Mid Range Android Phones

NguuMuu

I've been checking out mid-range android OS phones and I've seen the HTC aria (16000 baht), HTC wildfire (12000 baht), and motorola milestone (16000 baht). Is there anything else decent available in this price range. Would prefer a keypad and froyo is possible.

I'll probably be waiting for the motorola milestone 2 or droid 2 world edition to come out later this year, but the missus needs a phone now....

Might not suit you as no physical keypad and waiting on froyo update (promised by end of september) but:

Samsung Galaxy 3 can be had in MBK for around 9500 baht. Very solid phone, great build quality (took one serious bash from me/a pavement already, works fine) no slowdowns, comes with a 4gb miniSD. One caveat: the GPS struggles to get a fix, the same is true of the much more expensive , top of the line Galaxy S. Samsung are aware of the problem and rolling out the fix with froyo update asap.

I bought a htc wildfire recently as I wanted to look at the touch screen facility, most phones are gonna be like that someday...I just use it as a telephone and for messages, calender, calculator, etc, pretty much the same as my previous nokia 1680 although there are lots of applications :boring:

I did connect to the wireless internet in a hotel lobby once while waiting for my ride...it was neat... :)

paid eur279 at the amsterdam airport...