The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

Since so many threads go off topic and end up in a BKK Airways rant lets dedicate a thread for you all.

Just for starters do you think they will go for the super value economy 10000 baht BKK/Samui return this Christmas and new year? If they did would you be ok with this this if Godon Ramsey was preparing the mid flight snack?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd pay 10k return for biz class no probs. On the food no need for any swearing on board just the chinese chicken and noodles like they used to serve will do nicely.

Now for my rant....mainly directed at 6am flights and frankly why would anyone want to do this to themselves in order to save 1000 Baht?

Yes a friend was asked to book us flights to Bangkok a while back and being the cheapskate he is I found myself waiting outside at 4.30am for the taxi which never showed up...cue a walk along Bophut until a taxi took pity and overcharged us for the 'pleasure' of not missing our flight....ahhh the stale cheese roll....the hangover....and arrival in Bangers before the pubs have even opened.

So I ask you is it really worth 1000 Baht? Well OP what's your opinion?

carmine, get used to it, and enjoy life. BKK AIR is not going to lower there prices for samui, cos they built samui airport shopping street, and it will take 40 years or so to cover there money

We are lucky that now there is an alternative way via boat and nok air.

Yes it takes longer, how many thai visa members are going to use it?

Samui is an up and coming place for people with money, and they dont mind paying 100 pounds for a 45 mins flight.

Don,t frown too much, at least your house will go up in value, when this becomes the peurto benis [ or however you spell it] of spain

How many Bangkok Airways rant threads do you need???

And this is just since April

(there are others but they didn't have Bangkok Airways in the title, I thought I'd go for the obvious rant ones)

carmine, get used to it, and enjoy life. BKK AIR is not going to lower there prices for samui, cos they built samui airport shopping street, and it will take 40 years or so to cover there money

We are lucky that now there is an alternative way via boat and nok air.

Yes it takes longer, how many thai visa members are going to use it?

Samui is an up and coming place for people with money, and they dont mind paying 100 pounds for a 45 mins flight.

Don,t frown too much, at least your house will go up in value, when this becomes the peurto benis [ or however you spell it] of spain

Missed the point. Its not MY rant thread....its everyones official rant thread, so that other topics don't keep getting thrown off topic. ;)

as one of the members quite rightly mentioned in another thread, what Bangkok Air does with their pricing policy damages the local tourism more than the prospective oil rigs. How many people - even from the richest countries - can afford to pay over 4000 baht one way for a 1 hour flight? Currently their prices are more expensive than for 1 hour flight in Europe on non-low-budget airlines, not talking about the US.

Perhaps the only way to control the greed is to have Samui Tourist Accosiation or those responsible to development of local tourism in the local administration on the management board of Bangkok Air.

I understand of course that writing it here will not help at all. Pretty sure Bangkok Air does not read thaivisa forums.

Can we say for the sake of sanity that its more expensive to fly to Samui than Phuket. Thanks now movingon.....

Flights in the UK to the surrounding islands such as Shetland Jersey etc are also more expensive than say to Glasgow or Manchester. So really comparable fares except the most important of course which is Phuket....well that's just the way it is....

EDIT: Just to add walk up fare Jersey to London return circa 2003 was £420 economy class. :whistling:

Edited by smokie36

• 3 weeks later...

80 Baht for a can of Singha.......served up to me on the prop......someone is taking the........:angry:

3700 Baht flight.......Boutique prices my......

:annoyed: Half decent?.....fair??......value for money???.........and and and!!!

Dick Turpin. Airlines.....pride of Samui. ;)

Let's not forget the bitjes in the ticket office that lie for a living.

My manager had to go to Bangkok because her daughter had a bit of a problem. ( The daughter is in boarding school there.)

We checked the web-site and they had some discounted availability on that day's flights.

Manager does not have a credit card and so we jumped into the jeep and off to the ticket office. 10 minutes later - at the ticket office.

"Sorry, we only have full fare flights available today!"

"Eh?" says I. "There were quite a few discounted flights when we checked 10 - 15 minutes ago!"

"Sorry" says Cruella de Ville. "All gone."

So we dutifully paid the full whack and came back home.

Yes- you got it right.

Checked the internet again and still some discounted availability for the day . :bah::bah::bah:

My manager now goes to and from Bangkok on the bus.

My manager had to go to Bangkok because her daughter had a bit of a problem. ( The daughter is in boarding school there.)

We checked the web-site and they had some discounted availability on that day's flights.

Manager does not have a credit card and so we jumped into the jeep and off to the ticket office. 10 minutes later - at the ticket office.

"Eh?" says I. "There were quite a few discounted flights when we checked 10 - 15 minutes ago!"

Yes- you got it right.

Checked the internet again and still some discounted availability for the day . :bah::bah::bah:

Sorry, can't see nothing with that, that's what the majority of hotels do as well, if you book online you get a preferred rate compare to walk up. Now this may vary from hotel to hotel and your bartering skills, but in general this is common practice and I can't blame BKK Air for this, at least, in my humble opinion.

Hope ya'all can see the difference of defending BBK Air and pointing out a common practice which is used all over the world.

Edited by limbos

Yes- you got it right.

Sorry, can't see nothing with that, that's what the majority of hotels do as well, if you book online you get a preferred rate compare to walk up. Now this may vary from hotel to hotel and your bartering skills, but in general this is common practice and I can't blame BKK Air for this, at least, in my humble opinion.

Hope ya'all can see the difference of defending BBK Air and pointing out a common practice which is used all over the world.

Normally walk-in can be lower as well, all depends on season etc. Personally I have no problems with prices of PG, I fly at least twice a month to/from BKK. TG has funny flight times and is basically the same price. Can't be bothered to take ferry/bus/ or flight from Surat. The last 15-20 flights I took were well on time, the food is okay (at least in business class) and I don't drink Singha anyway, but would pay 100 Baht for decent beer.

Normally walk-in can be lower as well, all depends on season etc. Personally I have no problems with prices of PG, I fly at least twice a month to/from BKK. TG has funny flight times and is basically the same price. Can't be bothered to take ferry/bus/ or flight from Surat. The last 15-20 flights I took were well on time, the food is okay (at least in business class) and I don't drink Singha anyway, but would pay 100 Baht for decent beer.

Beer is "free" in biz class even for a Heineken wow......food is pretending to be a step up but in reality still way below what used to be offered when prices were around 2k Baht economy.

Every flight I've ever taken was on time......can't be bothered yeah same same.....

3700 Baht for the prop one way.......nah its a proper piss take.

Beer is "free" in biz class even for a Heineken wow......food is pretending to be a step up but in reality still way below what used to be offered when prices were around 2k Baht economy.

Every flight I've ever taken was on time......can't be bothered yeah same same.....

3700 Baht for the prop one way.......nah its a proper piss take.

I don't drink Heineken anyway :bah: and honestly, I couldn't care less about the price as I said.....

How many Bangkok Airways rant threads do you need???

http://www.thaivisa....tt-bangkok-air/

http://www.thaivisa....angkok-airways/

http://www.thaivisa....angkok-airways/

And this is just since April

(there are others but they didn't have Bangkok Airways in the title, I thought I'd go for the obvious rant ones)

I totally agree. The last 5 years there have been at least 10-15 Topics about Bangkok Air. Personally I thing Bangkok Air is a very good aviation company. The have friendly staff, good service, lot of destination i Thailand and surrounding countries. The only negative I can find regarding the company is the price-policy Samui-Bangkok-Samui. But now there are a lot of alternatives to go this distance to different prices. So stop complaining, and use the transport you can afford. Or go somewhere else.

• Like 1

:realangry: well i was just looking at booking flights for songkran bkk to usm 9th april back 23rd no options other than the 4585 out and 4785 back OR 3160 if you fancy a 6am or 10pm, now that equates to £195 return in uk money. BYE BYE SAMUI, HELLO KRABI/PHUCKET. Edited by BusyBee123

:realangry: well i was just looking at booking flights for songkran bkk to usm 9th april back 23rd no options other than the 4585 out and 4785 back OR 3160 if you fancy a 6am or 10pm, now that equates to £195 return in uk money. BYE BYE SAMUI, HELLO KRABI/PHUCKET.

you could always try Airasia

DepartFD3181 Bangkok (BKK) to Surat Thani (URT)Saturday, 9 April 2011Depart 0700 Arrive 0810<BR xmlns:formatterExtension="urn:navitaire:formatters:currency">1,296.00 THB1 Guest @ 1,296.00 THB 197.72 THB Airport charges & fees ReturnFD3182 Surat Thani (URT) to Bangkok (BKK)Saturday, 23 April 2011Depart 0845 Arrive 0955<BR xmlns:formatterExtension="urn:navitaire:formatters:currency">1,296.00 THB1 Guest @ 1,296.00 THB 144.22 THB Airport charges & fees 2,933.94 THB Total