Remote Backup Solution

sajal

hey all...

i curently have a server colocated runing windows 2003 server

i need to know about a good backup solution...

now when i take a backup (using the bundled MS backup) the backup file is abt 10 gigs....

it took me over a day to dl it to my computer....

now i want to do a incremental backup on the server....so only the files changed would be added to the backup....

the problem is after doing the incremental backup, id still need to download the entire backup back to my computer...this eats a lot of bandwidth...

i want to be able to download only the changed files and patch it up with the previous backup i have downloaded the pervious day.....

is this possible thru the ms backup? if so then how to go abt is?

else what software to use for this purpose?

cheers.

thanks a lot wolfie...

but this software doesnt solve my problems...

this one is only for documents...not system files in use.....

plus i need something which would backup only changed files....and i could download the backup(containing only changed files)...and intigrate it with the master backup i have at home....

the main intention is to save bandwidth.

im using windows backup currently.....each time i do a backup i have to download a full 10 GB....takes hours....and also eats up my bandwidth limit at the server....

wht im looking for is after ive downloaded the 10 GB once, i should be able to download only the changed files and integrate i wid the 10GB backup i had downloaded earlier...

also if any problems happens at the server, i should be able to restore the server frm scratch....(remotely or at the console)...

Not sure if this counts as advertisement, but I'm currently developing a secure backup-app (up to 448bit encrypted traffic) for off-location backups using secure transfers and only of altered files and so on.

Unless we talk on DC first, please list the needs you have here or in a PM and I can look into it. Maybe it's already supported...