Web Site Hotel Bookings (In Thailand)

Spaniel

We're planning a trip to Chiang Mai in early December and since it has been a slow day thought I'd check a couple of websites for hotel rates for early December in Chaig Mai. We always stay at the Chiang Mai Gate and the hotels website offers the standard room for B 1000. Thaihotelslinks.com for the same room is B 900 and directrooms.com is the cheapest at B 790. All include tax and breakfast. So, always good to shop around for best price.

Those sites require you to prepay the entire trip though, don't they? There have been reports of people getting burned doing that.

I have always gone directly to the hotels web site or called for booking. I do look at these other sites but would never use them for the above reason. I can do just as good by going my route.

I have been using this site for several years throughout Asia and never had a problem with them ....u can only book 14 days in advance with ...that is the down side...usually much better prices than even dealing with the hotel direct..www.agoda.com is good for advance bookings

Edited by Phuket Stan

I Always use AGODA.COM , I haver booked hotel rooms 10ths of times with them, and never had a problem, , I checked for early Dec, at the Gate and their, standard room, breakfast inclused is 807 bth, be advise that their might br taxes asosiated. also when you book with them, you acrew points, I already have enough points for a few days stay.

Good Luck

I too use Agoda and have never had any problems. The only thing i find with the hotel booking sites is that there are good hotels that you can only book thru the hotel site like the Pattaya Bay Resort and the Pasadenna Lodge in Pattaya for example. Also if you choose to go downmarket into the 1or 2 star hotels , guesthouses etc then the hotel booking sites will not be of much use either. Sometimes it is not worth the money to go upmarket all the time , especially if it only somewhere to sleep for a few hours and have a shower before moving on. It is a different market tho.

Edited by xen

Also try www.sawadee.com. They are a lot of the time cheaper than Agodo. Used them several times and never had any problem

They give an excellent service - quick and efficient

However sawadee.com as well as latestays.com and agoda.com use the same booking system. You have to do a ghost booking i.o to see the final price.

I don't like that system exactly like I don't like airlines that do the same, it's misleading.

yermanee

Also try www.sawadee.com. They are a lot of the time cheaper than Agodo. Used them several times and never had any problem

They give an excellent service - quick and efficient

However sawadee.com as well as latestays.com and agoda.com use the same booking system. You have to do a ghost booking i.o to see the final price.

I don't like that system exactly like I don't like airlines that do the same, it's misleading.

yermanee

latestays.com shows the price right up front. You do have to prepay, but many times the rate is way less than ehat the hotel provides. In other cases, especially if you call the hotel directly (and potentially speak with the manager), they will match or beat the rate...and no pre-paying.

I stayed at a Centerpointe hotel in BKK last year. Got a rate of 1,800B or something like that. I wanted to extend a night and the best rate the hotel could give me was like 3,200. I spoke with the manager and they told me to use the computer right next to their desk, for free, to make a booking with latestays.com. Which I did, for 1,800B. Crazy. This has happened to me several times, especially at the larger, "chain" hotels...it's worth shopping around...