Satellite Cuts Out In The Rain

PattayaParent

Now that is just silly - You could just put a condom over the LNB - its a lot easier. :lol:

That is correct. One size does fit all.:lol:

Every one hates a know all......BUT its not the rain at the dish its the rain and dense cloud that the radiated signal from the Satellite has to try and travel through.

Satellite frequencies are in the range of around 5 Ghz for C band and 11 Giga Hertz for Ku....and the higher the frequency the more the attenuation from moisture in the air.

Obviously water in your cable connections will be a problem easily solved using self amalgamated tape...not electrical insulation tape or silicon.....

Now you know....................:P

• Like 1

I sorta love the reply from the Support Centres that it's raining on the setellite !... However was slightly better informed that TV transmission had gone from 'c' band to 'Ku' band. Then mobil phones had taken over 'Ku' band only for TV transmission to be moved to something even more suseptible to adverse weather.

Will happily be better informed by those really in the know. :)

Satellite frequencies are in the range of around 5 Ghz for C band and 11 Giga Hertz for Ku....and the higher the frequency the more the attenuation from moisture in the air.

It is also worse in the tropical areas where the rain drops are larger,

approximating to the wavelength of the signal at the Ku band end of the spectrum.

For those of us that have travelled extensively in Thailand to see an umbrella covering a UBC satellite dish is not uncommon up jungle and i reckon I saw my first one some ten years ago.

I laughed ten years ago and to this day still see the funny side of it.