Best Road Bkk-Ko Chang For Bike?

thomo

Probably gonna take the CBR150 down to Ko Chang for a week next month, will plan for a one day ride down, but what's the best road, doesn't really matter if it adds 100km or so to the journey, just some motorway the entire way might be a bit boring/tedious.

The 344 until you hit Rd. 3 looks the most straight forward way, but what about the 304 to Sa Kaeo then the 317 down to Rd. 3.

Anybody ever bike it?

Cheers.

Yes, it does look like a nicer ride on google maps though... the 317 coming down next to some forest by the looks of things.

Also, I think I remember hearing that we have to pay 400b to arrive on the Island as it's a national park, is this true, or am I imaging it?? Thanks.

Yes, it does look like a nicer ride on google maps though... the 317 coming down next to some forest by the looks of things.

Also, I think I remember hearing that we have to pay 400b to arrive on the Island as it's a national park, is this true, or am I imaging it?? Thanks.

Never had to pay a fee for Koh Chang. I think Koh Samet is the one that is regarded as a National Park and charges the entry fee.

If you are in no hurry to get to Koh Chang from Pattaya take the coast road for as much of the way as you can. Takes you past Rayong, Ban Phe towards Klaeng and Chantaburi. Some very nice beaches, great views and hardly any traffic. Much more interesting than just staying on Highway 3