Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport

raven0099

Just wondered if there was anywhere to get a shower in the new airport , my flight lands early and i have to wait around all day for my flight north , be nice to be able to freshen up when i get there , considering i will have been traveling for a whole day beforehand !

Also is there anything to do ? I have a good few hours to waste , apart from eating and drinking or shopping what can i do ?

:blink:

Go on the internet and do a Google or Yahoo search on Louis Tavern Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi airport. I have never tried them, so I can't recommend them or tell you what the rates are, but they claim they will provide a room you can book and you pay them by the number of hours you use it. From what I remember from a previous look at their web site it seemed expensive to me,for only a few hours, but if you have half a day or so to wait in Suvarnabhumi it might be worthwhile. At least you can take a showewr, clean up, and maybe get some sleep (depending on how long you have to stay at the airport).

There website gives the address/location as:

Louis Tavern Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Bangkok

4th Floor concourse G, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, 10210, Thailand

I expect they have an email address and a telephone number on their web site. Anyhow search for it and see what they have to say. They specifically menation that the rate you pay is based upon the number of hours you take the room for if less than a full day.

:blink:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Loads of cheap hotels near the airport in the 600-1000 baht range, nearly all do free pick up and return to the airport. Better than hanging around the airport all day IMHO. Most have a massage facility and some have pools if you fancy a swim.

You can book through the normal agents Agoda, Asia Rooms etc etc, or directly with the hotel.

Regards

ragandboneman

I have stayed at Convenient Grand Hotel, 15-20 minutes from Suvarnabhuni Airport. They have hourly free shuttle service but I just missed it and didn't want to wait for another one and took a taxi to the hotel for 200 Baht. The hotel had a pool, massage parlour, internet cafe and decent food and drinks. The rooms were clean but the location is in the middle of nowhere. I would recommend it for total relaxation by the poolside. It cost me about 35 dollars but it was money well spent IMHO. It sure beats the crap out of waiting at the airport for 14 hours to connect my flight home, at least for me.

This is the URL of the hotel with asiarooms.com and Agoda.com

http://www.asiarooms.com/en/thailand/suvarnabhumi_airport/201897-convenient_grand_hotel.html

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/convenient_grand_hotel.html

Max2010