Optician In Bangkok

If you are referring to the blue and white shop don't worry about them -- all the girls in white are university trained opticians and that chain makes a fortune.

I have often wondered how these shops make money to support the rents and staff.

There are dozens of them, hardly ever see customers going in or out, and you hardly ever see Thais wearing spectacles.

Maybe they make their profit on disposable contact lenses?

And if any bar owners are looking in here, howzabout a bit of imagine guys? The "Opticians", "Ward Room 69", "The Clinic"????

Sorry OP, lead the thread away here, but your chances of finding a job or setting up a business to compete with the massive optician chains are zero.

Well don't expect, my friends, to find alot of customers in this type of shop.

In my shop I usually record 3 customers per day (8 hours of work) and I gain enough to support myself and my family quite decently.

It's a job ideal for lazy people that want easy money ahah ... just kidding.

Every customer takes one hour if you have to make tests... I will have to check by myself the situation, I have heard that Thai opticians are really donkeys.

P.S. In Italy an optician takes 2000 € full time.

If you are referring to the blue and white shop don't worry about them -- all the girls in white are university trained opticians and that chain makes a fortune.

I have often wondered how these shops make money to support the rents and staff.

There are dozens of them, hardly ever see customers going in or out, and you hardly ever see Thais wearing spectacles.

Maybe they make their profit on disposable contact lenses?

And if any bar owners are looking in here, howzabout a bit of imagine guys? The "Opticians", "Ward Room 69", "The Clinic"????

Sorry OP, lead the thread away here, but your chances of finding a job or setting up a business to compete with the massive optician chains are zero.

Can you give me one reason of what you are saying? It's obvious that you don't know nothing about this market, so try to explain your reasons with some arguments (why zero?)

Also in Italy there are 4 or 5 big chains of opticians but little shops always survive very well.

Btw I would like to know also why they would not hire me...

Edited by AlexOptician

Btw I would like to know also why they would not hire me...

1. They would need to obtain a work permit for you.

2. You would need to read/write/speak fluent Thai.

3. They would have to show that there are no suitable Thais who can also do the job.

4. Just a guess, but I would estimate that the staff are paid maybe around 15,000 baht/month in Bangkok and 30% less in the sticks. That is not a survivable wage for a foreigner.

5. Hiring a foreigner is just a big hassle.