• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got my refund.....less 2000 Baht tea money of course....annoyed.gif

Does that mean you are not coming over to see us all

i think Smokie has found a new Paradise, free of al the hundreds of negatives Samui has, but all of the posatives !

i think Smokie has found a new Paradise, free of al the hundreds of negatives Samui has, but all of the posatives !

If cheaper beer is a positive, I'll go with that. rolleyes.gif

If cheaper beer is a positive, I'll go with that. rolleyes.gif

i here the Beer is half the price of Samui ,the birds are far more better , the beaches are cleaner, roads are safer ................ i better stop before people want to know where it is

i here the Beer is half the price of Samui ,the birds are far more better , the beaches are cleaner, roads are safer ................ i better stop before people want to know where it is

He is not going back to India again , is he? thumbsup.gifgiggle.gif

Nope. For your info Rooo beer is in US$ 30cents a big bottle...much better quality too.....a lot less than half price.....biggrin.gif

Enjoy your Chang....cool.gif

Edit: I just checked the conversion...its 15 Baht a large bottle! laugh.gif

2nd Edit: Food is great even in the cheap places...but the top places in town charge 200 Baht for a real quality meal.

Traffic is limited to pushbikes in the centre of town.....no motorbikes and defo no cars. Paradise....oh and the pristine beach is but a short hop away....biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

Nope. For your info Rooo beer is in US$ 30cents a big bottle...much better quality too.....a lot less than half price.....biggrin.gif

2nd Edit: Food is great even in the cheap places...but the top places in town charge 200 Baht for a real quality meal.

Traffic is limited to pushbikes in the centre of town.....no motorbikes and defo no cars. Paradise....oh and the pristine beach is but a short hop away....biggrin.gif

My lips are sealed. Bangkok Air paid me lol.

My lips are sealed. Bangkok Air paid me lol.

I didn't think they flew to Pattaya, Rooo? unsure.gif

THAI offers special fares for southern routes

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) has reduced is fares for southern routes following the threat of flooding of the main gateway road to the South.

THAI President Piyasvati Amranand said the fare have been reduced in accordance with the request made by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and the Transport Ministry.

THAI will offer "Southern Thailand Flood Relief" special fare tickets, which are 47-58% from regular ticket prices.

This special fare is effective from Friday to December 10.

THAI will operate flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport to southern provinces with a total capacity of 5,039 seats per day and will add more flights and changing the aircrafts if needed for accommodating passengers and cargo services.

The following are special prices:

Bangkok-Surat Thani: from regular fare of Bt4,290, reduced to Bt1,820

Bangkok-Krabi: from regular fare of Bt4,490, reduced to Bt1,920

Bangkok-Phuket: from regular fare of Bt4,675, reduced to Bt2,015

Bangkok-Hat Yai: from regular fare of Bt5,155, reduced to Bt2,255

Bangkok-Samui: from regular fare of Bt6,360, reduce to Bt2,930

(The ticket fare includes fuel surcharge, but excludes airport tax)

For more information, please call the THAI Contact Center at Tel. 02-356-1111 or THAI's ticketing office or www.thaiairways.com.

For more information, please call the THAI Contact Center at Tel. 02-356-1111 or THAI's ticketing office or www.thaiairways.com.

Indeed .... don't bother with the website as they seem to be showing only the usual THB 3900 - THB a lot more prices.

Indeed .... don't bother with the website as they seem to be showing only the usual THB 3900 - THB a lot more prices.

The original artical on Thai Visa Travel News quoted

" The discount prices may not be available on the Thai Airways website, but customers may call the company's contact center at 02-356 1111 to buy tickets, Mrs Yuparit said.

Discounted tickets are also available at the Thai Airways ticketing office at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

All Airports of Thailand (AoT) airports, including Phuket Intenational, will charge an additional 100-baht airport tax. Non-AoT airports will levy a tax of at least 150 baht, she added."

So, the left hand giveth and the right hand receiveth. (Assuming that you can get through on the number of course!)

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you familiar with this airline may enjoy my letter to them, which I have posted here:

http://www.thaivisa....angkok-airways/

Nice letter :clap2:

Unfortunately I think that you are correct in assuming that it will make no difference. Bangkok Airways' priority seems to be first time people. Get them in, and eventually pxss them off.

They now seem to be arrogant, conceited and DGAF. They used to be good (and the food was enjoyable).

Well written letter! It is unbelivable that they dont give you better service as a premium member, never heard of this before. Have you got any answer from them on this e-mail? I guess not, but would be fun to hear what they had to say :)

• 2 weeks later...

I flew in from BKK to USM at the weekend and was surprised to be offered a meal service. Back to the old days of a tray with juice, water, plate of sandwiches, small dessert and tea/coffee. Not huge volume as usual, not that I wanted it. Just thought it interesting that this is back on the 'menu'.

The people (if any) who read this letter at BKK Airways office must have laughed their tail fins off. It's people like you that give BKK Airways what they need -- customers who will continue to fly with them regardless. I don't know how many times you have to fly BKK Airways to be a "Premium" flier, but I assume it is a lot. Unless this is the very first time you have ever had a problem with them (I am guessing it is not), you put paid to the notion held by the airlines that people will not vote with their feet (and never fly BKK Airlines again) and instead simply grouse about it online and in "letters." If you were a first-time customer or nearly so of BKK Airways, I'd feel your pain, but you've been coming back to the BKK Airways trough for ages it seems. It's like a masochist thing going on.

As for the meals, I just took a flight that was an hour and thirty minutes and had a set (hot) meal. It was truly awful, and I am not fussy about food. Why on earth spend the time and money (our potential savings) on food on a one-hour or more flight. Forget the fact that it's mush. Who needs food for such short haul flights? Bizarre.

The bottom line is that BKK Airlines flies DIRECT to and from Samui, period. If you are a premium flier, it is because you find the trade-off with AirAsia via Surat undesirable or inconvenient and are willing to pay the additional money to fly DIRECT.

No one in their right mind would fly BKK Airlines on any other domestic flight that does not include Samui.

insertmembernamehere, on Today, 10:29 , said:

The people (if any) who read this letter at BKK Airways office must have laughed their tail fins off. It's people like you that give BKK Airways what they need -- customers who will continue to fly with them regardless. I don't know how many times you have to fly BKK Airways to be a "Premium" flier, but I assume it is a lot. Unless this is the very first time you have ever had a problem with them (I am guessing it is not), you put paid to the notion held by the airlines that people will not vote with their feet (and never fly BKK Airlines again) and instead simply grouse about it online and in "letters." If you were a first-time customer or nearly so of BKK Airways, I'd feel your pain, but you've been coming back to the BKK Airways trough for ages it seems. It's like a masochist thing going on.

As for the meals, I just took a flight that was an hour and thirty minutes and had a set (hot) meal. It was truly awful, and I am not fussy about food. Why on earth spend the time and money (our potential savings) on food on a one-hour or more flight. Forget the fact that it's mush. Who needs food for such short haul flights? Bizarre.

The bottom line is that BKK Airlines flies DIRECT to and from Samui, period. If you are a premium flier, it is because you find the trade-off with AirAsia via Surat undesirable or inconvenient and are willing to pay the additional money to fly DIRECT.

No one in their right mind would fly BKK Airlines on any other domestic flight that does not include Samui.

Having established that you have very high principles by advising those posters who choose to travel on BKK Airways that they

are idiots ----- How come you travel on them???

Does it not occur to you that their reasons may be as good as yours?

OK - let's call the kettle black. :shock1:

We all fly Bandit Airways because we have no real choice. :o

I work for a living on the island, and the loss of money/time for me to travel any other way makes it a no brainer. AND BANDIT AIRWAYS KNOWS THIS and they do not care about us. :crying:

So - I vote with my feet and only travel with them when I have to. I no longer do pleasure trips/holiday with Bandit Airways. I do go to Malaysia though.

Ahh I feel better now. :mellow:

By the way, you are correct - no one needs the meal on the plane, but it keeps someone's kids in a job. (I got food poisoning the last time that I flew with them.)

Spindle wrote:

Having established that you have very high principles by advising those posters who choose to travel on BKK Airways that they

Uh....where did I say anyone was an "idiot"?

Read the above post by Tropicalevo, please. "We all fly Bandit Airways because we have no real choice."

Indeed, so for those with a choice, e.g. simple traveling for the pleasure of it, don't fly with them if you feel strongly about their practices.

"I work for a living on the island, and the loss of money/time for me to travel any other way makes it a no brainer. AND BANDIT AIRWAYS KNOWS THIS and they do not care about us."

Thus my point.

I travel with BKK Airways and loathe them. If that makes me a black pot, so be it.

BKK Airways charges its fares on the same principle as, "Why does a dog lick its balls?".....

Edited by Rooo
fixed quote

Spindle wrote:

Uh....where did I say anyone was an "idiot"?

Read the above post by Tropicalevo, please. "We all fly Bandit Airways because we have no real choice."

Indeed, so for those with a choice, e.g. simple traveling for the pleasure of it, don't fly with them if you feel strongly about their practices.

"I work for a living on the island, and the loss of money/time for me to travel any other way makes it a no brainer. AND BANDIT AIRWAYS KNOWS THIS and they do not care about us."

Thus my point.

I travel with BKK Airways and loathe them. If that makes me a black pot, so be it.

BKK Airways charges its fares on the same principle as, "Why does a dog lick its balls?".....

Of course you have a choice, just travel on one of the El cheapo airlines from Surat or Nakhorn or train/bus etc.

The reason I disagree with your post is because I have spent years commuting from Heathrow to Brussels and Paris.

The distance to these places is shorter than Samui to BKK yet MORE expensive (BMA/BA/AF) than BKK Airways.

But the clincher for me is that I can stagger into the Samui check-in on a Monday morning and because I am organised enough to

have pre-booked my seat the night before I do not have any queue waiting time.

Furthermore, because I book through the main office in BKK I get a discount,and after giving my residents card number I rarely have to pay more than 3500Baht total each way.

Obviously the cost is more than I would wish but in my opinion the fares compare favourably with equivalent European operators if you are organised, and the free flight for every 10 sectors brings down the overall costs even more.

Travelling from the Airports in Europe and the USA is a nightmare compared with Samui. I reckon an extra hour and a half when travelling through LHR/BRU So for me, commuting from Samui is a joy compared with the LHR experience.

Ready for incoming.

Of course you have a choice, just travel on one of the El cheapo airlines from Surat or Nakhorn or train/bus etc.

The reason I disagree with your post is because I have spent years commuting from Heathrow to Brussels and Paris.

The distance to these places is shorter than Samui to BKK yet MORE expensive (BMA/BA/AF) than BKK Airways.

But the clincher for me is that I can stagger into the Samui check-in on a Monday morning and because I am organised enough to

Furthermore, because I book through the main office in BKK I get a discount,and after giving my residents card number I rarely have to pay more than 3500Baht total each way.

Obviously the cost is more than I would wish but in my opinion the fares compare favourably with equivalent European operators if you are organised, and the free flight for every 10 sectors brings down the overall costs even more.

Travelling from the Airports in Europe and the USA is a nightmare compared with Samui. I reckon an extra hour and a half when travelling through LHR/BRU So for me, commuting from Samui is a joy compared with the LHR experience.

Ready for incoming.

Hey Spindle - I cannot really disagree with your comments, but you are comparing apples with mangos.

I too used to do the - 4 am go to LHR for the 2 hour check-in for a quick hop to France/Holland/Germany etc etc. But it is an International flight with all of the fuss and palaver of immigration and "you must be there two hours before or you may not be allowed to board". And this was before 9/11.

Samui to Bangkok is a domestic puddle hop.

Ready for incoming.

Hey Spindle - I cannot really disagree with your comments, but you are comparing apples with mangos.

I too used to do the - 4 am go to LHR for the 2 hour check-in for a quick hop to France/Holland/Germany etc etc. But it is an International flight with all of the fuss and palaver of immigration and "you must be there two hours before or you may not be allowed to board". And this was before 9/11.

Jersey to gatwick yesterday...£46.20. Or 2250 Baht.

Ready for incoming.

Maybe a puddle hop but Samui to BKK is still further than the airports I quoted ...Paris and Brussels from LHR and less expensive if trying to compare.

I have travelled right through to LHR from the International channel at Samui and it is still a much more pleasurable experience (if you can call it that) than any other International airport I have used.

The reason I disagree with your post is because I have spent years commuting from Heathrow to Brussels and Paris.The distance to these places is shorter than Samui to BKK yet MORE expensive (BMA/BA/AF) than BKK Airways.

You are forgetting that since Bangkok Airways OWNS the airport in Samui, they do not have to pay any usage charges, landing fees or hangar fees, etc. If it were about pure distance, then explain how AirAsia can fly Surat to Bangkok for less than half the price compared to Bangkok Airways. Distance is not an issue here.

Edited by insertmembernamehere

The reason I disagree with your post is because I have spent years commuting from Heathrow to Brussels and Paris.The distance to these places is shorter than Samui to BKK yet MORE expensive (BMA/BA/AF) than BKK Airways.

You are forgetting that since Bangkok Airways OWNS the airport in Samui, they do not have to pay any usage charges, landing fees or hangar fees, etc. If it were about pure distance, then explain how AirAsia can fly Surat to Bangkok for less than half the price compared to Bangkok Airways. Distance is not an issue here.

Of course they pay charges, they own the airport and all the upkeep/utilities have to be paid for. Air Traffic Control/ATS Navigation charges have to be paid for.

Surat is a Govt airport subsidised by the tax payer as is Nakhorn and the landing fees are far cheaper than Samui that is the reason for not operating here as the fares would then be a lot more.

Anyway as said before if you feel that strongly about it, take the El cheapo flights. I really can't be bothered as I value my time/sleep even though I recognise that there may be some dubious cost savings to be made.

Interested to note that you mention hangar fees, where exactly are these buildings sited?? Does this reflect the accuracy of your other statements?

Of course they pay charges, they own the airport and all the upkeep/utilities have to be paid for. Air Traffic Control/ATS Navigation charges have to be paid for.

Surat is a Govt airport subsidised by the tax payer as is Nakhorn and the landing fees are far cheaper than Samui.

OK, I am not an expert, but if I own my own airport, would I be paying landing fees to myself? I would assume landing fees in Samui, for Bangkok Airways, are ziltch, or a billion baht a landing, since it just goes from one pocket to the other.

By hangar, I meant related costs of an aircraft being on the tarmac; sorry for the mistake.