes - you obviously type quicker than me :)

Edited by Tropicalevo

350baht for 5kg is a good deal, I paid 300baht per kg with air asia the other day for the mrs's bag.

8kg's over for her bag and 810baht sport equip charge for my golf clubs is always a nice treat at the airport lol!

thanks for the tip off tropicalevo, i will nip down the office and see about the res card.

and yes KTD, 350 baht is very good for 5kg over, if you are actually 5kg over ! haha

You can only apply for a Samui Resident Card in March or October. If you join Bangkok Air Flyer Bonus you get 10k extra anyway.

I don't know any airline that offers the same deal in the office as they do online. Thats why they are called online deals.

isn't there a Bkk air rant thread that you guys can be posting in anyway?

I don't know any airline that offers the same deal in the office as they do online. Thats why they are called online deals.

trouble is , every topic ever started on BKK air always turns into a rant !, i think it is time to make a pinned ' Bangkok Airways Rant Thread '

thanks for the tip off tropicalevo, i will nip down the office and see about the res card.

and yes KTD, 350 baht is very good for 5kg over, if you are actually 5kg over ! haha

You can only apply for a Samui Resident Card in March or October. If you join Bangkok Air Flyer Bonus you get 10k extra anyway.

If you read the whole thread you will see that two of us have already indicated that the Residents Card is now available all year round.

Never had a problem with BKK air scales, checked in at BKK at Samui airport and in BKK the next day checking in for an international flight, same weight. Although I do not agree with the BKK Air pricing policy, I find this weight sample even too far fetched to take it seriously.

SBK is spot on with her comment about online deals compared with office prices, it's the same in a hotel, walk in prices are most of the times more expensive than online deals.

You guys should be a little bit more careful about what you complain. There are plenty of things that aren't right with BKK air, especially their pricing service but some things that you guys come up with are easily explainable with common sense or are practices that are not exclusive to BKK Air.

Edited by limbos

trouble is , every topic ever started on BKK air always turns into a rant !, i think it is time to make a pinned ' Bangkok Airways Rant Thread '

Wonderful idea. All we get is the same old rants, same old posters and nothing ever constructive. Everybody agrees that the fares are too expensive please let it be pinned and have done with it.

My beer was hot & my food was cold.cool.gif

i got a better deal with lastminute.com £400 from BKK only £200 from lastminute for 2 people return.

what dates?, i ust looked on the site and the cheapest was 164 Per Adult , with the other flights at 204 per adult, and the most expensive 254 return

My beer was hot & my food was cold.cool.gif

i got a better deal with lastminute.com £400 from BKK only £200 from lastminute for 2 people return.

what dates?, i ust looked on the site and the cheapest was 164 Per Adult , with the other flights at 204 per adult, and the most expensive 254 return

i booked mine 15/05/11 when i booked my flight from the UK to BKK. it was more expensive to book them separate.land on 21/09/11 15.50 from BKK

Edited by doingok

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since this thread was bumped!:lol:

Anyway, reading through the Bangkok Air website, it appears that they have a promotion whereby you get double points for a flight booked, paid for, and used between 1 September and 31 December of this year. Promotional prices don't qualify, but it has been a while since I have had that choice anway!!

If you are a member of their frequent flyer program, then instead of 10 points per flight (eg USM-BKK) you get 20 points. You need 100 points to get a free flight, so quite a respectable boost.

Assuming of course that I have read all the small print correctly!:unsure:

Whilst i wholeheartedly despise this airline if anyone hears of any promotions similar to the 4000 baht Bangers rtn could they please post on here. It saves time having to trawl through their endless "promotions that are fantastic but already gone" website.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that there is a promotion at the moment on Bkk air website, same as last year (circa 2,500 THB USM - BKK).

The special rates apply for some flights (early morning and late evening). You have until Oct. 7th to book and you can fly between 1-30 November.

Booked my tickets already, round trip 5,000 THB

Just to let you know that there is a promotion at the moment on Bkk air website, same as last year (circa 2,500 THB USM - BKK).

The special rates apply for some flights (early morning and late evening). You have until Oct. 7th to book and you can fly between 1-30 November.

Booked my tickets already, round trip 5,000 THB

Thank you for the update samui34 - I agree with Carmine here, but I will "not look a gift horse in the mouth!"

• 5 weeks later...

Time for another rant!!

I need to cancel a flight on Bangkok "rip off" Airways so naturally assuming the boutique experience will extend to a simple procedure on their website...which to their credit it now seems to be on the booking side.

Well I clicked on the refund section and filled in the form...remembering to click the tick box at the bottom....when I did so the SEND button lit up and I clicked on it A HUNDRED F******** TIMES.....

Nothing happens.....typical of the airline....as the Eagles song goes..."You can never leave...."

Anyone got a number for cancelling a flight other than the Bangkok "we will keep you on the line for half an hour before answering just to test your commitment" number.

Ta.

Edit: Yes I emailed them three days ago and still no reply.[/left][/font][/color]

Edited by sbk
email removed per forum rules

Time for another rant!!

I need to cancel a flight on Bangkok "rip off" Airways so naturally assuming the boutique experience will extend to a simple procedure on their website...which to their credit it now seems to be on the booking side.

Well I clicked on the refund section and filled in the form...remembering to click the tick box at the bottom....when I did so the SEND button lit up and I clicked on it A HUNDRED F******** TIMES.....

Nothing happens.....typical of the airline....as the Eagles song goes..."You can never leave...."

Anyone got a number for cancelling a flight other than the Bangkok "we will keep you on the line for half an hour before answering just to test your commitment" number.

Ta.

Edit: Yes I emailed them . three days ago and still no reply.[/left][/font][/color]

Hmmm, don't be surprised if you've been charged 100 F****** cancellation fees, you probably owe them money now biggrin.gif

Edited by sbk

Hehe, with anyone else you wouldn't think they had an agenda but it BKK Airways we're dealing with here. :rolleyes:

Indeed, and they have had it in for that smokie36 guy for as long as I can remember.:rolleyes:

Joking aside, having never needed to cancel a flight before, is there an option to take a credit for another flight?

I'm glad you are all finding this so amusing so I'd better add to the fun. Today I tried filling out the feedback form so they know how pissed off I am and received this when i clicked on the send button...

ERROR on addInquiriesFeedback function

It reminds me of the old Mr and Mrs TV show with the soundproofed booth...except BA staff are locked in forever....

Ahh I got a message from 'em at last...

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Bangkok Airways. This is a Customer Service Request Update Notification from Bangkok Airways regarding SR Number # xxxxxx , which you opened with the Bangkok Airways Reservation Center.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve your requirement. We strive to respond to all e-mails as soon as possible. We will inform the relevant party of your request and they will attend to you soon.

For a new issue, please write via

***Note: This message was sent automatically. Please do not reply.***

Sincerely yours,

Reservation Center

Edited by sbk
email removed per forum rules