Dtac Edge Microsim

gkinbkk

HAve been using a DTAC micro sim in iPad for about 6 weeks now. When I first got it I really thought the product was pretty good but in the last couple of weeks it has been absolute <deleted>.

My work email times out while trying to contact the server constantly and for about 1 week I cannot get on facebook using the DTAC network. Everything else is fine, wireless at home, Starhub 3G in Singapore all worked brilliantly.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Is True any better? Are there some settings I have configured incorrectly? (not that I imagine what they'd be, the iPad is a very simple device!)

for my iPad, Im pretty happy with my pre-paid iMobile 3GX sim card (cut down to micro-size) [samart iMobile is an MVNO-mobile virtual network operator for TOT 3G]

it only costs B99 to get.....activate the sim card first in a regular phone...then cut it down to micro-size..insert it into your iPad and you will have 3G connection (as well as WiFi connections at wifi hotspots around town)

then when you want to top up, just buy a iMobile 3GX top up card at any 7-11 or iMobile shop....

then go online here http://3gx.samartwip.com/3gx/refill.jsp

type in your sim card phone number....and type in your top-up serial and pin numbers and its topped up!....you can also check your balance by clicking the green-yellow bar on the same page B)

I have a 3G air card and used DTAC and AIS. I think they both ought to give this crap - internet connection - away for FREE. I think it totally sucks. We went to TRUE to inquire a/b a satellite hook up like TOT offers for Bt2,600 a month!!!!! TRUE states they will have this "in the new year." LOL didn't say which new year however. But they said AIS aircard is the best. LOL my speed is 236kbps. YIKES !!! Oh were the days of fast internet and downloading (in BKK).

A friend of mine in USA pays Bt500 with superfast internet....