Those Small Screen Portable Dvd Players

jaideeguy

I've been looking at the low priced battery/12vDC/and 240v AC dvd players with usb input and DIVX features [7-9inch screens]. Lots now on the market and priced rediculously low [3,000-5,000thb]

. the names that I remember [and there are more] are Acronic{sp?], A.J., Nano, and more 'no name' brands along side the big names, Sony Phillips at 2X the price. The salesman who spoke nitnoi English told me that A.J. and acronic were made in Thailand ahd had service center in CM.....do I believe him??

Great little machines to entertain the kids on long drive trips and they have a video/audio out that you can use in those hotel rooms where only Thai channels are offered. Also good for air trips [if the battery life is decent].

Questions.....

what are the better brands??

which ones would have the longest battery life

and are they really made in Thailand?? or China.....not that it makes much difference?/

giving this a quick bump .....finding it hard to believe that no one can comment on these cheap, common gadgets that are now flooding the market. Every superstore has several brands and models to choose from.

I have one from Haier, which I bought in the U.S. It didn't cost much and has performed reliably for over a year. We take it on trips and it takes some of the DVD's that others reject. Can't recommend any others but would try to buy a brand that has a great service center. I do have an Aconatic DVD player (not portable) that was fairly cheap and has lasted me several years, however, have yet to use their service center.

Edited by mauiguy90

giving this a quick bump .....finding it hard to believe that no one can comment on these cheap, common gadgets that are now flooding the market. Every superstore has several brands and models to choose from.

I have one from Haier, which I bought in the U.S. It didn't cost much and has performed reliably for over a year. We take it on trips and it takes some of the DVD's that others reject. Can't recommend any others but would try to buy a brand that has a great service center. I do have an Aconatic DVD player (not portable) that was fairly cheap and has lasted me several years, however, have yet to use their service center.

I have "Shinco",good Chinese brand,not expensive.I am not sure,if they have presence in Thailand.You have to check screen resolution - 800x480 or 800x600

it should be;if less it looks crappy;screen should be viewable from wide angles(very common fault:narrow angle - one person can look only).Another thing - in practice,screen which you can rotate make the player more usefull.You can find players from well known brands - Sony,Panasonic,Philips,but their quality varies as well.

With Sony - you will not lose,but you will pay.Take your own dvd to shop and test;pictures(photos) are good test - better,then movies only,play some music(check what format it plays),make sure,that it is "region free" - testing dvd from different regions(specification can say,that it is only for one region - BS!)

I bought such a portable DVD player for the kids on long trips with the car. I believe battery life is crucial, which is why I choose a Sony. A bit more expensive that the others but also double battery life.

And it came with two headsets, one for each kids, so no fighting there :lol:

It can be attached to the back of the front seat, hanging from the head rest and so far has worked fine. The kids can operate it, and even I was able to figure out how it works. :whistling:

I bought such a portable DVD player for the kids on long trips with the car. I believe battery life is crucial, which is why I choose a Sony. A bit more expensive that the others but also double battery life.

And it came with two headsets, one for each kids, so no fighting there :lol:

It can be attached to the back of the front seat, hanging from the head rest and so far has worked fine. The kids can operate it, and even I was able to figure out how it works. :whistling:

What is the model, where did you get it, and how much is it?

Edited by Condo_bk