Getting Married In Thailand

In that case go right ahead and jump into the water again.:lol:

Take that your passport and yourself to the British Embassy/ Consulate and apply for your letter that's says you can marry. Take the letter and have it translated from English to Thai and submit to the MFA. Take the certified letter from the MFA with your passport and copies of along with your divorce decree that also has been translated into Thai and submitted to the MFA along with your future to the Amphur along withe her Thai ID House registration Book and if she has been divorced her divorce papers and do it again.

Edited by gotlost

No, it's not right, as soon as you have your divorce absolute you are free to marry.

I'm assuming that you are from the UK, if this is the case take your original divorce absolute to the Consular Section at the UK Embassy and get a declaration that you are free to marry and then get it translated and approved by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Edit - Sorry "gotlost" you were too quick, or rather I was too slow.

Edited by theoldgit

Under Thai Law if you are divorced then it is ok for you to marry at any time. However, if your future wife has either divorced, or her husband has died, then she cannot marry within 310 days of either of these events.

Edited by VisasPlus

Under Thai Law if you are divorced then it is ok for you to marry at any time. However, if your future wife has either divorced, or her husband has died, then she cannot marry within 310 days of either of these events.

Sorry but wrong, Thai lady can get doctors certificate to say she isn't preggers, then she can remarry straight away.

Sorry but wrong, Thai lady can get doctors certificate to say she isn't preggers, then she can remarry straight away.

Thank you. I didn't know that. I guess that explains the 310 days, that the prospective wife must show that she is not expecting a child. Mind you, I should imagine that it's not too difficult to get a doctor's certificate saying one is not pregnant !

Thank you. I didn't know that. I guess that explains the 310 days, that the prospective wife must show that she is not expecting a child. Mind you, I should imagine that it's not too difficult to get a doctor's certificate saying one is not pregnant !

haha you should have known that, it was your office that told me and my wife about it in jan this yr when you did some translations for us?

Whoops. In my defence, I wasn't there in January, plus I do the visas for overseas.

haha you should have known that, it was your office that told me and my wife about it in jan this yr when you did some translations for us?

Whoops. In my defence, I wasn't there in January, plus I do the visas for overseas. The girls in the office know all the stuff for Thailand ( as you found out in January ? ), and normally I would ask them them for the info. That said, I did get married here myself, so I guess I should know. Now I do know, thanks to you !

Thanks again