No Visa

1. If you are on a 60 day tourist visa entry that can be extended for 30 days with payment of 1,900 baht at any immigration office.

2. If you overstay 30 days a fine of 30x500 = 15,000 baht would have to be paid prior to exit and you would risk jail during that period.

3. Under current policy there is no ban involved.

It is not the matter of 500baht a day fine for overstaying in the kingdom. If you get so unfortunate to get caught for passport check than the consequences can be horrible, you may never been stopped anywhere for passport check before but we are never sure what happens next so my friendly advice to you is not to overstay and if possible either get an extension at immigration for 1900 baht or just do a visa run.

im only here on a visa waver for 30 days but want to stay for another 90days? is the only way to travel outside of thailand to apply for a tourist visa? how much are tourist visa?

You need to visit a Thai Consulate and apply for a Tourist Visa.

This will give 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days.

Visas are free at the moment. The extension is 1,900 Baht.

Vientienne Laos will issue a double entry also free of charge.

im only here on a visa waver for 30 days but want to stay for another 90days? is the only way to travel outside of thailand to apply for a tourist visa? how much are tourist visa?

Yes, you will need to leave the country. Go to Vientiane, Laos and get a double entry tourist visa for free. (You will need to pay for the visa for Laos)

To the OP: But you must be thinking about it costs/penalty-wise since you had a specific overstay time period in mind (i.e., 30 days) versus a "Whoops, I overstayed by a few days." Good luck (and be careful) in your cost-benefit analysis.

Edited by Pib

The op started the thread with, what happens if i do something illegal, not what would be the correct way of doing this - 'scenario'.

Why do people look to come to Thailand or for that matter any other country, without the correct visa in the first instance, and then whilst in that country have to duck and dive to try and stay legal.

In my option it is all the people doing the ducking and diving that cause all the rule changes, making it harder for the people that are trying to do it the correct way.

rant over

@thaibound2

Having said that, do things the correct way and get the applicable visa in your home country, if you are staying 60 to 90 days get a double entry tourist visa, or a single entry non immigrant 'o' visa, or if longer than 90 days, plan on a tourist visa border run, with a view to extending your original visa, if in the UK or Australia there would be the option of a multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa.

Going to Vientiane, Laos and get a double entry tourist visa for free it is then thanks fot the help?

q

how much is plane ticket to laos

how long will the journey take

how much is laos visa cant i just get visa waiver as im only going to be staying for as long as it takes to get the thai visa

how long will the issue of the visa take?

my 30 days are up on the 19th in thailand so i would have to travel to loas on the 15th????

where do i buy ticket to laos in bangkok

Most people would fly to Udon as that is less than 45 minutes from border and take van/bus from there as cheaper than flights to Laos. You can also take daily train or bus service (Morchitt II (North) bus station).

You can obtain visa from Laos Embassy in Bangkok or at border (takes only a few minutes). There is no visa exempt entry so you must have photos and pay about $30 (it varies by passport).

You apply for visa in morning and pick up next workday afternoon.

Going to Vientiane, Laos and get a double entry tourist visa for free it is then thanks fot the help?

q

how much is laos visa cant i just get visa waiver as im only going to be staying for as long as it takes to get the thai visa

my 30 days are up on the 19th in thailand so i would have to travel to loas on the 15th????

Just do a search, many places do Thai 'Visa' service, going by plane or by mini bus, they do it all for you even collect your passport and return in to your hotel before crossing the boarder back into Thailand and the mini bus or plane back to Bangkok..

Just one such website going by Mini Bus [There are many]

''Trips are twice a week: Sunday and Wednesday evening, meeting is 8.00pm in the parking lot of Tesco/Lotus ON NUT, next to the BTS Station ON NUT, just besides the KFC.

8.30pm is the latest departure for Vientiane/Laos, the trip is approximately 9 hours, and we will stop twice for a 15 minute break. The Exit and Entry point of Thailand is Nong Khai.

At the Thai/Laotian Border and at the Royal Thai Embassy, we provide full service: we assist with all visa formalities. Upon completion of the application we check into a Guesthouse and breakfast will be provided.

At 5.30pm we invite for Diner, buffet style. Afterwards enjoy local Nightlife on your own.

Next day, at 1.00pm check out, we’ll pick up Passport on your behalf and head straight to Thailand, on the way back we provide Diner. We expect to arrive in Bangkok around midnight.

THB 2,500.- include Transportation, Transfer, Single Room , 3 meals and 1 buffet dinner ''

q

Two Australian Ladies I know used PB tours they do everything, Van service the girls highly recommended in to me but I have not used it. The owner speaks English and the number in Bkk is 02 713 2498. I don't know if TVF will allow me to post this business info?

Edited by Colabamumbai

a big thank you to every one who feature in this thread you helped me resolve what at firstr was a quite confusing issue.......

im booked up and ready to make a day trip out to loas for a toursit visa and it really seems quite simple and reasonable price to just go along with an expeirianced visa service company to make things go smoothly less stress and also a nice day and night to see some where new?

cheers all