Where To Buy Water Pump For Large Water Bottles In Bangkok

gonzobrains

Hi,I need a hand pump you can place on the spout of large water bottles (the kind you would turn upside-down on an office water cool).I saw on in Bang Saen a couple years ago but can't find them in Bangkok. I want to refill smaller bottles which are more convenient to use than muscling around a 5-gallon jug.Thanks,gb

Any hardware store will have those plastic concertina type pumps ..long tube topped by a usually red concertina (size of small jamjar) with exit tube on the side..cheap and nasty but cheap as chips to buy. Alternatively I have also seen "tilting" metal frames to accommodate water bottles.

We use an office type water cooler...worth considering...about 4000 baht I think.

We got ours from our water supplier (sprinkle) but I am sure the others have them as well.

Very happy with the service overall, they deliver once a week (no more lugging one litre bottle from the store) and we fill up nice glass containers for the fridge that are easy to keep clean.

I got mine at either Tesco, Big C or Carrefour. Saw them there the other day when I was wandering around. It is dang hard to use. Doesn't work very well. Mine is a long tube that goes in from the top with a blue "pump" that you squeeze to get the water out. It barely worked and leaked all over. But it is cheap! I ended up seeing a sale on water coolers at Carrefour. 1500 baht...so got one of these and just don't plug it in.

In the US, I have seen small water jugs that fit on the counter and holds the bottles. I have also seen stands that hold the bottle and you can then tip the bottle to fill other bottles. Looked all over for these and have never seen them.

Any hardware store will have those plastic concertina type pumps ..long tube topped by a usually red concertina (size of small jamjar) with exit tube on the side..cheap and nasty but cheap as chips to buy. Alternatively I have also seen "tilting" metal frames to accommodate water bottles.

We use an office type water cooler...worth considering...about 4000 baht I think.

Well, I'm looking all over the Chatuchak area and can't find one. I did see that tilting gizmo when I was out in the sticks once. I should have picked one up then.

I don't have room for a water cooler. Good idea though. Maybe I should just get a siphon. I've seen some with a little squeezable pump integrated in them.

gb

Well, I'm looking all over the Chatuchak area and can't find one. I did see that tilting gizmo when I was out in the sticks once. I should have picked one up then.

I don't have room for a water cooler. Good idea though. Maybe I should just get a siphon. I've seen some with a little squeezable pump integrated in them.

gb

who do you buy your water from? Ask them.

I got an office type watercooler too. I just fill the big bottles with water from my filter system. I never have to buy any water and i got it cool all the time.

Just got back from Tesco, S. Pattaya. Have those pump things there. Cheap! Definitely worth a try.

They are in the area with garden hoses and sprayers. As you enter, head to your right and back about 1/2 way or so...on the right closer to the back wall.

I found one at Big C for 29 baht. Kinda cheap and leaks a little bit but it works. I'm thinking of buying an electric pump from hong kong (on ebay) for 500 baht. Runs on D batteries and attaches to the top of the spout.

The electric pump works fine.

I found one at Big C for 29 baht. Kinda cheap and leaks a little bit but it works. I'm thinking of buying an electric pump from hong kong (on ebay) for 500 baht. Runs on D batteries and attaches to the top of the spout.

I just signed up with Nestle for delivery a week and a half ago and with the service they provided the electric pump that runs off of a D size battery. Works great but does not quite go to the bottom of the bottle. Have to take the cap off the new bottle and place on the old one until I can use up the rest of the water in the old bottle. Not saying you should use Nestle (even though I am happy with their service and it is a lot cheaper than buying in the store), but maybe they will sell their pump if you give them a call.

The electric pump works fine.

where did you get on in thailand?

• 1 month later...

Just buy a length of plastic tubing, and siphon from the large bottle to the smaller ones.

Any of these mom and pop stores, or the stores operated by old Chinese ladies will have some.

Believe it or not, I had a helluva time finding a cheap siphon for awhile. Then I went to Big C in Lad Prao. Got one for about 30 baht or so. It leaks, but it will work until I get an electric pump. The people from Nestle give it away for free if you opt for their delivery service. I just chose to buy one from ebay.