Frenchman Tried For Sexual Assault On 10 Thai Children

webfact

Unfortunately, parents (mothers in particular it seems) who pimp their daughters out appears to be fairly common. Case in point. Yesterday around noon my Thai wife and I went to visit a friend who owns a small massage business. While my wife and her friend were sitting outside at a small table talking, I was sitting off to the side about 10 ft away smoking. A woman came by selling lottery tickets. Along with her was her daughter, who was a very beautiful young girl. The woman saw me and asked my wife and her friend if they knew me, not realizing that I understand Thai fairly well. My wife, sensing something was up, said I was a friend of hers visiting from America. The woman asked if I liked beautiful young girls. My wife said she didn't know, and asked the woman why. The woman replied that I could have her daughter for 2,500 baht for the rest of the day and all night if I wanted her. My wife asked how old the daughter was. The woman told her 14. My wife told her that 14 was illegal and I could go to jail if the police found out. The woman laughed and replied, "But who will tell them!". My wife said she would ask me. She came over to me and whispered: "Did you understand everything?" I told her I did, then made a big show of shaking my head and turning down the offer. My wife turned back to the woman and told her I wasn't interested, at which point the woman smiled, did a "wai" and left.

How many more mothers are there who have no qualms about selling their daughters, especially to foreigners, for the money they can make?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, parents (mothers in particular it seems) who pimp their daughters out appears to be fairly common. Case in point. Yesterday around noon my Thai wife and I went to visit a friend who owns a small massage business. While my wife and her friend were sitting outside at a small table talking, I was sitting off to the side about 10 ft away smoking. A woman came by selling lottery tickets. Along with her was her daughter, who was a very beautiful young girl. The woman saw me and asked my wife and her friend if they knew me, not realizing that I understand Thai fairly well. My wife, sensing something was up, said I was a friend of hers visiting from America. The woman asked if I liked beautiful young girls. My wife said she didn't know, and asked the woman why. The woman replied that I could have her daughter for 2,500 baht for the rest of the day and all night if I wanted her. My wife asked how old the daughter was. The woman told her 14. My wife told her that 14 was illegal and I could go to jail if the police found out. The woman laughed and replied, "But who will tell them!". My wife said she would ask me. She came over to me and whispered: "Did you understand everything?" I told her I did, then made a big show of shaking my head and turning down the offer. My wife turned back to the woman and told her I wasn't interested, at which point the woman smiled, did a "wai" and left.

How many more mothers are there who have no qualms about selling their daughters, especially to foreigners, for the money they can make?

And what is the point of this idiotic little "pretend to not know Thai" game?

How many more non-rat foreigners are there who have no qualms about allowing Thai mothers to offer their daughters (and sons), especially to foreigners, for the money they can make?

Seriously, let me get this straight: I reckon that you and your wife are a decent enough sort that you both would call the police if you saw a foreigner in the act of molesting "a very beautiful young girl" of 14 years...

BUT...

you or your wife would not detain this virus of a woman at its origin, and contact the police, when you were fully aware that you and your wife were being offered to engage in sexual intercourse with "a very beautiful young girl" of 14 years. (Yeah, I am sure the lottery beast would not mind a threesome or even a foursome).

How very "Thai" of you to turn a blind eye when life threw a caveat at your morals and ethics!

As far as I am concerned, you have lost credibility with me were you to condemn, in the future, any accused foreigners. That goes for anyone else who has been approached and not screamed bloody murder at the peddler, yet gets on the "Hang 'em High" bandwagon at first mention of a foreign rat.

Forgive my harshness, because I think you should have done something at this point, yet I also understand that the probable results of any actions on your part would be met with galactic incompetence and stupidity. But does that dismiss our responsibility to another weak and defenseless human being, who is the center of all this topic (lest we forget)?

Sometimes a much better answer is right under our noses; Focus on the Non-Rats as Allies and leave the Rats out of the Equation

It boggles the imagination that no one ever asked (in my knowledge) if the Thai authorities would ever consider running an ad campaign of a different sort. This ad campaign would be focused at the non-rats, instead of the rats.

Why is it not conceivable that Thailand could spin-doctor an ad campaign that offers rewards to non-rat foreigners who can successfully identify any Thai male or female who peddle children? Offer money, citizenship, or whatever. After all, the Thai criminals going to jail will free up public space for a better citizen, who can step forward and add a positive effect on this society. Make that reward so fulfilling that it would be worthy of having every non-rat foreigner ready to jump at the first virus that approached them and peddled a child. After all, it is fairly possible that more non-rats get approached than rats!

Results: The Thais and the pedophile factor of their culture would disappear from the foreigner's consciousness (both rat and non-rat) overnight, and crawl back under the rock that it came from. The demographic of "hard to find" sicko Thais would now see all foreigners as a ticket to the monkey house, instead of an ATM with skin-grafted arms and legs.

Don't Stop There, Oh Noble Authority Figure - Guardian of the Weak, Abused, and Forgotten

And why not take every Thai male and female who is justifiably identified as a pedophile and peddler of children, and put their photos and ID in every foreign newspaper in Thailand, so the non-rats can avoid business with them? Make an entire section and keep publishing it every issue. Just like the deadbeat dads and such! If it is successful to report deadbeat dads in the West, how much more important would it be to use Westerner's tax dollars to fund lazy law enforcement in underdeveloped countries to reward the good hearts who visit their land; to smear these native rats who willfully and with full knowledge hand over their children be abused and damaged for life by rats? Ask yourself, would killing the problem at its source hurt, or would it make too many incompetent and sweaty-palmed adults get poo poo on their face?

"Don't do business with these known Thai male and female pedophiles" should be the ad campaign headline! Put their photos, known whereabouts, hang outs, and modi-operandi in every paper, including the Pattaya Daily Snooze, if they could manage to cooperate in something sensible. Let them be scorned and avoided like the poor legless individuals lying in their own waste on the footpath. Who knows, Thais love copying, and perhaps they would scorn these beasts as well if they thought it would engender more money towards Thais who behave nice so that children actually benefit. That, I believe, would really put a cramp on child abuse. Take their children from them, sterilize them, and give the kids a fighting chance. And isn't forced sterilization, under this circumstance, just about as sensible as castration by acid and dull bladed knives, etc, as the "hang 'em high" crowd yell out at the other end of the walking plank?

Do you really think the Thais would go for this "outside the box" thinking? I mean, after all, aren't we the ones being approached all the time? Why should the non-rat foreign tourist or non-immigrant visa holders living here have to be subjected to these evil villains, who flaunt their disease with impunity? Why should we have to swallow the lump of bile that rises in our throat, and wonder what the heck just happened with humanity, when these people walk around peddling children like it is just another simple thing, with that lovely Thai smile on their faces, and a lovely Thai wai for the man or woman who politely refuses the offer to sexually abuse their son or daughter; "for the rest of the day and all night if (one) wanted her"? Pure Bliss in the L.O.$.

This re-emphasizes (as one mulls over the stupid reactions) that making any sort of retributive act against this woman would more than likely be met with incompetence and apathy from the natives who love and embrace this sub animal culture so much. Not even a pride of lions behave in this manner. I would not be surprised if the foreigner, who detained the women and got the attention of the Thais, would be beaten by the street bums, and even arrested by the police for simple assault on a harmless old woman, crying in pain, and her poor daughter standing there wide-eyed.

The reason I am so mad at the Thai system is that they do not focus on a cure; for any of their problems it seems. They simply treat a symptom, and the disease perpetuates itself, and the end product is greasy, filthy money, and the trade-off are bruised, battered, damaged little human beings who will grow up and lash out at the society that ignored them. The Western Media and the Thai authorities could easily make the reputation of this country turn for the better, if the non-rats had a little empowerment to be heard, and a follow up conducted with the evidence provided. It would certainly make a sicko Thai peddler of children think twice before approaching any foreigner.

Clearly, the conclusions that this sort of thinking bring about, make it an inferred fact that Thais are not interested in ending pedophilia in their culture, and that the foreigner is simply a means to an end, and to enlist help from a foreigner would suggest an imperfect "face".

Instead, let's just be Thai and focus on the impossible task of continuing to allow the magnets (peddlers) attract the needles (rats), and give the magnets free reign and impunity to do so. Then benefit from a financial windfall of increasing government funding for the impossible task of finding needles (rats) in the haystack (non-rats), and never bothering how or why the needles are even being attracted.

No Thai would ever think to empower the hay (the non-rats) to bond so closely together that the magnet gets obfuscated from non-rats on the lookout for them, hence the magnet losing its drawing power towards the needles, and the needles attracting elsewhere, to more powerful magnetic fields. It's easier to fix the leaky pipe than to mop for the rest of your life like a dam_n fool, for all the world to see.

Hey Pattaya Daily Snooze, are you reading this? Your power of the press could sure add some weight if an editorial was ran with this angle. Be original and go for the real Pulitzer, or its equivalent. Let's identify the known sources, instead of turning neighbor against neighbor with your paranoid hype that your kangaroo court articles engender.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

And what is the point of this idiotic little "pretend to not know Thai" game?

How many more non-rat foreigners are there who have no qualms about allowing Thai mothers to offer their daughters (and sons), especially to foreigners, for the money they can make?

Seriously, let me get this straight: I reckon that you and your wife are a decent enough sort that you both would call the police if you saw a foreigner in the act of molesting "a very beautiful young girl" of 14 years...

BUT...

you or your wife would not detain this virus of a woman at its origin, and contact the police, when you were fully aware that you and your wife were being offered to engage in sexual intercourse with "a very beautiful young girl" of 14 years. (Yeah, I am sure the lottery beast would not mind a threesome or even a foursome).

How very "Thai" of you to turn a blind eye when life threw a caveat at your morals and ethics!

As far as I am concerned, you have lost credibility with me were you to condemn, in the future, any accused foreigners. That goes for anyone else who has been approached and not screamed bloody murder at the peddler, yet gets on the "Hang 'em High" bandwagon at first mention of a foreign rat.

Forgive my harshness, because I think you should have done something at this point, yet I also understand that the probable results of any actions on your part would be met with galactic incompetence and stupidity. But does that dismiss our responsibility to another weak and defenseless human being, who is the center of all this topic (lest we forget)?

Sometimes a much better answer is right under our noses; Focus on the Non-Rats as Allies and leave the Rats out of the Equation

It boggles the imagination that no one ever asked (in my knowledge) if the Thai authorities would ever consider running an ad campaign of a different sort. This ad campaign would be focused at the non-rats, instead of the rats.

Why is it not conceivable that Thailand could spin-doctor an ad campaign that offers rewards to non-rat foreigners who can successfully identify any Thai male or female who peddle children? Offer money, citizenship, or whatever. After all, the Thai criminals going to jail will free up public space for a better citizen, who can step forward and add a positive effect on this society. Make that reward so fulfilling that it would be worthy of having every non-rat foreigner ready to jump at the first virus that approached them and peddled a child. After all, it is fairly possible that more non-rats get approached than rats!

Results: The Thais and the pedophile factor of their culture would disappear from the foreigner's consciousness (both rat and non-rat) overnight, and crawl back under the rock that it came from. The demographic of "hard to find" sicko Thais would now see all foreigners as a ticket to the monkey house, instead of an ATM with skin-grafted arms and legs.

Don't Stop There, Oh Noble Authority Figure - Guardian of the Weak, Abused, and Forgotten

And why not take every Thai male and female who is justifiably identified as a pedophile and peddler of children, and put their photos and ID in every foreign newspaper in Thailand, so the non-rats can avoid business with them? Make an entire section and keep publishing it every issue. Just like the deadbeat dads and such! If it is successful to report deadbeat dads in the West, how much more important would it be to use Westerner's tax dollars to fund lazy law enforcement in underdeveloped countries to reward the good hearts who visit their land; to smear these native rats who willfully and with full knowledge hand over their children be abused and damaged for life by rats? Ask yourself, would killing the problem at its source hurt, or would it make too many incompetent and sweaty-palmed adults get poo poo on their face?

"Don't do business with these known Thai male and female pedophiles" should be the ad campaign headline! Put their photos, known whereabouts, hang outs, and modi-operandi in every paper, including the Pattaya Daily Snooze, if they could manage to cooperate in something sensible. Let them be scorned and avoided like the poor legless individuals lying in their own waste on the footpath. Who knows, Thais love copying, and perhaps they would scorn these beasts as well if they thought it would engender more money towards Thais who behave nice so that children actually benefit. That, I believe, would really put a cramp on child abuse. Take their children from them, sterilize them, and give the kids a fighting chance. And isn't forced sterilization, under this circumstance, just about as sensible as castration by acid and dull bladed knives, etc, as the "hang 'em high" crowd yell out at the other end of the walking plank?

Do you really think the Thais would go for this "outside the box" thinking? I mean, after all, aren't we the ones being approached all the time? Why should the non-rat foreign tourist or non-immigrant visa holders living here have to be subjected to these evil villains, who flaunt their disease with impunity? Why should we have to swallow the lump of bile that rises in our throat, and wonder what the heck just happened with humanity, when these people walk around peddling children like it is just another simple thing, with that lovely Thai smile on their faces, and a lovely Thai wai for the man or woman who politely refuses the offer to sexually abuse their son or daughter; "for the rest of the day and all night if (one) wanted her"? Pure Bliss in the L.O.$.

This re-emphasizes (as one mulls over the stupid reactions) that making any sort of retributive act against this woman would more than likely be met with incompetence and apathy from the natives who love and embrace this sub animal culture so much. Not even a pride of lions behave in this manner. I would not be surprised if the foreigner, who detained the women and got the attention of the Thais, would be beaten by the street bums, and even arrested by the police for simple assault on a harmless old woman, crying in pain, and her poor daughter standing there wide-eyed.

The reason I am so mad at the Thai system is that they do not focus on a cure; for any of their problems it seems. They simply treat a symptom, and the disease perpetuates itself, and the end product is greasy, filthy money, and the trade-off are bruised, battered, damaged little human beings who will grow up and lash out at the society that ignored them. The Western Media and the Thai authorities could easily make the reputation of this country turn for the better, if the non-rats had a little empowerment to be heard, and a follow up conducted with the evidence provided. It would certainly make a sicko Thai peddler of children think twice before approaching any foreigner.

Clearly, the conclusions that this sort of thinking bring about, make it an inferred fact that Thais are not interested in ending pedophilia in their culture, and that the foreigner is simply a means to an end, and to enlist help from a foreigner would suggest an imperfect "face".

Instead, let's just be Thai and focus on the impossible task of continuing to allow the magnets (peddlers) attract the needles (rats), and give the magnets free reign and impunity to do so. Then benefit from a financial windfall of increasing government funding for the impossible task of finding needles (rats) in the haystack (non-rats), and never bothering how or why the needles are even being attracted.

No Thai would ever think to empower the hay (the non-rats) to bond so closely together that the magnet gets obfuscated from non-rats on the lookout for them, hence the magnet losing its drawing power towards the needles, and the needles attracting elsewhere, to more powerful magnetic fields. It's easier to fix the leaky pipe than to mop for the rest of your life like a dam_n fool, for all the world to see.

Hey Pattaya Daily Snooze, are you reading this? Your power of the press could sure add some weight if an editorial was ran with this angle. Be original and go for the real Pulitzer, or its equivalent. Let's identify the known sources, instead of turning neighbor against neighbor with your paranoid hype that your kangaroo court articles engender.

Hey, Cup...While I don't disagree with most of what you say, cut back on the caffeine for a second and look at the reality of the situation. What if I, or my Thai wife, had tried to detain the woman and call the police, what do you think would have happened? I can tell you what would have happened.....Absolutely Nothing! If the police did come, which I doubt to begin with, the woman would have denied it, her daughter would have denied it, with them saying we "misunderstood" what she had said, or that the "farang" had propositioned her for her daughter.

So, you can rant, rave and preach all you want, remember one thing.....This Is Thailand....and like it or not, reporting it would have been a total and complete waste of time.

As for the "pretending not to know Thai" game, as you put it, that is something I often do. More than once, when out by myself, I've had comments made about me, some good, some detrimental, by Thai who assume the farang can't understand what they're saying. The look on their faces when I reply: คุณควรจะระมัดระวังเกี่ยวกับสิ่งที่คุณพูด ชาวต่างชาติบางคนพูดและเข้าใจภาษาไทย, which translated means: "You should be careful about what you say. Some foreigners speak and understand Thai", is absolutely priceless, and always leaves me laughing.

• Like 1

Cup....

Since this topic apparently gets under your skin, why not do something constructive, like starting your own NGO to combat this cancer in the Thai society? Do that and I'll be one of the first to join you. Otherwise, all your prolific verbosity is about as meaningful as the government's statements of "transparency" in their dealings.

Cheers! :unsure:

We should note that many Thai families (and other Asian families), usually rural poor, have been turning to this practice pretty frequently over the last decade or so; it must seem an easy solution to a much perceived need--new farm machinery, paying off oppressive bank loans--and with its strident rituals of parental care, particularly where female children are concerned (honor thy father and thy mother is a gendered concept) has quickly become domesticated, naturalised, even conventional. (There are sex-trade scouts visiting villages all over Isaan and northern Thailand, waving wads of money, just as there are insurance and lip-gloss reps promising thousands, millions of baht for the future.) What matters is not the welfare of the child, or her helplessness in the transaction, but the family's as a whole. Who or what gives the parents this sense that only money can save them? that everything, especially a daughter, can be sacrificed to the cannibalistic dogs of commerce?

Cup....

Since this topic apparently gets under your skin, why not do something constructive, like starting your own NGO to combat this cancer in the Thai society? Do that and I'll be one of the first to join you. Otherwise, all your prolific verbosity is about as meaningful as the government's statements of "transparency" in their dealings.

Cheers! :unsure:

Thank you for the show of concern, Just1Voice, but I don't collar myself with guilt over things that rile my angst; things I have no control over.

This OP is not about me or anything I should do. To me, it is about having a place to vent, and trade off views and thoughts with others regarding the topic at hand. Venting is good therapy in this crazy, chaotic world we live in.

I like what LingLek says about the differences in thought processes in different societies. What is acceptable and appropriate for one society is similar or opposite in another. The question is, how much do the surrounding societies on this planet allow one or more societies to impinge upon certain rights and boundaries of peoples, places, and things? And on a smaller scale, your neighborhood, your family, or the person sitting near you? How much is enough? And in realizing that something is amiss, what makes us intervene or ignore? Only each person can answer that, or take that secret to their grave, and the living don't give a dam_n!

And what makes any one person or persons better; especially if one practice is another persons version of the norm, and therefore acceptable and appropriate?

Regrettably, the solution to these quandaries have been answered under the authority of man made gods, or governments with self-centered goals.

It is really unfortunate; this abuse on children, yet that is one small facet of dysfunction in a crazy and chaotic world that has too many issues that no one man can resolve without losing his or her life over it.

Humans are a dam_ned strange lot.

• 1 year later...

I wasn't commenting on the Pedophiles at all. Of course it is the most vile behavior on earth. I was commenting on the tendency of posters here to constantly criticise the "Thai way" ... This is their country. Not ours. We need to stop trying to project our values onto Thais, then resent them when we are ignored.

I wasn't commenting on the Pedophiles at all. Of course it is the most vile behavior on earth. I was commenting on the tendency of posters here to constantly criticise the "Thai way" ... This is their country. Not ours. We need to stop trying to project our values onto Thais, then resent them when we are ignored.

... well, BOS2BKK ... not project our values onto Thais? ... selling your own child to a pedophile? ... this sounds as one of those "relative values" arguments ... granted, there is a place in some debates for relativistic values ... (Little Johnny is more guilty or stealing the cookies, than his brother Little Mikey who said nothing to mommy when questioned.)

... but, BOS2BKK, this is not one of them ... for some behaviors, there is only an "absolute value" argument to me made ... you might argue until the Sox win the pennant that selling your own child to a pedophile has some relative merit ... amongst others, I have no reservations what so ever about declaring it absolutely wrong ... evil ... sub-human ... soulless ... an inferior value, in any culture.

... you want to defend your position? ... let's just let Thais be Thais? ... in that capacity, you are as Little Mikey, above ... but, his brother Little Johnny isn't just stealing cookies ... he is brutalizing the body and the soul of an innocent child, for whom life thereafter will surely be one of daily wretchedness.

... bullsh*t on wholly respecting and accepting other cultural behaviors ... bullsh*t ... some cultures are closer to animal tribes than civilized human beings to whom human life is precious ... if people do NOT condemn them by openly placing their values in context to others values, they will continue to be animals ... that is a trade I am easily willing to make.

Edited by swillowbee