2 Bombs Found In Downtown Pattaya

Rimmer

2 Bombs found in downtown Pattaya

CHON BURI, 7 September 2010 (NNT) – Two grenades wrapped in newspapers were found lying on a street in Chon Buri’s Pattaya City this morning. Police suspected they might have been either accidentally dropped by instigators or intentionally placed to create a situation.

The two grenades were found at the mouth of Soi Sukhumvit-Pattaya 27 in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung District, 500 meters from the local police station. The first was similar to M26 ball grenade while the other was a 4-inch long cylindrical bomb. No one has seen any suspect who might be the owner of the explosives.

Police reckoned that the ill-intentioned might have dropped the grenades on their way to the attack site and afraid of picking them up, or purposely leaving them to be discovered to create a situation.

Bomb squad has already attended the scene and recovered the highly destructive explosives. The police will check the closed-circuit cameras in the area to track down the suspect.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-09-06 footer_n.gif

How many people still think the T (ism) - word is too extreme to describe the red shirts. Yes, the red shirts who started their public activities again in Chonburi province again. Bombs a coincidence. I think not.

I guess they need they guy with his yellow Hummer again. Every country should have its own RAMBO. :D

How many people still think the T (ism) - word is too extreme to describe the red shirts. Yes, the red shirts who started their public activities again in Chonburi province again. Bombs a coincidence. I think not.

I guess they need they guy with his yellow Hummer again. Every country should have its own RAMBO. :D

Does Glitterman count?

yermanee

• Like 1

No coincidence.

And there is no state of emergency, so it doesn't benefit the gov. there.

Stated before the usual suspects start blaming others.

There is a violent lunatic fringe in the R.S.

and if they don't deal with it, they will all be rightly branded terrorists.

Sad because most are not, just some what deluded.

Even their allies the PTP are backing off,

because they got their political hat handed to them, and actually

blamed the red shirts for it, after a day or two of reflecion.

What political legitimacy the R.S. may have had is effectively in tatters.

but they don't seem to know this yet. Least of all that violent lunatic fringe.

• Like 1

Pointing fingers at this point in time is just silly when all one has to base an assumption on is the fact (?) that two grenades have been found.

And NO, I'm neither a red shirt or a yellow shirt sympathizer.

No coincidence.

Additional information on the various identified Red Bombers, Red Rioters, and Red Arsonists is at this updated-within-the-hour thread:

Thailand's Fragile Peace Threatened, Bomb Attack

Edited by Buchholz

Pointing fingers at this point in time is just silly when all one has to base an assumption on is the fact (?) that two grenades have been found.

Who do you reckon it was then?

Grenades/explosives have been found and used all around Thailand/Pattaya for years [decades and way before any of the coloured shirts stuff?] for various purposes (including settling business disputes). Without further information, I think you are jumping to conclusions.

However, I do agree that if there were to be any terrorist acts in Pattaya...tourism would die overnite (and just before the start of high-season and many expats would start to seriously consider their safety and future in Thailand.

I don't know - and neither do you. That's my point.

Could it be red shirts? Sure.

Could it be yellow shirts trying to discredit red shirts? Sure.

Could the grenades have fallen off a army/navy/air force lorry? Sure.

Could the grenades have belonged to criminal elements who threw the grenades away on the false assumption that they were being followed by police? Sure.

Could there be another explanation? Very sure.

• Like 1

Could the grenades have belonged to criminal elements who threw the grenades away on the false assumption that they were being followed by police? Sure.

True. I don't know. This is a forum where SPECULATION and reasonable assumptions are fair game.

Next ...

• Like 1

True. I don't know. This is a forum where SPECULATION and reasonable assumptions are fair game.

Next ...

SPECULATION and reasonable assumptions or WILD GUESSES and serious allegations?

I don't think this location can really be described as "Downtown Pattaya"

Is North of Naklua and on the East side of Sukhumvit.

Outskirts of Pattaya would be a better description.

Since we're at it, also change "bombs" in the headline to "grenades". Just wrapped in newspapers they were still 'unprocessed'

• Like 1

I dont know if i should start worrying now!

Due to go to Bangkok and Pattaya for 5 weeks, starting at the end of October, with my wife and our newborn son.

After reading all the stories coming out recently and just watching the video above i am seriously considering my options as i do not want to endangermy wife or child. Should i go or cancel, big decision.

OR do i cancell the Pattaya part and go elsewhere, not Phuket or Phi Phi due to the oil spillage...oh deer.

Such a shame, such a wonderfull country and they are dividing themselves and are going to drive away one of their biggest economic industries, tourism.

Due to go to Bangkok and Pattaya for 5 weeks, starting at the end of October, with my wife and our newborn son.

After reading all the stories coming out recently and just watching the video above i am seriously considering my options as i do not want to endangermy wife or child. Should i go or cancel, big decision.

OR do i cancell the Pattaya part and go elsewhere, not Phuket or Phi Phi due to the oil spillage...oh deer.

Such a shame, such a wonderfull country and they are dividing themselves and are going to drive away one of their biggest economic industries, tourism.

Peace and serenity can still be found at Koh Samet or Koh Chang. Not too far and ideal for a young family.

*edit to add the caveat: Granted it IS harder to find at those locations than before, it IS still possible.

Edited by Buchholz

Peace and serenity can still be found at Koh Samet or Koh Chang. Not too far and ideal for a young family.

*edit to add the caveat: Granted it IS harder to find at those locations than before, it IS still possible.

The advise is (of course) ignoring the fact that a few days ago PT's Surapong said Coup in Oct for sure ;)

• Like 1

SPECULATION and reasonable assumptions or WILD GUESSES and serious allegations?

This ain't a court of law. It's an internet forum. The coincidence of the now allowed red demos and the weapons is just too suspicious to not comment about.

I agree, we should comment on and discuss this situation. This could be the start of a development I have dreaded for quite some time now, and I sure I am not alone in having these worries.

But declaring without a doubt that the reds are behind it is just wrong. Nuff said!

• Like 2

If the reds didnt want to be linked with every case of explosives, violence and weaponry they shouldnt have used violence, explosives and weaponry in the first place and shouldnt have stuck with leaders who openly advocated such. The die is now cast and by people's earleir actions current assumptions are made. It will take a long time to change such suspicions and such an image

Maybe the Pattaya explosives are nothing to do with them but suspicions that they are are goign to naturally follow and they shouldnt be surprised at this.

• Like 1

Bangkok is empty, only in the south there are tourist, south is safe) i mean island and touristic spot.

No oil spill in Phuket that is wrong, the ship dont loose oil.

Ciaooo

PS granates, bomb, gun, violent people, explosion, knife, blackmail, coup ecc ecc are not new in Thailand why all the time point your finger to the reds people? or yellows people? or all coulor people?

Edited by oceano

Probability of more troubles in Thailand is there so it is possibly safer to take your family holiday somewhere else. Having yourself or your loved ones become statistics in Thailand is not a desirable option.

Have a good holiday :jap:

1.)*** Could it be red shirts? Sure.

2.)*** Could it be yellow shirts trying to discredit red shirts? Sure.

3.)*** Could the grenades have fallen off a army/navy/air force lorry? Sure.

4.)*** Could the grenades have belonged to criminal elements who threw the grenades away on the false assumption that they were being followed by police? Sure.

5.)***Could there be another explanation? Very sure.

6.) All is not done, on/from either end!for someone trying to: Placing the blame; is the tough part/one.

uncletom

No coincidence.

Good response - totally agree

Probability of more troubles in Thailand is there so it is possibly safer to take your family holiday somewhere else. Having yourself or your loved ones become statistics in Thailand is not a desirable option.

Have a good holiday :jap:

A deadly explosion on Walking Street would make the Bath and Thai stocks falling :whistling:

Maybe these grenades were thrown there by an expat who is upset by the strong Bath.

Edited by nikkoid66