Frenchman Tried For Sexual Assault On 10 Thai Children

webfact

General warning - Please read before you post

We have decided to let this topic stay open for serious and civil discussion.

We will not tolerate:

- hang 'em high posts

- flames, racist comments or insults

Be aware the person mentioned in this article is innocent until proven guilty by the French court of law.

If posters cannot follow these restrictions then the topic will be closed immediately and all members in violation of these restrictions will earn an immediate suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation

Thaivisa Admin

"The accused has admitted to carrying out some of the acts of which he is accused, but told investigators he had never had the impression he was forcing the girls to comply with his wishes, the charge sheet alleges." It says 10 kids between ages 3 and 8 and never had the imprssions he was forcing them????? what kind of cop out is that?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway this man is a criminal and he should be punished severely.

And the mother? To sell one's children is not a crime?

What a mad world...

She was arrested in 2009:

pic11883.jpg

Pattaya Police Arrest Thai Woman For Selling Her 8 Year Old Daughter

On 14th January 2009, a police team accompanied by a group of officials including Pol. Lt. Col. Preecha Somsatan of the Crimes Against Children and Women Suppression Division Region 2 and Mr. Supakorn Noja of the Child and Female Protection Squad, served Miss Somjai or Mam Prombut [29] residing at 123/147 Moo. 8 Houyyai , Banglamung, Chonburi with an arrest warrant from Pattaya court No. Jor. 2051/2551, issued on 22 December 2008.

Mr. Supakorn said Miss Somjai had been procuring young thai girls, less than 15 years old for middle to old aged foreign men. Each time she had received 500-1000 Baht from the customer and another 300-400 Baht from the child. She was accused of running this business for a long time

Mr. Supakorn also said that Miss Somjai had sold her daughter to a French man for sexual services when the girl was 8 years old and had continued selling her for 7 years. Sadly the girl is now in a psychiatric hospital in Nonthaburi [srithanya Hospital].

Miss Somjai, an ex bar worker and according to the Bangkok Post, HIV positive, faces 10-20 years in jail and/or a fine of up to 400,000 baht.

Continues:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2009/01/16/pattaya-police-arrest-thai-woman-for-selling-her-8-year-old-daughter/

Having read the whole thread, I don't think anyone could think up a more sordid and abhorrent collection of acts on the part of adults.

I want to believe that this could happen somewhere else in the world, but unfortunately, it is here, and it is a sign of how depraved Thai society is sometimes.

What a mad world...

She was arrested in 2009:

pic11883.jpg

Pattaya Police Arrest Thai Woman For Selling Her 8 Year Old Daughter

On 14th January 2009, a police team accompanied by a group of officials including Pol. Lt. Col. Preecha Somsatan of the Crimes Against Children and Women Suppression Division Region 2 and Mr. Supakorn Noja of the Child and Female Protection Squad, served Miss Somjai or Mam Prombut [29] residing at 123/147 Moo. 8 Houyyai , Banglamung, Chonburi with an arrest warrant from Pattaya court No. Jor. 2051/2551, issued on 22 December 2008.

Mr. Supakorn said Miss Somjai had been procuring young thai girls, less than 15 years old for middle to old aged foreign men. Each time she had received 500-1000 Baht from the customer and another 300-400 Baht from the child. She was accused of running this business for a long time

Mr. Supakorn also said that Miss Somjai had sold her daughter to a French man for sexual services when the girl was 8 years old and had continued selling her for 7 years. Sadly the girl is now in a psychiatric hospital in Nonthaburi [srithanya Hospital].

Miss Somjai, an ex bar worker and according to the Bangkok Post, HIV positive, faces 10-20 years in jail and/or a fine of up to 400,000 baht.

Continues:

http://www.pattayada...r-old-daughter/

You have been quite the news hound since you joined. Good job providing other news links on articles posted on this forum!

Thank you, Jimi smile.gif

• Like 1

Since people in this Country will consider money more important than other values, this and other misdeeds always happens more and more.

:(:angry:

Agreed mate. This statement troubles me....

Jean-Claude Chamoux was arrested after police burst into his hotel room in the Thai resort of Pattaya in 2005 just after he raped an eight-year-old girl to whose mother he had paid 20 euros (26 dollars), court documents alleged.

If the mother agreed to a financial term for her daughter to go with this man, she knew what was about to happen. Therefore, this mother should also be tried for delivering an under-aged child with the intent of sexual activities. As sad as this story is, we witness child abuse everyday here being at the corner of an intersection selling merit flowers or begging at the steps of the BTS stations.

Edited by Fishman1967

It would be interesting to read your explanation as to how he could be locked up for longer than the rest of his life.

I was trying to infer that if one believes in reincarnation, then he should possibly sentenced in his next life as well. Sorry, it was a stretch... ;)

I really get annoyed with the constant berating of Thai society I see on this page. I understand the Thais have different values than we do. The legal system is corrupt, as were all of our legal systems at some point in history. Every EXPAT residing in Thailand is here VOLUNTARILY, and most of you because your MONEY is more valuable here than at home. Even the highest minded person on this page likely takes advantage of his privileged status within Thai culture, and yet you seem to be the first to berate the Thais for aspiring in their own way to attain a small piece of what you have. I am not one of those pie eyed tourists infatuated with Thailand, having never left Sukhumvit. I have been here for some time, and I have seen all the good and bad Thailand has to offer. The bottom line is, as distasteful as I find some aspects of the culture, and as baffling as I find some Thai behaviors I realize that this is THEIR country. I have to conform to their value system, they do not have to conform to mine. Please I ask all of you economic refugees to stop taking your bitterness out on the Thais. They are living their lives, their way, in their country. We are all guests, and alot of us seem to forget it.

• Like 1

Actually pederasty is a man having sex with a passive boy ........ The article seems to mention a young girl

Pederasty or paederasty (US: /ˈpɛdəræsti/, UK: /ˈpiːdəræsti/) is a (usually erotic) relationship between an older man and an adolescent boy outside his immediate family. The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of children" or "love of boys",[1] a compound derived from παῖς (pais) "child, boy" and ἐραστής (erastēs) "lover"

even in the french prison, his life will be extremely difficult

Unfortunately not . I'm french and I can tell you they put all the wicked rapists together in the same jails.

So, he will not have anyone to give him hard times (to be polite !)

I am French too and i don't think so...If the trial happened in Bordeaux, you can be sure that it will have hard time there as the"pointeur" (rapist) are not seperate from the others and often fall down accidentallyy in the stairs on the way to the courtyard.

In Paris i don't know but at least it depends of the jail where he will be sent.

Anyway all these people have to pay for their crimes..

The accused has admitted to carrying out some of the acts of which he is accused, but told investigators he had never had the impression he was forcing the girls to comply with his wishes

Excellent point indeed. As a matter of fact, it's pretty irrelevant when you bang a 8 years old girl.

Since people in this Country will consider money more important than other values, this and other misdeeds always happens more and more.

agree ,, what happened is to say the least ,

requires the ultimate punishment .

i also think that anybody involved in supplying the children ,

should be held responsible .

I really get annoyed with the constant berating of Thai society I see on this page. I understand the Thais have different values than we do. The legal system is corrupt, as were all of our legal systems at some point in history. Every EXPAT residing in Thailand is here VOLUNTARILY, and most of you because your MONEY is more valuable here than at home. Even the highest minded person on this page likely takes advantage of his privileged status within Thai culture, and yet you seem to be the first to berate the Thais for aspiring in their own way to attain a small piece of what you have. I am not one of those pie eyed tourists infatuated with Thailand, having never left Sukhumvit. I have been here for some time, and I have seen all the good and bad Thailand has to offer. The bottom line is, as distasteful as I find some aspects of the culture, and as baffling as I find some Thai behaviors I realize that this is THEIR country. I have to conform to their value system, they do not have to conform to mine. Please I ask all of you economic refugees to stop taking your bitterness out on the Thais. They are living their lives, their way, in their country. We are all guests, and alot of us seem to forget it.

Mate... Selling your daughter to a foreigner for a few bucks is ethically accceptable??

Sure, we have to conform. And the fact is that having sex with a child is still considered illegal here, and immoral too, as strange as you can find. So, where aren't we "conforming" here? Spare us, please.

• Like 1

THEIR culture doesn't condone procuring one's 8 year old daughter either.

I think I can safely say that all the Thai people that I know will be absolutely sick to their stomachs about a story like this. I won't hold my breath for the article to arrive in the papers about "Farangs leave our child sex industry alone."

Thai people are not proud of their overreaching sex industry in the slightest, and I don't think I have had too many conversations in 21 years in the country about how wonderful it is that Thailand's commercial sex industry is absolutely world famous. It survives in an underworld of corruption and s**t and one day (in the long distant future), it will probably be a shadow of it's current state.

It is definitely not some wonderful aspect of Thai culture that is cherished by the locals.

Terrible things happen in other countries too. I don't live or have any love for those other countries ,have a house, a business or attempt to bring up my children in them.

Mate... Selling your daughter to a foreigner for a few bucks is ethically accceptable??

Sure, we have to conform. And the fact is that having sex with a child is still considered illegal here, and immoral too, as strange as you can find. So, where aren't we "conforming" here? Spare us, please.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your term "conforming". It seems that you believe it's ethically correct for a parent to sell a child for deviant acts in Thailand due to the foreigner influence here. I hope I am wrong in my thinking.

You seem to have put a lot of people in a very small box. I haven't read anything on this thread derogatory to Thais in general.

But....this (or these) act(s) that this thread is based on are despicable. They defy explanation, and I don't care if a Thai is selling a Thai...it is wrong. Period. I don't care whose little piece of land we are on where it happens. You mention conforming to a Thai value system..... you think that this type of behavior is ok here??? to Thais???? to be honest with you, I think that if Thais got this guy, not the Thai police, it would be over already. That's some Thais values.

So......just who or what is it that you have come to defend in your post? We know who you are attacking.....the majority of foreigners here in Thailand.

BTW I am not an economic refugee. And you could be a little more polite.

That guy def has mental disorder of sexual preference, fetish. He really sickens me. As for the mother, I do feel really sorry for those who are poor, but...... sell her own daughter???? A kid??? Have no idea how people like that can live with themselves..... really hope people like that deserve to be punished & I'm sure they will, Gotta belive in Karma, it might come late, but it arrives eventually!

sorry i must be mistaken. I read that he gave the mother some money. Now the mother wants to take cival action. how does that work ? sell your kid. the have the person arrested after the kid has been assaulted.

i am not sure what sickens me more. the mother or the rapist. or both ???

Agree- the mother is a criminal... I am sure lawyers touted their services to make it click that she will benefit in court by HER actions. Now how the court treats this supposed mother will be very interesting. As she did in fact sell her 8 yo daughter.

Let's face it- if she never offerred her daughter for $20 then this ONE incident would not have happened. Obviously he (If guilty) like others he would have found other means to satisfy himself illegally.

Karma looks to have come a bit late for many...

Actually pederasty is a man having sex with a passive boy ........ The article seems to mention a young girl

Pederasty or paederasty (US: /ˈpɛdəræsti/, UK: /ˈpiːdəræsti/) is a (usually erotic) relationship between an older man and an adolescent boy outside his immediate family. The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of children" or "love of boys",[1] a compound derived from παῖς (pais) "child, boy" and ἐραστής (erastēs) "lover"

You are correct. I misused the word. I was referring to the aspect of the younger person being pre-pubescent (which fits in the Frenchman's cases) but it is true, the word is about male to male cross generational sex, not heterosexual. Thanks for the correction of my heinous error. Edited by Jingthing

One thing that many may not be aware of is that in Buddhist teachings, it says that while a son is good to have, a daughhter is a blessing as she can bring money to the family. While I think the original purpose to of this concept was for something similar to "sin sod", I think the Thai have loosely interpreted to mean prostitution as well, and that selling the daughter for financial gain is perfectly acceptable to some.

According to my Thai wife, girls who become prostitutes or, more politely, "bar girls", and who use the money they make to help support their families, are actually "earning good karma", which is why there is little shame to their actions or professions. One of her cousins, who is stunningly beautiful, and very sexy, worked as a bar girl for 4 years to earn money to pay for cancer treatments and medications for her father. After the father finally passed away, the girl quit the business and now owns a small, but successful restaurant, and no one in the family thinks anything less of her for what she did.

However, for the OP, if this man is guilty, and if the mother is also found guilty, then I hope they both receive he full brunt of the law. And as for the little girl, my heart goes out to her, as her life has been ruined, and in reality, there probably isn't anything that anyone can, or will do, to get her the treatment she needs.

That guy def has mental disorder of sexual preference, fetish. He really sickens me. As for the mother, I do feel really sorry for those who are poor, but...... sell her own daughter???? A kid??? Have no idea how people like that can live with themselves..... really hope people like that deserve to be punished & I'm sure they will, Gotta belive in Karma, it might come late, but it arrives eventually!

sorry i must be mistaken. I read that he gave the mother some money. Now the mother wants to take cival action. how does that work ? sell your kid. the have the person arrested after the kid has been assaulted.

i am not sure what sickens me more. the mother or the rapist. or both ???

Agree- the mother is a criminal... I am sure lawyers touted their services to make it click that she will benefit in court by HER actions. Now how the court treats this supposed mother will be very interesting. As she did in fact sell her 8 yo daughter.

Let's face it- if she never offerred her daughter for $20 then this ONE incident would not have happened. Obviously he (If guilty) like others he would have found other means to satisfy himself illegally.

Karma looks to have come a bit late for many...

Poor or not, there are morals that spread around the world and chidren SHOULD not be subjected to any act that takes away from their youth. Last month, while waiting at a red light in a taxi at the corner of Silom and Sathorn, a young girl (8-10 years old) weaved about cars trying to sell merit flowers. An older lady knocked on my taxi door window and regardless of the taxi drivers demands not to communicate, I did. She suggested that I could take that child for 500 Bht. She didn't say for what, but I closed the window knowing what she meant, This scene happens everywhere and there is no policing to prevent it. To fix this problem, law officials need to remove the attempt to stop the action.

I am fascinated by how the various mechanisms of the neo-liberal regimes have provided you (all of you reading this topic) with a relentance fascination in these sorts of sexual crimes.

Although there was always a narrative within the working classes against such acts (and the middle classes condoning of the corrupt working class culture has gone on since Hogarth), among the middle classes, the literature until only the 1980s was essentially accepting of men with boys (but not girls).

Running through the genealogy of the criming of sex with children, we find the concern with it a very recent phenomenon. Indeed, having sex with a woman with her on top carried a 3 year sentence but a boy a mere 2 years in the post-Roman Empire Christian west europe in some jurisdictions (I read this last week but I cannot recall the exact dates or place, but you get the picture).

So I am left to wonder how the various institutions abnormalised this conduct and how it was demarcated out as the one taboo to give you all a jouissance feeling of disgust.

I came to this forum because I could not work out why there was no new posting in the ever-popular 'farang pub' forum for over an hour. Of course, you are all here. So this topic, that offers such a quick Lacanian moment of enjoyment by denial has give you all the appropriate wet dream for the moment.

it is as inevitable as the rising of the moon, that this taboo will at some point no longer be a taboo and something quite legtimiate now will take its place. I cannot imagine what or how.

But we can see the bizarre obsession with any sexual desire of violence that the Western world has in the last 2 years grabbed. The UK has just made it illegal to possess cartoons with depictions of violence that are disgusting (note the low level of obscenity) that could be reasonably be regarded as sexually gratifying. This is comedy. But it is tragic-comedy, and you are the panto dames playing along with it.

Rather than focusing in on this locus of the institutions of disgust of the neoliberal states you should be fighting for the state to leave you alone. Get off your backs and at least sign up to the CAAN fightback.

What a mad world...

A golden key can open any door.

Please be aware that many Thai criminals just 'bought' children in Cambodia for almost nothing. Some of them are selling chewing gums in Pattaya, others have to give their body. What a sad world we're in...................

Unfortunately this exploitation of Thai women by foreigners is not uncommon. I am a foreigner living in the country and I, and at least 4 other foreigners, know that someone here (call him "X") has been drugging and raping young Thai women for years. Can we stop it? No. Will any of the girls report this to the police? No.

I am no feminist (I have paid for sex in Patpong etc) but I cannot stand this abuse of women's human rights here. In my opinion (and in the law) everyone has the right to say 'yes' or 'no' to sex. In Patpong etc the girl (often) can decide if she goes with a man or not, but on the other hand if during a date the farang, such as "X", makes the girl drink strong alcoholic beverages or drugs (such as rohypnol, GHB etc) the girl has lost her choice. Her rights are violated.

How can we stop this happening? Girls in Thailand are so trusting and so charming, it makes me want to cry when I hear what these bastards do to them.

I would be happier if the comments were "some Thais" do this or that rather than the suggestions that all Thais do this or that.

Most Thais I know would find the story as horrifying as the readers do here. It is a sad state of affairs, indeed, but its hardly a wide-spread Thai habit to sell children.

Those that do - or those that utilize services of those that do - hit the news though so it might seem wide-spread. As for the Frenchman, his reasoning is as disgusting as his actions.