1 Year Extension And 90 Day Report

My 90 day report was due tomorrow but I went in today as I had time. My current 1 year extension based on work expires at the end of the month. They stamped my 90 day report receipt as Sept 30 return date and another stamp stating my Visa expires on Sept 30. Having annual extensions for work for 18 years obviously my Visa expired nearly 2 decades ago. ;)

I've never seen this done before, giving the 90 day address report only time until extension expires, in this case 3 weeks. Guess it makes sense but it is a new happening to me. Others experience this?

BTW, he stated out loud - "Visa expire, report again".

They have no basis for doing so in law. The report is due after 90 days and that is in black and white in the immigration act. Suspect someone is trying to be helpful without concern for the law and trying to sync your dates and not doing a very good job of it either as you will normally renew an extension of stay several weeks early.

They have no basis for doing so in law. The report is due after 90 days and that is in black and white in the immigration act. Suspect someone is trying to be helpful without concern for the law and trying to sync your dates and not doing a very good job of it either as you will normally renew an extension of stay several weeks early.

They did the same in Chiuang Mai

I have never seen this before as well but could it be that they are now trying to synchronize extension and 90-days report?

Because when I filed my extension application on June 24 this year the officer asked me if I want her to do the 90-days report at the same time. I told her no because my report was already in the mail (due on July 22).

opalhort

I also found the O/P's post quite strange.

Especially seeing as last week I was at Changwattana with someone who had overstayed his yearly extension of stay by 3 MONTHS!! Yet when I turned in his 90 day reporting paperwork, (while he waited back in the queue at the other area for his visa); other than the 2000baht fine he was charged for late reporting, the stamp on the receipt indicated his next report date was in another 90 days. This guy was technically visa-less when he reported, yet they took the 90 day report paper w/no problem.

Strange really, but maybe Chiang Mai does things a bit differently.