South African Bank Transfers

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any South African expats currently working in Thailand who are able to actively transfer money from their Thai accounts to their RSA accounts (online?).

If not online, what other methods have worked for you in the past?

Thanks,

S

Hi,

I have done it with both BBL and UOB. You need to go into the branch and complete the required documentation and you can then do it online subsequently. Check the required forms at the bank website. There is nothing specific about transfers to SA - requirements are the same for transfers anywhere. If you just want to do a one-off or for the first time you do it, then the bank will do it for you after the same forms have been completed. The main form is the actual transfer request form in which you mention the reason for the transfer (something like 'supporting family in home country'). I'm not sure if they still require a copy of WP / letter of employment... as I say get the latest info on their website.

Of course you need to be careful about declaring the income to SARS on that side (but thats another story)

Cheers

Hi,

I have done it with both BBL and UOB. You need to go into the branch and complete the required documentation and you can then do it online subsequently. Check the required forms at the bank website. There is nothing specific about transfers to SA - requirements are the same for transfers anywhere. If you just want to do a one-off or for the first time you do it, then the bank will do it for you after the same forms have been completed. The main form is the actual transfer request form in which you mention the reason for the transfer (something like 'supporting family in home country'). I'm not sure if they still require a copy of WP / letter of employment... as I say get the latest info on their website.

Of course you need to be careful about declaring the income to SARS on that side (but thats another story)

Cheers

SWIFT transfers same as anywhere else in world, From Thailand have to fill in the declaration of what its for, and good advice about with our friends at SARS...LOL

But once out SA from more than 6 months, shouldnt matter as SARS cant bother you