Australian Red Shirt Conor David Purcell Finally Deported From Thailand

webfact

The Red shirt Leaders should pay for him since he support the red shirt demonstration in Ratchapasong. It good that he is being deported because he has no right to demonstrate because he is a foreigner and can't interfere our internal affair. Good for our Nation without such foreigners playing Politics.

I agree with you! The country is being destroyed fine, locally, without the need for idiots like this Aussie and the other two Brits.

The Red shirt Leaders should pay for him since he support the red shirt demonstration in Ratchapasong. It good that he is being deported because he has no right to demonstrate because he is a foreigner and can't interfere our internal affair. Good for our Nation without such foreigners playing Politics.

I agree with you! The country is being destroyed fine, locally, without the need for idiots like this Aussie and the other two Brits.

Haven't heard anything recently about that second Brit, alleged Red Shirt Arsonist Mr. Bush (not George), up in Chiang Mai.

As an Aussie, what I find disturbing is the the government will allow

one of it's citizens to rot in detention. Regardless of what you think

of the man or his crime, (I personlly think he has mental problems)

I think it's shameful.

It's obviously ok, to transer drug traffickers back to Australia and

pay for that, but not for this.

And before everyone starts jumping up and down about a waste

of taxpayers money etc, I think the government have an obligation

to help Australian citiizens.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

• Like 1

I think it's shameful.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

He was offered and given assistance by the Australian government. But people who commit crimes (particularly those that knowingly commit crimes) in other countries have to go through the justice system of that country. They shouldn't be given a free ride just because they happen to be Australian citizens.

If he was a pedophile or drug trafficker he would still spend a number of years in the foreign jail before some swap was done to bring him back to an Australian jail to serve out his time.

Edited by whybother

That is good, 26 replies so far and only one with the slightest hint of the absurd notion that Purcell had any right to publicly air his political views.

Maybe too early - the apologists are not up yet or, worse, not back from the pub.

Yes, he had every right to go on that stage and make a complete moron of himself.

And we have every right to label him a complete moron for him on this forum, while other people have the right to defend the moron at any cost.

• Like 1

I think it's shameful.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

He was offered and given assistance by the Australian government. But people who commit crimes (particularly those that knowingly commit crimes) in other countries have to go through the justice system of that country. They shouldn't be given a free ride just because they happen to be Australian citizens.

If he was a pedophile or drug trafficker he would still spend a number of years in the foreign jail before some swap was done to bring him back to an Australian jail to serve out his time.

If you have read the story, you will see that he did his jail time, so he didn't get a free ride.

He was left in detention because him or his family could not pay.

If he was an American, the Embassy would've paid for his flight home and billed

him whitch is how I think it should be.

Regards

Will

I think it's shameful.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

If you have read the story, you will see that he did his jail time, so he didn't get a free ride.

Regards

Will

if he.doesn't have enough money for flight home then he shouldn't be travelling.

Ho hum, Why doesn't it surprise me that the vast majority of people posting in this thread are of the "hang em high" clique?

The same people who are the first to bitch when the Thai government changes the visa entry rules, the long stay rules. The same people who bitch and moan about not being able to own property, can't work, corruption, 90-day reports, marriage visa requirements, border-hop requirements, etc.

Again the same stupid comments about a foreigner not having any rights to complain or protest. One can only presume that none of the critics of Conor are American, Australian, or British for a start - the same countries that have troops in Afghanistan murdering civilians as a protest against the laws and rules of the Taliban.

The comments from the token Thais on the forum are also laughable as Thailand has never stood up to anyone in the past - surrendering to the Japanese within 24-hours during WWII.

One can only be left with the impression of what a great bunch of gutless two-faced wonders most Thaivisa forum posters are.

Happy to complain about everything from the strong baht to having to register their address in Thailand while hiding behind anonymous forum handles, but when it comes to fighting for the same level of human rights, fairness and transparency in government that they insist on in their home countries (which obviously isn't good enough for them as they don't live there) they leap on to TV to post infantile comments about someone who had the guts and determination to support their beliefs by taking a stand against tyranny, corruption, double standards and discrimination.

Anyone of you who have posted your sneering comments in this thread have no right at all to ever complain when your visa is refused, when rules and laws are enacted that further erode the rights of foreigners in Thailand. None of you have the right to complain about corruption, cry double standards or bitch and moan about your 90-day reports or border runs.

Conor might have been unwise to be so visible in his protest, but at least he had the balls to publicly show the government that westerners deplore the way this government treats its own people and that these actions are out of step with the developed world. A protest by thinking westerners and concerned individuals that continues with the low levels of tourists and the empty bars and beaches as foreign tourists choose to go elsewhere for their vacations.

Perhaps next week we'll be laughing at the same people who have been so quick to condone Conor when the Thai government cancels the retirement visa scheme for foreigners, passes a law that says non-Thais cannot be treated in Thai public hospitals, that property bought in a Thai nationals name who is married to a farang is illegal or that the kids of mixed marriage Thais cannot attend Thai government schools.

Seems to me that so many TV aficionados forget their morals, their standards and their basic beliefs as soon as they get off the plane. Or perhaps it's just indicative that they never had any in the first place which is why they are here and not in their home countries.

• Like 1

We welcome farang to spend money in Thailand. We do not welcome people like Purcell, where he comes to stay in our jail rent free, and even get a free ticket home. What a wast on our tax payer money.

The true spirit of Thailand. Come and spend you money but ignore everything else. How much tax have you paid in the last five years?And where exactly has Conor had a free ride? Being treated for bullet wounds inflicted by your murderous army and government perhaps?

Oh wait, first your governemnt shot people and then handed out money to the families of those killed or wounded, so that makes it ok. Sounds like a greater waste of tax-payer money to me.

Edited by Pria

I think it's shameful.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

if he.doesn't have enough money for flight home then he shouldn't be travelling.

That's not the point.

Whether he had the money or not is not relevant.

I'm talking about the lack of assistance from the Australian government.

Regards

Will

That's a bit harsh. After all he was invited to play. :whistling:

Love that quote ' ..he has no right to demonstrate because he is a foreigner..' If you dislike foreigners and think they have no rights why are you communicating in a foreigners language??:lol: Surely Thai must be better?? Well, at least he had the balls to stand up for what he thought was right, even if with hindsight it was a bit misguided. Bet the aussie tabloids will havea field day with him if he sells his story...could a book be in the way...'the lone aussie freedom fighter silenced by an evil undemocratic government .......

Okay... I give up jon... where does Yuri say that he/she dislikes foreigners? And actually, the Aussie doesn't have any rights with regards to Thai politics. And being invited to speak does not create that right. Of course the answer to your other simple question is obvious but it seems you need to have it pointed out that Yuri is communicating in English because... Hello! This is an English based forum and to get one's opinion across you must use... ENGLISH! And yes, anyone can stand for what you think is right, but that doesn't equate to being smart or clever, does it?

We welcome farang to spend money in Thailand. We do not welcome people like Purcell, where he comes to stay in our jail rent free, and even get a free ticket home. What a wast on our tax payer money.

The true spirit of Thailand. Come and spend you money but ignore everything else. How much tax have you paid in the last five years?And where exactly has Conor had a free ride? Being treated for bullet wounds inflicted by your murderous army and government perhaps?

Oh wait, first your governemnt shot people and then handed out money to the families of those killed or wounded, so that makes it ok. Sounds like a greater waste of tax-payer money to me.

When you say the murderous government you're referring to the Taksin regime I presume...

Ho hum, Why doesn't it surprise me that the vast majority of people posting in this thread are of the "hang em high" clique?

The same people who are the first to bitch when the Thai government changes the visa entry rules, the long stay rules. The same people who bitch and moan about not being able to own property, can't work, corruption, 90-day reports, marriage visa requirements, border-hop requirements, etc.

Again the same stupid comments about a foreigner not having any rights to complain or protest. One can only presume that none of the critics of Conor are American, Australian, or British for a start - the same countries that have troops in Afghanistan murdering civilians as a protest against the laws and rules of the Taliban.

The comments from the token Thais on the forum are also laughable as Thailand has never stood up to anyone in the past - surrendering to the Japanese within 24-hours during WWII.

One can only be left with the impression of what a great bunch of gutless two-faced wonders most Thaivisa forum posters are.

Happy to complain about everything from the strong baht to having to register their address in Thailand while hiding behind anonymous forum handles, but when it comes to fighting for the same level of human rights, fairness and transparency in government that they insist on in their home countries (which obviously isn't good enough for them as they don't live there) they leap on to TV to post infantile comments about someone who had the guts and determination to support their beliefs by taking a stand against tyranny, corruption, double standards and discrimination.

Anyone of you who have posted your sneering comments in this thread have no right at all to ever complain when your visa is refused, when rules and laws are enacted that further erode the rights of foreigners in Thailand. None of you have the right to complain about corruption, cry double standards or bitch and moan about your 90-day reports or border runs.

Conor might have been unwise to be so visible in his protest, but at least he had the balls to publicly show the government that westerners deplore the way this government treats its own people and that these actions are out of step with the developed world. A protest by thinking westerners and concerned individuals that continues with the low levels of tourists and the empty bars and beaches as foreign tourists choose to go elsewhere for their vacations.

Perhaps next week we'll be laughing at the same people who have been so quick to condone Conor when the Thai government cancels the retirement visa scheme for foreigners, passes a law that says non-Thais cannot be treated in Thai public hospitals, that property bought in a Thai nationals name who is married to a farang is illegal or that the kids of mixed marriage Thais cannot attend Thai government schools.

Seems to me that so many TV aficionados forget their morals, their standards and their basic beliefs as soon as they get off the plane. Or perhaps it's just indicative that they never had any in the first place which is why they are here and not in their home countries.

In principle I do not have any problem with foreigners expressing a political opinion or supporting a political party.

What I object to in this case and with our UK mate Jeff is that they openly supported criminal violent activities.

They did this because they had fallen for the Thaksin mirage that history was on the red side and burning and looting was a part of the 'liberation' struggle.

Conor is just a side show and one of the interesting things about the May events is how few foreigners joined the rampage.

By the time the conflagration took off, most of the Thais had gone as well.

<Snip>

Will

From Attorney Generals site on Thai/Aust prisoner transfer. Doesn't seem to automatically be free Will.

Prisoners transferring to Australia may be asked to pay all or part of the costs involved with their transfer, if the relevant State or Territory Minister considers that the prisoner is in a position to do so.

If the prisoner is required to pay transfer costs, arrangements must be finalised and agreed to by the prisoner, or the prisoner’s representative, before the prisoner’s physical transfer will be arranged.

Maybe he plan it from the very start, to get a free ticket home. Only he did not think that we will lock him up for so long before the free trip.

Yes, my dear, nice remarks, go back sleep again, please

What a shame he did not get a longer sentence at the Bangkok Hilton. Wonder if he will get into politics when he is back home? ha ha

Are u sure the USA embassy would have paid for this guys trip back?????? I really do not think they would knowing the past history of the US Embassy in other matters. Just my humble opinion.

I think it's shameful.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

Are u sure the USA embassy would have paid for this guys trip back?????? I really do not think they would knowing the past history of the US Embassy in other matters. Just my humble opinion.

I think it's shameful.

Let the barrage begin.

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

I'm pretty sure they would.

They do it in other countries so I cannot see why

they wouldn' in Thailand. It is a lot better than to see a citizen

rot in detention for the price of a one way ticket.

Regards

Will

<Snip>

Will

From Attorney Generals site on Thai/Aust prisoner transfer. Doesn't seem to automatically be free Will.

Prisoners transferring to Australia may be asked to pay all or part of the costs involved with their transfer, if the relevant State or Territory Minister considers that the prisoner is in a position to do so.

If the prisoner is required to pay transfer costs, arrangements must be finalised and agreed to by the prisoner, or the prisoner's representative, before the prisoner's physical transfer will be arranged.

I guess the big word there is MAY.

But I was really talking about the amount of money it costs for ongoing

incarceration.

Regards

Will

<Snip>

Will

If the prisoner is required to pay transfer costs, arrangements must be finalised and agreed to by the prisoner, or the prisoner's representative, before the prisoner's physical transfer will be arranged.

incarceration.

Regards

Will

Yes. So the government MAY pay. I don't think they would pay where someone deliberately went out of there way to break a law and had the ability to organise it for themselves.

What examples do you have of the Australian of American governments paying for flights of criminals.

<Snip>

Will

incarceration.

Regards

Will

Yes. So the government MAY pay. I don't think they would pay where someone deliberately went out of there way to break a law and had the ability to organise it for themselves.

What examples do you have of the Australian of American governments paying for flights of criminals.

When Australia deports a Thai criminal, it pays for the airfare, and sends a bill to the deportee. Of course the bill is rarely paid.

<Snip>

Will

incarceration.

Regards

Will

Again, you're missing the point!

Try and keep up. Regardless of the crime, if the money can't be paid,

I think the government should arrange ticket and bill person. When the

US embassy does it, said person is unabale to travel overeas until

the debt is paid. That is for immigration purposes.

Well, who do you think pays for flights when a criminal from overseas

finishes his sentence? The government of course!

Regards

Will

The US will pay for a ticket back for their citizens held in immigration detention in a foreign country. The person will have to pay back the loan. Upon returning to the US the passport will be confiscated until the travel debt is paid in full.

Moreover, they will only do this one time. If the need arises a second time then the US government will not assist.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

The US will pay for a ticket back for their citizens held in immigration detention in a foreign country. The person will have to pay back the loan. Upon returning to the US the passport will be confiscated until the travel debt is paid in full.

Moreover, they will only do this one time. If the need arises a second time then the US government will not assist.

Seems the US will look after Russians even better.

I hear theres a private plane waiting for one at present.

Seems the US will look after Russians even better.

I hear theres a private plane waiting for one at present.

Indeed. And prisoners also get free taxi rides to and from court and on to the prison. They even get free room and board while they are in prison. A travesty I say. :whistling:

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I notice his family are in Perth.

He is going to Sydney.

Obviously he does not want to go back to family.

Or the Red Shirt supporting Thais in Sydney,

are the only ones that will have him.

And how long before they tell him to sling his hook after a few days on the sofa.

The red shirts in Sydney will have a new friend who would be the kiss of death to anything positive they aspire to.